NEWS!! From CarenadoPA-46 Malibu Photos Direct from Carenado!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWS!! From CarenadoPA-46 Malibu Photos Direct from Carenado!

NEWS!! From CarenadoPA-46 Malibu Photos Direct from Carenado!

New Photos of the PA-46 from Carenado Facebook page

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Charter Member 2012
    wow!

That gal has got quite a schnoz on her. Can't wait to see what the innards look like!

Uuuuhhhh yyeah!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

They had to mount that turbine so far forward for CG purposes with apparently little thought for how the plane would look - UGLY.

No longer active
    But that schnoz makes her climb with 2500fpm at MTOW with the -21 engine

I don't find it to be ugly at all... :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    They had to mount that turbine so far forward for CG purposes with apparently little thought for how the plane would look - UGLY.
    Ugly? I think its a beauty, with its long nose it's very smart!

Beauty!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2012
    Its a great aircraft. Had a chance to fly one (only as P2) when working for a piper distributor - amazing performance.

New pictures from the 2th January of Malibu model!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php#

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Can't wait for this one!
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

The Carenado model is beautiful, but as for the aircraft itself, I'd say it falls on the ugly side.

There is no competition for this aircraft. It's the smallest turbine out there, 4-6 place, that I know of. Too cool!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    There is no competition for this aircraft. It's the smallest turbine out there, 4-6 place, that I know of. Too cool!
    Dont forget about TBM Socata. Near same type. I had very good free French model for FS9 too.

Socata:

Malibu:

Btw. Model of Malibu looks like finished. VC & outside. This week ?

People may find it interesting to compare the performance and cost per hour of the Piper, PC-12 and Socata. I know the one I would own IRL if I had the money.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Price difference of 1.5-2 mil for the Socata!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Also, don't forget the Epic LT/Dynasty. It's the best looking of the bunch. Too bad they're out of business. But you can still fly Lionheart's, if you want. Bill did a great job on it and there's lots of repaints.

Joe

When looking at cost comparisons with aircraft in this category, as with business jets but unlike pricing a car or vacation cost, the up front cost is often the least relevant consideration. The acquisition cost gets depreciated over the life of the "asset" and there is a residual value you get back when you sell it. Much sought after aircraft will depreciate more slowly and allow you get more of your bait back on re-sale vs. over abundant aircraft or those with a bad rep or image. The operating costs are the real focus, e.g. depreciation plus fuel, hangar, insurance, pilot salary, scheduled maintenance, etc. on a per hour/monthly/yearly running cost basis. Short hand fully loaded costs for chartered business jets run about $3,500 + per hour. Costing ownership of a C172 or PA 28 shared with two friends can and should be analyzed on the same basis and of course is a fraction of the $3,500 figure.

Then comes the more subjective part - what unique or comparably valuable or useful features does a plane have vs its competitors. My dream GA owner-pilot plane probably would probably be a Super King Air B200 or a Pilatus PC-12. Notably, cost of fuel for 2 x PT6 engines, not to mention major/hot section overhaul, not surpisingly doubles many of the cost variable for the King Air vs the PC-12 yet they have similar performance and cabin space. Counter that with the age old debate about twin vs single engine failure on takeoff scenarios. Interestingly, another of my dream plane contenders, the Twin Turbo Commander 1000 (with -T mod Garrett engines) boasts better fuel per hour consumption cost than all of the single engine PT6 planes, with the exception only of the Meridian.

http://www.twincommander.com/performance.html
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

It looks like the Malibu is getting very close to release. The product page is up, but it doesn't have a link to it yet on the main site. Plus it still says $10,000...

By the sound of their facebook they're probably releasing tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    It looks like the Malibu is getting very close to release. The product page is up, but it doesn't have a link to it yet on the main site. Plus it still says $10,000...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post

how do you get to the product page. I cant figure out what it would be.

I hope someone picks it up quickly. I have been putting off purchasing the rv-8 to see how this one looks when released.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    how do you get to the product page. I cant figure out what it would be.
    Just got to know a little about HTML and Javascript. There might be an easier way, but it isn't as easy as simply changing the URL in your browser anymore since they went to their new site... :mixedsmi:

Here's the download link to the gallery of screenies. They're quite good. http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...ad/PI1300X.zip

Can smell the kerosene...
    Chad (PAAQ)

Still UGLY!! LOL

Members who have read this thread: 0