(NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: (NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

(NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We now have a fully FSX-Native, brand new Tu-154b2 addon for the simulator.
    Freeware.

It is a systems simulation (except for pressurization system) of the Tupolev Tu-154b2 airplane, created by Project Tupolev and Kirill Konovalov.

It features a fully clickable VC (including flight engineer panel except for Pressurization systems) that requires using the "A" key to switch views internally in order to access various areas....in order to start up the plane.

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12372

DIRECT LINK:
    http://files.protu-154.net/pt-154b2_fsx.html

This may be worth a sticky if it's not too much to ask for. (EDIT: Thanks!)

This aircraft requires reading the flight manual.
    After installation, your manual is located in the following:

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Project Tupolev\documents FS9\pttu154_94eng.pdf

The manual is from the 2004 version, but everything applies.

REPAINTERS: On that direct link, you'll see that an HD repaint kit is available!

Oh dear, unless you have a good week of ground-school (and speak Russian), I doubt if you can even get it started. Sometimes 'As real as it gets' is a little too real for me.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Oh dear, unless you have a good week of ground-school (and speak Russian), I doubt if you can even get it started. Sometimes 'As real as it gets' is a little too real for me.
    Ah, I don't speak a word of Russian, but the Tu has always been a favorite sim of mine.
    Give me a couple days to get back up to speed with the b2 and any differences this FSX model has, and then I'll happily help you and anyone else master this thing!

Downloading them 153+84 MB files just now.
    It seems new life has come in FSX.
    Now we need some good FSX Russian sceneries.

A few details so far:

1. I need to dig out my flight manual because I got up to engine start but it wouldn't kick over, so I think I missed a step. (Thought I could go by memory for the full thing, haha).

2. A few switches on the overhead panel in the VC cannot be flipped and are already in their proper positions. (I actually need to double check this, because they may work on the 2d panel version of the overhead, which is one of the Shift+# keys).

3. I couldn't set the fuel total gauge on the engineer's VC panel.(And no-one here will know what I'm taking about anyway...)
    The knob rotates, but it was fighting back. Switched to the 2D engineer panel view and it set fine. (Views, Instrument Panel, then Overhead, or whatever the wording is on the collapsible menu bar on top in FSX.)

4. There is a Joystick utility gauge just like in the FS2004 models. I haven't set mine yet. When you read the FS2004 versions manual, you'll know what I'm taking about. Access it through the window options in the FSX menu bar on top while in game.

5. As indicated, there are actually 2D panels for everything, including the engineer panel. Some (like the engineer panel) are not accessible by the Shift keys though, and must go through the menu bar view commands.

To be continued....

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I also recommend downloading the original FS2004 Tu-154b2 in order to get the flight manual for it so you can learn how to operate and fly this aircraft.
    In it's the download, in the Project Tupolev/Documents FS9/pttu154_94eng.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenL View Post
    In it's the download, in the Project Tupolev/Documents FS9/pttu154_94eng.pdf

Oh cool! Didn't expect that.

Nice find, Sean! This is a great plane to fly (once you figure out the start up procedure lol)

Looks good, the Russian thing throws me big time, what would be cool is the panels have english sticky labels on them as if someone has come along with a label maker and stuck them on as a quick guide for a new English speaking pilot flying for them
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Blog Entries
    A few details so far:

5. As indicated, there are actually 2D panels for everything, including the engineer panel. Some (like the engineer panel) are not accessible by the Shift keys though, and must go through the menu bar view commands.

To be continued....
    Which are also in russian.. Very frustrating

Seeing as i dont have time to learn russian, nor do i have time to try and memorize yet one more overly complex aircraft startup procedure I'd simply be realllll happy if someone could figure out how to defeat the mandatory cold start on this plane.. Otherwise its just a pretty piece of crap wasting hard disk space..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post

Seeing as i dont have time to learn russian, nor do i have time to try and memorize yet one more overly complex aircraft startup procedure I'd simply be realllll happy if someone could figure out how to defeat the mandatory cold start on this plane.. Otherwise its just a pretty piece of crap wasting hard disk space..
    Of all people Pam, I really can't believe you just said that.

That's waaaay over the mark!

How would you feel about someone calling the P61 a "piece of crap"?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I understand completely! This is one of those hard-core, sink or swim addons that are definately not for everyone.
    I don't know of an easy way to simplify things with this one unfortunately. It's designed to be intense. The most I can do is offer assistance with it or simply suggest that you pass on this addon.

For those that are interested in learning it, reading the manual is the best bet, and I'll gladly take questions at this point. (Except RSBN navigation. I never bothere with it and it's not worth learning in my case, so dont ask about that!) I still need to get myself back up to speed on the startup, but I know what everything does and standard flight profiles, so I can help with cockpit familiarization and suggested flight regimes at this point.

Hopefully our painters will dive into this one!

Edit: I don't think Pam's "crap" comment was meant that way. I interpreted as basically more or less that the addon would be worthless to some due to not wanting to learn it. I don't think it was mean to be disparaging...

