yup, that would be a big moment for sure.
here's a tidbit from the ad2k help file;
AFX files and 3DM files are not fully compatible. The importation of data from an AFX file may fail or the data imported may be incomplete.
AFX files are composed of :
All of them are sorted out into groups. The following rules are applied during the import process :
· each structure is stored into a dedicated sub-assy,
· the structures are transformed into templates,
· you can use the same template class for several structures,
· each component is stored into a dedicated sub-assy,
· there are a few generic sub-assies in which are stored the independent parts (one sub-assy per group),
· the footprint, the glues and other special parts are not imported, nor the texture files.
i especially like the part about
structures being transformed to templates.
that could come in real handy.
unfortunately, there is no mention of importing conditional jumps.
this does not mean that it can't be done.
i just don't know how to do it.
heck, it might even be within ad2k.
i just haven't found it yet.
to be honest, i haven't looked awfully hard.
i've been kind busy lately.
as far as i know, only one side of a polygon
can be painted in ad2k.
ad2k offers interior/exterior or fore/aft options
when covering templates, depending on the axis.
for example, when i do the cockpit interior,
i will cover my bulkhead templates again,
but this time, i'll select the interior option.