Note I have a i2600K and a GTX580 both overclocked with a SSD and a hardrive and Matroxtriplehead2go with some Saitek panels.
1) Install using this method:
STOP once you get to "You are now ready to make your FSX.cfg edits and TUNE FSX" - ignore the rest.
2) Test it works. Maybe not great FPS but just that it works. Screen resolution same in game that it is on your PC.
3) If you have an NVIDIA card go here:
4) in Nvidia Inspector rather than 8SQ etc if you have a GTX580 only use "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12" (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330328-...s-worth-a-try/)
Why do this ? Answer = SMMOOOOOOOTHHH !
"Settings changes if you get blurries" attached file below.
5) Now to setup your FSX.cfg go here:
It will do it all for you.
6) Start FSX with unlimited frames and no outside frame limiter (this is because of using the Step 4 Nvidia setting otherwise you will need them)
7) Are you sick of switching through the views with the S key, and getting some distant tower view that makes the scenery around your aircraft turn all blurry, well this tweak removes the tower from the S key cycle - also makes scenery blurry in other views of your plane other than VC
8) Autogen tweak - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...r-cell-in-fsx/
9) For Matrox triplehead2go users at higher than 3840 resolutions eg 4320 or 5840 only - do not use WideViewAspect=true make it "false" instead. IF you do you 2D panels will give you the flashing cursor from hell and drag performance to nothing. If it is false you need not change any of A2A's 2D panels and a number of others....not all.
The downside of having a non-wide view is easily fixed by using this tool. Nothing to install. Simply run it in the background before starting fsx by double clicking it. Then reduce the two sliders until you get the wideness of view you want (make them the same - the 2 sliders). You can still adjust your view the normal way in FSX this just gives you more range to do so.
Using this tool you can reduce your view a bit which may improve performance.
10) For Matrox triplehead2go users with all resolutions - you still may need to change some planes 2D panels - for this the 6th post. Note IGNORE the A2A ones and maybe others if you have widescreenaspect=false....note Katana does need changing though.
11) SSD guide - to move Orbx scenery to your hardrive to save space
12) Improve your single Saitek Instrument panel to show many things !!
13) FSX crashing on menus? - Avsim have this fix. You download UIAutomationCore.dll and put it in the root FSX directory. Note that there are a few versions you can try as discussed on this page. It has been reported that 6.0.6001.18000 is very good for Windows 7. Links on this page take you to download it.
14) Possible fix for gd3.dll crashes. Works with either freeware or payware version. Simply install FSUIPC. Basically you can read the log file and be amazed how many times it would have crashed. The program has tons of other features which can be unlocked if you purchase or you wish to support the developer. Works in PNW area more than other locations.
FSUIPC - http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html