Cliffs of Dover for $12.49

Thread: Cliffs of Dover for $12.49

Cliffs of Dover for $12.49

Folks in the US appear to be able to take advantage of this sale:

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/il...liffs-of-dover

At this price I promise you will not regret the purchase it has become a really good sim and is constantly improved. I have had a blast with it.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Didnt take all that long for it to hit the bargin bin, but I still dont think its worth it. IL2 is still a better game!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Not that I've bought it, but UK customers are apparently being offered CloD for £8.75 on the same site. Bargain bin indeed!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Charter Member 2012
    Having bought a better pc i have reloaded COD and its still stutters even with the latest version yet I can now fly FSX with full settings :mixedsmi:

Nice find! This sale is not restricted to UK / US users. I bought it and download right now, and I'm from Germany.

Cheers,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, our sales are not region specific :salute:

Thanks
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Mark,

Yes, our sales are not region specific :salute:

Thanks
    Martyn
    While you are here Martyn, any plans to implement paypal as a payment option at your site for those of us that don't use plastic in the www?
    Mathias

Hi Mathias,

PayPal has been available as a payment option on Just Flight for a little while now: http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=2125

Its been available on our site (Get Games) since soon after its creation.

Thanks
    Martyn

I've just downloaded this and now got a 'steam' icon on my PC. I've clicked on it and created a steam account, but then ascreen comes up with an option to install some other game that I haven't got an interest in. So any one any idea how the frig I play the game that I've just bought and installed ?

I detest stupid marketing techniques on my PC...arrrggghhhhhhh

Any help appreciated

Am I skeptical or what? For the game to be selling at this low price so soon after release screams at me it is a dog and any support for the game will dry up PDQ.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I bought this game some months ago... have total 30 min play time.....all of it was spent tinkering with settings trying to get the game to display, and restarting the game after it crashed every five minutes.... Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have paid a single cent for this game. Even if you can run fsx at full settings, as I can, beware, it may not work, and when it does, it may not work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Didnt take all that long for it to hit the bargin bin, but I still dont think its worth it. IL2 is still a better game!
    I would have to agree.

There is a reason it is at that price and from what I have seen it represents it's value. I know a lot of people are now having no problems with it, but the one person I know who has it has a fairly good PC running Win7 and it still runs very bad for him. Shame really. My sample is very small I know but from other forums the sim still has a long way to go.

IL21946 took a long while to go on sale which shows how good it is.

Hope it gets better over time.

Regards MarkL

Overall, the game was pushed out too early, but considering Oleg spend a good portion of 5 years, I dont know how it wasent a finished game. Its not like they have a massive catalog of flyable aircraft!!!

There has been some support for it from Luthier, but Oleg seems to not be a big part of it anymore. There is still a LOT of support for IL2 with massive 3rd party aircraft for free, online massive servers with moving frontlines, and a collection of great aircraft. The GFX look a little dated vs todays standards, but the FM and combat are still top class. And thats NOT because I did a lot of the aircraft in IL2/1946!!! Its simply the best combat sim ever made, and COD cant hold a candle too it even after almost 10 years.

I think Oleg and his team spend way too much time on historically accurate license plates on tanks, and forgot they were making a FLIGHT sim.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

We have stuck this on sale for £8.99, so it may be worth a go if you were sitting on the fence before!

http://bit.ly/AdYC7Q

SOH-CM-2024
    Greetings-

I picked up Cliffs of Dover back in November when it was on sale for about the same price. With the state that game is in now, it's worth the sale price, but otherwise I'm not going to play it much until the long awaited 'patch' comes. The game has a LOT of potential, but currently you need a real 'hot rod' of a PC to get it to run decently, and even then it doesn't support anti-aliasing above 2x- be ready for lots of 'jaggies'. Some people have applied a third-party AA patch that was made for another game (Arma2, I think) with some success, but I haven't been able to make it work on my rig.
    Meanwhile, when the wires on my Tiger Moth quit looking like dotted lines, then I'll start running up some hours on this game... It will be a beautiful game once they fix it...

-Mike Z.

To bad its not for sale in North America.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    Overall, the game was pushed out too early, but considering Oleg spend a good portion of 5 years, I dont know how it wasent a finished game. Its not like they have a massive catalog of flyable aircraft!!!

There has been some support for it from Luthier, but Oleg seems to not be a big part of it anymore. There is still a LOT of support for IL2 with massive 3rd party aircraft for free, online massive servers with moving frontlines, and a collection of great aircraft. The GFX look a little dated vs todays standards, but the FM and combat are still top class. And thats NOT because I did a lot of the aircraft in IL2/1946!!! Its simply the best combat sim ever made, and COD cant hold a candle too it even after almost 10 years.

I think Oleg and his team spend way too much time on historically accurate license plates on tanks, and forgot they were making a FLIGHT sim.
    Oleg apparently left the project early on...Luthier (Ilya Schevchenko) ran CloD - even SAQson left CloD to develop RoF early on (if he ever worked on it at all)
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube