(NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: (NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

Ega,

I lot of items have been modified with the update, but I don't use Vonstroheim's great 2D simply because I don't use 2D enough period, so he would have to answer that question.

AusWilko,

I (and hopefully others) are here to help with any questions you may have, so ask away whenever you're ready to learn.

I have my own subsection of an Aviation forum here, where I've just started helping others learn the aircraft:
    http://www.aviationcafe.co.uk/Index/viewforum.php?f=59
    (requires free registration)
    Is part of this larger forum:
    http://www.aviationcafe.co.uk/Index/

A neat feature of this update is that it brings back the crew callouts just like the FS2004 had. (The first FSX beta has a few, but this appears to have most of the others.)
    They're speaking Russian, but still...adds a bit to the atmosphere.

Another note: The model comes prepared for RealityXP GNS430 GPS implementation, but if you don't own it, the GPS area in the VC is blank, and there obviously won't be a 2D popup (with Shift+6 I think).
    I put the Friendly Panels KLN90 payware GPS in mine, and it works like a treat.
    Beyond that, you may want to try to input the GNS430 from one of the Premier Aircraft Design planes, such as the Robin.
    robin_3x2.zip @Flightsim.com

EDIT: Since this is now on a new page....

The reason for talking about this again is because there is a new update available for this aircraft from Project Tupolev. See my post near the bottom of the previous page (page 5)!

This is a FREEWARE aircraft, and is a systems simulation of the Tupolev Tu-154B-2 jetliner.

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post
    A question: does Vonstroheim wide panel files work with this update?
    Kirill told me he'll include the wide panel in a future release with a few modifications. Nice! Let's wait and see... I didn't try my wide panel with this patch yet... Too busy these days sorry...

Updating this yet again with some new information:

English Crew Voices:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12184

You'll see that the file set mentioned dates back to the FS2004 era of the Tu-154B2 model, but as of yesterday, we found out that this English crew voice addon apparently works fine in the FSX version.
    This may assist anyone learning the plane. The latest Tu-154 update/patch should install FSSound.dll to FSX, but the user still has to manually add the [Oldmodules] entry to the FSX.cfg file.
    With proper installation though, you should get an abundance of crew sounds, including notification of what the engines are doing, gear and flaps positions, V speeds, rotation speed, altitude callouts on landing, etc, etc.

And, for some unfortunate news that I do not agree with at all, it looks like Kirill wants to limit things even further for the next release by only allowing users to use the payware RXP GNS430 as the GPS in the future models. Currently, the plane works with a multitude of GPSs (including those that use default logic). I guess in the future, users that want to use the 1990's-era panel version will have to shell out extra money so they have a GPS.
    Again, I don't agree with this at all, and hopefully someone will find a workaround when we reach that point.

The thread:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12394
    The quote (bottom of page):
    "next release will fly only from RXP. no others gps's allowed."

I just looked at the RealityXP website, and the gauge is US$50. Ouch!

No word yet on the Project Tupolev/Kirill "Ilyushin Il-62" that was mentioned a while ago, but I'm sure that'll be fun once it's out. Already preparing for the "it's a Russian copy of the VC-10" arguments!

Hi there, thanks for the update. Any idea if the english crew voices are uploaded somewhere?
    Thanks!
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    The thread:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12394
    The quote (bottom of page):
    "next release will fly only from RXP. no others gps's allowed."

I just looked at the RealityXP website, and the gauge is US$50. Ouch!
    Isn't that the one he admits to pirating.......
    Matt

Yep, that's what upsets me about his decision even more...

That's a rar file of 7kb with one file, that can't be it? Or can it?
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    That's a rar file of 7kb with one file, that can't be it? Or can it?
    Oops, yeah, didn't check that.

It's here:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9008

Walters English soundset:
    http://5gb.net/7sd3rwva18ix

It says its for the "M" but it's the only English voice set I can find, and it makes sense with the poster's name in question: "Walter". Also, I'm guessing since they're just sounds, they work.
    I haven't tried it because I prefer the Russian voices.

I hope someone questions Kirill on the future GPS decision. It makes absolutely zero sense to me to limit things to such an extent, especially when he admitted to having an "illegal copy".
    He has been a key, instrumental part in bringing the 154 to FSX, and without him, we likely would not see this aircraft, but his actions and attitude on this leave something to be desired....
    This is a new one for me....a developer that has openly pirated other software. Don't know what the options are here. If there is a way to punish him, that would probably be for the best, but that would also likely limit or eliminate the possibility that he will continue introducing new, excellent freeware Russian aircraft for FSX. So...either eliminate the pirate and possibly cause the elimination/severe reduction of Russian aviation in FS for the long term....or do nothing.

Thoughts?

P.S. I think the right thing to do, is to attempt to do something about the open piracy instance that was mentioned. Yes, that would really damage the Russian aviation niche hobby within this FS hobby, but I don't know how else to deal with it if people even want to deal with it.
    Also, I'm not implicating Project Tupolev in any piracy. As far as I'm concerned based on the distinction that the team has made, Kirill and PT are separate entities. (The releases state that they are with Kirill's assistance so far).
    Acting on this may elminate future Tu-154 iterations, and may eliminate the possibility of us seeing an Il-62. I'm sure many wouldn't care at all because it's niche Russian aviation, but still....

The Tu-154 series of addons have been my favorite for a number of years now, but there are a lot of aspects that have cropped up within the past few days that I really don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    ...that would also likely limit or eliminate the possibility that he will continue introducing new, excellent freeware Russian aircraft for FSX...
    I'm waiting with great expectations for Kirill's FSX version of the PT Il-62, and other Tu-154 updates. I would really be a pity to lose a talented freeware developper. Yes he took shorcuts with this GPS thing. Panel design is difficult and he choose the easy way on this topic... shame... but no big deal, considering his multiple other achievements...

But yes we should try to convince him to keep his 90's panel open to all GPS options...

A slight update on the GPS exclusivity issue.
    Kirill is still only going to cater to the RealityXP GNS430.
    In this sense, this will be the only GPS that one can couple to the autopilot.
    However, he now states that other GPS units can be implemented for reference, but they will not be able to be connected to the autopilot of the Tu-154.

This links to page 2, but later in page 1 is where a couple of posters bring up the exclusivity issue, and Kirill insists it's basically his way only:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewt...r=asc&start=15

"You can use any GPS's, It will be visible, and you can use it's screen as reference, but Autopilot will link to signals only if RXP is loaded.

This will be in beta-3 and all next versions."

LOL russians and limiting piracy is almost trying to limit weapon sales in the US...

Oops no politics here...
    Anneke