Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 31
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21232425262728293031323334353637383941 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Awefully quiet up here...all having a whale of a time with AVIAtion I suppose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udm2YjKPKsE&feature=related

can't say I blame you all.

Oh well...back down I go...

Take the time to ... breathe .... :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Maarten for hanging in here with us during development; we appreciate the support. The team had lots of fun doing the Avias, so much so, we are extending the efforts to ... two other Robert Nebesar designs of the period.
    Alright, so I couldn't help myself, and I did some digging...

First, I ruled out my favorite Avia- the B534. Frantiszek Novotny designed that one... 'tis a pity. I still fly Milan Lisner's FS8 version in FS9 all the time (maybe someone someday will make another one...)

Second, I ruled out the B35/B135- it seems Pavel Benes made that one...

Which leaves the only two other Nebesar-designed Avias I found... the 57 and the 158. Am I on the right track???

Milton, I will totally understand if you 'plead the fifth'... I won't press the issue, and I'll patiently await whatever appears in its/your own good time...

Thanks to all- Mike Z.

Avia 56 and Avia 57

LOL Mike ... nice research.

The Avia 156 was originally to be an Avia 56 following the Avia 51 project.

The Avia 56 was to have used the all new Avia Rr-29, 9-cylinder radial engine with 600HP. However, that engine had some issues that could not be sorted out in time. The decision was then made to use the 12 cylinder liquid cooled engine, and therefore re-badged the 56 to the Avia 156. That aircraft we hope you are enjoying now.

So, with all due respect to Skoda Works, Avia, and Mr. Nebesar, we will finish that prototype with the Rr-29 radial 600 HP supercharged engine.

The next project for Mr. Nebesar was the low wing, 3 engined, retractable gear (first in Czechoslovakia) Avia 57 carrying 14 passengers.

A picture is provided to whet the appetite. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023

The Avia 51

Milton:

I downloaded and installed the Avia 51 package for FSX the other day. Let me congratulate you and all the others involved in this project. I think it is OUTSTANDING.

One question: I would like the autopilot to audibly "beep" when turned off. Is this set in the AIRCRAFT.cfg file by some logical statement ??

Again, Thanks to all for this contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Milton:

I downloaded and installed the Avia 51 package for FSX the other day. Let me congratulate you and all the others involved in this project. I think it is OUTSTANDING.

One question: I would like the autopilot to audibly "beep" when turned off. Is this set in the AIRCRAFT.cfg file by some logical statement ??

Again, Thanks to all for this contribution.
    Thank you Sir :-)

You can add that sound setup to your sound.cfg at the bottom and/or replace what we have there:

Current setup:

[AP_DISENGAGE_SOUND]
    filename=no_ap

Replace with:

[AP_DISENGAGE_SOUND]
    filename=caapdis
    flags=0
    viewpoint=1
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks, Milton.

LOL Mike ... nice research.

The Avia 156 was originally to be an Avia 56 following the Avia 51 project.

The Avia 56 was to have used the all new Avia Rr-29, 9-cylinder radial engine with 600HP. However, that engine had some issues that could not be sorted out in time. The decision was then made to use the 12 cylinder liquid cooled engine, and therefore re-badged the 56 to the Avia 156. That aircraft we hope you are enjoying now.

So, with all due respect to Skoda Works, Avia, and Mr. Nebesar, we will finish that prototype with the Rr-29 radial 600 HP supercharged engine.

The next project for Mr. Nebesar was the low wing, 3 engined, retractable gear (first in Czechoslovakia) Avia 57 carrying 14 passengers.

A picture is provided to whet the appetite. :-)

From that angle the first aircraft that comes to mind is another Milton Shupe classic....with two extra engines. It looks like a large version of the Spartan.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    From that angle the first aircraft that comes to mind is another Milton Shupe classic....with two extra engines. It looks like a large version of the Spartan.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Once Milton began making Avie, I would be happy if they did Avia 14 (it is licensed Ilyushin 14 produced in Czechoslovakia) http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliouchine_Il-14

Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Košík View Post
    Once Milton began making Avie, I would be happy if they did Avia 14 (it is licensed Ilyushin 14 produced in Czechoslovakia) http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliouchine_Il-14
    Hi there!

There is already an Avia 14 available, both in CSA colours and (as Avia 14 Super) in Air Guinee colours. They are part of the Ilyushin IL-14 package by Jens B. Kristensen at e.g. Avsim.com and Flightsim.com (an FS2004 package and an FSX package). They are true beauties. Also available from the same author on both sites the Ilyushin IL-12 package (FS2004 and FSX) incl. an IL-12B in CSA colours.

Cheers,
    Maarten

And here are some screenies of JBK's Avia 14 and Ilyushin IL-12 aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    And here are some screenies of JBK's Avia 14 and Ilyushin IL-12 aircraft.
    Of those I know, but they are not made ​​as perfect as it does Milton Shupe.: Krútiť:

Pitch Trim and Heading Selector Fix for the Avia 51 and Avia 156

If your AP Heading Selector and Pitch Trim are not working in these aircraft, replace your [autopilot] section in the aircraft.cfg with the following:

In the aircraft.cfg, replace the complete [Autopilot] section with the following:

[autopilot]
    autopilot_available = 1
    flight_director_available = 0
    default_vertical_speed = 820
    autothrottle_available = 0
    autothrottle_arming_required = 0
    autothrottle_takeoff_ga = 0
    autothrottle_max_rpm = 90
    pitch_takeoff_ga = 8
    default_pitch_mode =1
    default_bank_mode =2
    max_pitch = 10
    max_pitch_acceleration = 1
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt = 2
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt = 1.5
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint = 20000
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint = 28000
    max_bank= 25
    max_bank_acceleration = 1.8
    max_bank_velocity = 3
    max_throttle_rate = 0.1
    nav_proportional_control = 9
    nav_integrator_control = 0.25
    nav_derivative_control = 0
    nav_integrator_boundary = 2.5
    nav_derivative_boundary = 0
    gs_proportional_control = 9.52
    gs_integrator_control = 0.26
    gs_derivative_control = 0
    gs_integrator_boundary = 0.7
    gs_derivative_boundary = 0
    yaw_damper_gain = 0

Thank you

EDIT: Replaced the section above on Feb 27 to correct default pitch and bank statements to these:
    default_pitch_mode =1
    default_bank_mode =2
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The AP has been driving me bonkers on these radios. I finally got it sorted out.
    I did not know after all these years that there is a model 2 in these statements.

Anyhow, the pitch and heading adjustments work for me now.

If you need that to work for you, copy the AP section above and replace yours in the aircraft.cfg for both the Avia 51 and 156.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

the latest update above has cleared the issues here...thanks
    the 156 would have had a good production run i think, if continued..

rgds
    t creed

The Avia 56 - Coming Soon

The Avia 56 is what the Avia 156 was intended to be. The Rr-29 engine could not quite pass muster for a passenger aircraft so the "56" was modified to accommodate the 12 cylinder liquid cooled engine of the same HP, and the "156" was born.

So, this is the original design targeted to prospective customers ... more on that later from Nigel.

For now, some sneak peaks ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Now that is NICE!!! Waiting on bated breath for that one!:ernae:

Blog Entries
    So, this is the original design targeted to prospective customers ... more on that later from Nigel....
    Excellent work Milton! Nigels skins are wonderful! Thanks to you both for a great model.

John

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avia 56
    O
    ne of the reasons for the still very rural appearance of Cheb Airport has been the evolution of this classical masterpiece of an aircraft.

So my apologies to those patiently awaiting the Scenery-Traffic part of the Avia Project.

However, the addition of the Avia 56 to our growing fleet will provide a welcome element to the scenery/package too.

That big radial fan up front that Milton describes, has been the culprit of numerous sleepless nights for me.
    The Chief pulled it off once again when he engineered this powerhouse onto that already beautiful airframe.

The resulting aeroplane is a revelation in flyabilty and lends itself to a wide range of applications, both civil and military.

The four paint-schemes, hopefully reflect the potential markets the designer would have considered
    when embarking on the '56 specification.

