Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 29
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19212223242526272829303132333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

It will be enjoyable learning those vspeeds Milt.

Many thanks to you and all the helpers on the project! It's been fun watching your progress and research. Flying your creation, after watching all of your efforts, will be more enjoyable.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    It will be enjoyable learning those vspeeds Milt.

Many thanks to you and all the helpers on the project!
    There is a reference document and checklist, and basic specs in the Documentation folder. Not a lot of RW data available but stall, cruise and max speeds are there as used to create the flight model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Košík View Post
    Good day. It is wonderful what you do, but you could not do Aero Ae 145 please?
    Yours,
    Jozef Košík
    Hello Jozef :-)

Thanks for the request. I have 11-12 aircraft in progress and do not take requests. Hopefully something we have produced or are producing will satisfy some FS urge.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

First impression, a quick circuit in pattern for each ac last night before sleep time. First, the craftsmanship in each model is superb in every way, all elements are miles beyond any reproach.

So let's describe my observations as if these were real aircraft just out of the shops....my first check flight.

...The 51 seems a good tough all rounder, a very tight airframe, new engines needing some careful breaking in. Notable, the tri-engine layout creates very poor lateral visibility from the cockpit. Take that one to Avia, it probably wasn't an issue in the thirties, but in todays traffic around any major center, great care is required. Will assess the fuel consumption, she may make a great workhorse in the remotes. The idea of having three engines over ocean, mountains or vast rain forest is very reassuring. Will check out two engine performance next time out. The tri-engine airframe has the expected drag, so final approach seems predictable and uneventful. A three point landing is easy, scrubs off any last speed, plants her nice and firm. Good brakes.

The 156....man....what a different character. You sure these came from the same design bureau...? Throttle back, throttle back....man this thing is fast! Completely blew the first approach, second final (after a ten mile go-around) was a complete power off glide from 2500 ft down to the tree tops, side slipping like a C-152 all the way....a three pointer and then once on the ground....stand on the brakes. Tore up the grass all the way down the strip.
    Not a country girl, this one.

A fast, slick, urban centre to urban centre rocket, prefering a good long paved runway for a more relaxed landing. The sideslip approach can only serve to messup the passenger's emotional stability, when the ones on the forward side realize that they can see straight down the runway in those last few moments.

Sweaty palms.

Good sounds....rorty, crackly.

Very imersive.

Two very different variations on an idea.....I love it. More to add later, after more flight time.

Milton, Nigel, OleBoy, Matt, and the rest of the crew....you guys sure know how to render!!

Thanks for sharing your talents with us..!!

Magoo,

Now that is a great "read".

The 156 ended up being a bit "slicker" than planned by the designer I suspect. The original design called for a 600-HP 9-cylinder radial that would have added more drag. However, the Avia Rr-29 never made production due to design flaws. So, they "popped in" the 12 cylinder, liquid-cooled inline 12Ybrs. Hence, the rocket ....
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes interesting read indeed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the old fuel consumption - we're in the thirties, when it was practically being given away by the tankerfull.

I expect most new owners are treating their shiny new hangar inmates with gingerly repect. The more hours gained with these birds, the more their handling potentials will be revealed - I now fly the '51 to its limits - bushflying style- boy can that plane flyyyyyy
    (Milton will probably never forgive me), after all the testing, can't get enough of it...

Pete Ham: I knew this bird would be your choice - thanks for sharing those beautiful pics too.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Yes interesting read indeed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the old fuel consumption - we're in the thirties, when it was practically being given away by the tankerfull.

I expect most new owners are treating their shiny new hangar inmates with gingerly repect. The more hours gained with these birds, the more their handling potentials will be revealed - I now fly the '51 to its limits - bushflying style- boy can that plane flyyyyyy
    (Milton will probably never forgive me), after all the testing, can't get enough of it...

Pete Ham: I knew this bird would be your choice - thanks for sharing those beautiful pics too.
    Forgive you? What? For the awesome sounds or the dynamite SCW livery? ... or the great AI experience? LOL

The CLS regional airline traveled to many of the European major stops. Range was 500 miles for these birds. I setup the FM for that, plus some safety margin, about 600 miles on econo-cruise.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks for the upcoming light mods.

These aircraft do not have flaps so you have to plan your descent as a longer, less steep approach.

Stall is at ~60MPH (52 kias) so any attempt to land at 80 or 90 is way over vspeed.

