(NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

Thread: (NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

Hybrid View

(NEW) Project Tupolev Tu-154b2 - FSX-Native (freeware)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We now have a fully FSX-Native, brand new Tu-154b2 addon for the simulator.
    Freeware.

It is a systems simulation (except for pressurization system) of the Tupolev Tu-154b2 airplane, created by Project Tupolev and Kirill Konovalov.

It features a fully clickable VC (including flight engineer panel except for Pressurization systems) that requires using the "A" key to switch views internally in order to access various areas....in order to start up the plane.

http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12372

DIRECT LINK:
    http://files.protu-154.net/pt-154b2_fsx.html

This may be worth a sticky if it's not too much to ask for. (EDIT: Thanks!)

This aircraft requires reading the flight manual.
    After installation, your manual is located in the following:

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Project Tupolev\documents FS9\pttu154_94eng.pdf

The manual is from the 2004 version, but everything applies.

REPAINTERS: On that direct link, you'll see that an HD repaint kit is available!

Oh dear, unless you have a good week of ground-school (and speak Russian), I doubt if you can even get it started. Sometimes 'As real as it gets' is a little too real for me.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Oh dear, unless you have a good week of ground-school (and speak Russian), I doubt if you can even get it started. Sometimes 'As real as it gets' is a little too real for me.
    Ah, I don't speak a word of Russian, but the Tu has always been a favorite sim of mine.
    Give me a couple days to get back up to speed with the b2 and any differences this FSX model has, and then I'll happily help you and anyone else master this thing!

Downloading them 153+84 MB files just now.
    It seems new life has come in FSX.
    Now we need some good FSX Russian sceneries.

A few details so far:

1. I need to dig out my flight manual because I got up to engine start but it wouldn't kick over, so I think I missed a step. (Thought I could go by memory for the full thing, haha).

2. A few switches on the overhead panel in the VC cannot be flipped and are already in their proper positions. (I actually need to double check this, because they may work on the 2d panel version of the overhead, which is one of the Shift+# keys).

3. I couldn't set the fuel total gauge on the engineer's VC panel.(And no-one here will know what I'm taking about anyway...)
    The knob rotates, but it was fighting back. Switched to the 2D engineer panel view and it set fine. (Views, Instrument Panel, then Overhead, or whatever the wording is on the collapsible menu bar on top in FSX.)

4. There is a Joystick utility gauge just like in the FS2004 models. I haven't set mine yet. When you read the FS2004 versions manual, you'll know what I'm taking about. Access it through the window options in the FSX menu bar on top while in game.

5. As indicated, there are actually 2D panels for everything, including the engineer panel. Some (like the engineer panel) are not accessible by the Shift keys though, and must go through the menu bar view commands.

To be continued....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    A few details so far:

5. As indicated, there are actually 2D panels for everything, including the engineer panel. Some (like the engineer panel) are not accessible by the Shift keys though, and must go through the menu bar view commands.

To be continued....
    Which are also in russian.. Very frustrating

Seeing as i dont have time to learn russian, nor do i have time to try and memorize yet one more overly complex aircraft startup procedure I'd simply be realllll happy if someone could figure out how to defeat the mandatory cold start on this plane.. Otherwise its just a pretty piece of crap wasting hard disk space..

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I also recommend downloading the original FS2004 Tu-154b2 in order to get the flight manual for it so you can learn how to operate and fly this aircraft.
    In it's the download, in the Project Tupolev/Documents FS9/pttu154_94eng.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenL View Post
    In it's the download, in the Project Tupolev/Documents FS9/pttu154_94eng.pdf

Oh cool! Didn't expect that.

Nice find, Sean! This is a great plane to fly (once you figure out the start up procedure lol)

Looks good, the Russian thing throws me big time, what would be cool is the panels have english sticky labels on them as if someone has come along with a label maker and stuck them on as a quick guide for a new English speaking pilot flying for them
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day