Attachment 60306 Attachment 60307 Attachment 60308

OK - PAF was a Czech Police Airfoce registered aircraft, based at Cheb until late 1938.
    This is an aviation mystery in itself - it is now known that the same registration was applied to three separate aircraft.
    Only one of these can be identified regarding aircraft type.

Attachment 60309 Attachment 60310 Attachment 60311

We've represented the military with two versions:

M-12 depicts an advanced trainer/conversion model used by the 3rd Air Regiment Training Squadron (Vajnory AB)

G-8 marks an aircraft belonging to 6 Squadron (Reconnaissance) belonging to the 1st Air Regiment (Milovice).

Attachment 60312Attachment 60313

Our civil version brings to life a more up-to-date use for those wishing to do some luxury summer island-hopping...

...well you know where!

...and yes, it's served ice-cold, on the 'HOUSE' for all of you!

Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

.....Makes me think of a Norseman that's been chopped, channeled, and raked. I'm certain the much missed Leon Lewis would have painted it black with an eight-ball and some California flames. Good looking plane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Excellent work Milton! Nigels skins are wonderful! Thanks to you both for a great model.

John
    John must take the credit he deserves for his painstaking research on Czech military aircraft of the period.
    His diligent work on Squadron / Unit markings was instrumental in getting this show airworthy.

I also thank you John for the heartening encouragement you have given all along.

That's awesome input Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    .....Makes me think of a Norseman that's been chopped, channeled, and raked. I'm certain the much missed Leon Lewis would have painted it black with an eight-ball and some California flames. Good looking plane.
    Magoo, you don't stand alone with your comparison - the Norseman is a firm favourite of mine also.
    If you're a Noorduyn fan, search no further: The Avia does all the Norseman routine, sounds strikingly similar and flies...

Put it this way; If I were an airshow pilot looking to impress crowds with a sparkling routine - this would top my list!

...but I'm not!

Where I fly, whether it be the mountainous areas of New Zealand (G'day Pete, Wing Z!), hugging mediterranean coastlines trying to catch up with my buddy Matt, or bushflying salmon fishing trips in Canada or Alaska; the only audience likely to be watching, are mischievous flocks of Kea, over-raucus cicada or North American brown bears.

None are interested in aviation in general, or my hilarious attempts at stylish flying in particular!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

A few more shots to satisfy the curiosity ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I like the olympic spirit paint.
    A lot ;-)

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Blog Entries
    Avia 56
    O
    ne of the reasons for the still very rural appearance of Cheb Airport has been the evolution of this classical masterpiece of an aircraft.

So my apologies to those patiently awaiting the Scenery-Traffic part of the Avia Project.

However, the addition of the Avia 56 to our growing fleet will provide a welcome element to the scenery/package too.

That big radial fan up front that Milton describes, has been the culprit of numerous sleepless nights for me.
    The Chief pulled it off once again when he engineered this powerhouse onto that already beautiful airframe.

The resulting aeroplane is a revelation in flyabilty and lends itself to a wide range of applications, both civil and military.

The four paint-schemes, hopefully reflect the potential markets the designer would have considered
    when embarking on the '56 specification.

Attachment 60341 Attachment 60340 Attachment 60342

OK - PAF was a Czech Police Airfoce registered aircraft, based at Cheb until late 1938.
    This is an aviation mystery in itself - it is now known that the same registration was applied to three separate aircraft.
    Only one of these can be identified regarding aircraft type.

Attachment 60343 Attachment 60345 Attachment 60344

We've represented the military with two versions:

M-12 depicts an advanced trainer/conversion model used by the 3rd Air Regiment Training Squadron (Vajnory AB)

G-8 marks an aircraft belonging to 6 Squadron (Reconnaissance) belonging to the 1st Air Regiment (Milovice).

Attachment 60347 Attachment 60346

Our civil version brings to life a more up-to-date use for those wishing to do some luxury summer island-hopping...

...well you know where!

...and yes, it's served ice-cold, on the 'HOUSE' for all of you!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    A few more shots to satisfy the curiosity ...
    Thank you Sir for graciously covering my failure to successfully post my first attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    I like the olympic spirit paint.
    A lot ;-)

R.
    Hey Rob! Great to see you around. Glad you like the paint.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Thank you Nigel; great shots!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here