Get you speed down, and land at about 62-65 MPH (not knots) and she will drop in very sweetly without bounce.
    And she loves the grass strips as well.

As with any aircraft, you must learn the vspeeds, and fly (and land) accordingly.
    Oh -- I'm supposed to do all that? Guess I've been pushing Pipers amd Aeroncas aroound too much of late. Kind of hard to mess them up -- at least it says so in the fine print. Anyway, I'm getting thehang of these babies. Like Magoo said, two really different beasts -- er I mean beauties

BTW, I'm actually pushing these guys around in fsX now days as a result of a surprise Christmas gift.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Simply wonderful! Thanks very much to all involved in the creation of these aircraft. :salute:

Brian

Simply wonderfull , also a thx from me to all involved guys

Attachment 58370

Andi

Thank to the Milton team
    Aircrafts are fantastic (as usual from Milton group)
    And I like also the very nice sounds

Thank you for all the comments for the team. It has been an awesome project and everyone worked very hard and fast on these two aircraft.

There were some great support from our Czech Republic contacts and this project would have been a lot different without them. Thanks to all these great people mentioned in the Readme.txt credits.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you for all the comments for the team. It has been an awesome project and everyone worked very hard and fast on these two aircraft.

There were some great support from our Czech Republic contacts and this project would have been a lot different without them. Thanks to all these great people mentioned in the Readme.txt credits.
    The resource materials provided made the difference. Our Czech Republic relations were of great help to everyone. I thank them for giving us the ability to create the aircraft as we did.

Allow me to cast an understatement - in one word.

"Exquisite"

I've been following your efforts from the start, and want to thank everyone for their efforts. Beautifully done.

:ernae:
    --WH

I would also like to say a word of thanks to all involved. Absolutely fantastic. :ernae:

Top Flight!!!

Very, very nice aircraft. Both are smooth flyers and made-to-order for low altitude cruising. The models and textures are great, the FDE polished and the sound (!) Oh, yes, The Sound. I particularly like the landing gear animation; bounce it on landing and you'll see.

Congratulations to Milton, Nigel, Ol' Boy and the rest of the team. (Not sure who did the FDE, but kudos to them!)

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

SOH-CM-2024
    I can't say any more than what has already been said by many here- these models are top-notch creations in every respect! Hats off to everyone involved!

Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Very, very nice aircraft. Both are smooth flyers and made-to-order for low altitude cruising. The models and textures are great, the FDE polished and the sound (!) Oh, yes, The Sound. I particularly like the landing gear animation; bounce it on landing and you'll see.

Congratulations to Milton, Nigel, Ol' Boy and the rest of the team. (Not sure who did the FDE, but kudos to them!)

- H52
    Thanks for the kudos; greatly appreciated. The team did yeomens' duty throughout.

Oh, the "Shupester" did the flight model using Sparks' FDWB as the basis.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    I can't say any more than what has already been said by many here- these models are top-notch creations in every respect! Hats off to everyone involved!

Mike Z.

Hey Mike; thanks a bunch; hope you gets lots of pleasureable hours from the Avias.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just for starters...

Hey Mike; thanks a bunch; hope you gets lots of pleasureable hours from the Avias.

Everything that 'HE' said, only 'HE' says it better...I just write the darn newspapers around here.

Anyway guys, if you like your first samples of AVIAtion, this is just a taste of things to come...
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Aero

Hello Jozef :-)

Thanks for the request. I have 11-12 aircraft in progress and do not take requests. Hopefully something we have produced or are producing will satisfy some FS urge.
    Hello Milton. Thanks for the explanation. Yet I sent to Mr. John Smith, e-mail a good drawing, a few photos and a link to several web sites on the Aero 45-145 for at least interesting of which is a plane or in his or your archive if you ever thought about the future Aero create 45 to FSX.

Jozef

Thanks to all who made this plane! I just lost in time while i was watching how light plays on propeller blades when i changed pitch.

:salute: thanks all involved !! really nice ..unknown.. aircraft..!!

rgds
    t creed

Charter Member 2011
    Ambled over to Sumperk in the Czech Republic, bit chilly for my Avia 4.
    I know... cosset the passengers in a lovely tri-motor!

And lovely it is too very well done chaps, just a splendid play in the snow, and one for the scrapbook.

Flaps? who needs 'em. You switch off a couple of motors and pootle in at 94 kts.
    Also lets you do that Shupe "cut the fuel and feather the prop thing"
    It even taxies nicely with a singleton pulling.

LOL Glad you noticed
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here