Blog Entries

Edit: I don't think Pam's "crap" comment was meant that way. I interpreted as basically more or less that the addon would be worthless to some due to not wanting to learn it. I don't think it was mean to be disparaging...
    Exactly.. Its frustrating, Unusable by me, a pain in the behind and otherwise infuriating ( for reasons including i'm too stupid to be able to understand russian without ever having gone to school for ity ). But its freeware. I'd rather not have to delete it, but if Project tupelov isnt going to cater to those of us who dont have a whole lottas time then, it doesnt belong on my computer..
    Pam

Exactly.. Its frustrating, Unusable by me, a pain in the behind and otherwise infuriating ( for reasons including i'm too stupid to be able to understand russian without ever having gone to school for ity ). But its freeware. I'd rather not have to delete it, but if Project tupelov isnt going to cater to those of us who dont have a whole lottas time then, it doesnt belong on my computer..
    Pam
    I agree with you there, got all excited, then the excitement turned in to a new level never seen before of cursing trying to start it

On a slightly related note, from the crappy translation services provided by Google, I saw that the relevant 154 thread at Avsimrus has the worlds "Project Tupolev", "IL-62", and "VC" strung together in an interesting way.
    That one will be a ways off (and a whole new learning curve for me!) but just know that it looks like this is the start of a series of high quality Russian airliners for free!

Sean....back to the flight manual. I'm having some weird issues getting all three engines running at once but I think it's just operator error on my part. In the "M" a critical part of that involves the pressurization system, but it's not sim'ed in this version so I need to see what I'm missing. Not quite used to going back to the old B2 yet.

Also note that this is a beta and there will be improvements.

Also note that this is a beta and there will be improvements.
    hopefully an auto start

In the future it would be greatly appreciated if you state up front that something is a beta release. The way this got put out here everybody was under the impression that it was a finished product, and we had a few "issues". :salute:
    Regards,
    Robert

It's a fully functioning aircraft.

The only reason that it's a beta is that they want to add additional VC functionality instead of having to access the 2D windows for some aspects of the overhead panel. It's like those perpetually continued projects.
    The only big issues I see are that it's a highly complex aircraft and people aren't used to that. It's still a fully functional systems simulation at this point barring the pressurazation system which was never present in the b2 model in FS2004 either, and is a non-factor until they convert the simulation of the "M".
    My apologies for not specifying that it is a "beta", but with this specific addon, that fact is irrelevant due to the level of completion that it is currently at. The continued improvements are said to be primarily in the eye-candy department beyond any minor bugs that they encounter.

I'm curious as to what other "issues" you are seeing beyond the learning curve, unless you were contacted privately about them.
    This'll probably be off the front page by tomorrow anyway considering it's an aircraft of this nature.
    As expected, once this crowd saw that it wasn't a get up and go affair, they lost interest anyway.

On a different note, other than FSX crashing after I taxied to line up for the runway (unrelated to the addon, my FSX just fights back sometimes), it starts up fine from the VC for those interested. Note that some switches for the overhead panel need to be accessed using the Shift+key popup window after startup, but other than that, it's a VC flyer!

@Jeansy, I would be extremely surprised if they include an autostart feature. The PT team has not in the past, and due to the coding involved, I doubt that they could implement it even if they wanted to. Sorry....

This looks like an amazing aircraft -- much thanks to the developers who did so much work on this incredible machine. Don't worry about over-complexity -- many of us love complexity and realism (the same people who love accusim), and we'll love this aircraft. I'm looking forward to sitting down and learning it in and out.

Keep up the good work,

Chris

Downloaded but still not installed.
    I confirm this the most difficult aircraft i had in FS9.
    It took me a whole week to understand how it wrked.
    But, when, very frustrated, at the end i got and heard its engines running and i took off for a touch&go in Murmansk...aaaahhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!
    Buried in my heart.

here there are some videos i took with FS9.

and unlike it's FS2004 sibling it's very light on the frames.
    I love it. A welcome change to all the Cessna's , Boeings and P-51's. Although some english labels would help

BTW unstickied already?
    Anneke

Blog Entries
    And she looks purty once in the air

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    This looks like an amazing aircraft -- much thanks to the developers who did so much work on this incredible machine. Don't worry about over-complexity -- many of us love complexity and realism (the same people who love accusim), and we'll love this aircraft. I'm looking forward to sitting down and learning it in and out.

Keep up the good work,

Chris
    I agree Chris I relish the challenge!:salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Wow, my favourite FS9 airplane coming to FSX, can't wait untill I get back from work. I've lost hope that I'll see it in FSX long time ago.

I understand that this airplane is not for everyone. It has a steep learning curve, it operates very differently compared to western jets. I also understand that people can have different tastes and an oldtimer from Russia may not be very appealing to everyone. But if you really can't live without autostart, then better walk away at this point and spend time flying one of the pretty warbirds without any in-depth systems simulation. You won't be able to fly this one properly without some reading and configuration.

BTW unstickied already?
    Probably unsticked because it doesn't have autostart, lol.
    Mike

For those who've mastered the start-up procedure perhaps one of you would be prepared to give us a blow by blow procedure in English?

Thanks in advance,

Roger
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine