Russian Airliners? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Russian Airliners?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid2008 View Post
    Did you notice that on Simviation today the FSX IL-18 with vc is avialable?
    Does this airplane require the "russian configuration" of the joystick or will a normal joystick will allow flight?\
    Sid
    Hmmm!

Downloading now. I don't trust SimV downloads usually because half the time they are unauthorized uploads, but I'll check this out. I have a feeling that this is an unauthorized port of a 2004 model I already know about, but I'll see how it is, and what functionality it has.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sean.

There are times when I see how much OT rubbish some people have been posting on SOH lately that I want to just leave the forum. It's posts like this that remind me there are indeed folks here who are here for the right reasons, and who actually have something meaningful to contribute. In yours and VS's case, that's a very great deal to contribute in the Russian aircraft sphere. So thanks.

Appreciated the links - my preference flying Russian is Soviet - not a political statement, just adds to the mystique. So after scrolling a few pages, I found a couple of nice schemes by Arhangel. Sweet!

Even more exciting that it looks like the glass in the A model's nose can be seen as glass, and that the other windows are ok. Will review the notes and manuals further. Maybe editting out the smoke in the aircraft.cfg might get rid of, if not reposition the smoke. On my slow pc, I fly sans smoke on most planes - most smoke effects hit my fps. Will dig into that one in a few days.

Can't wait to return to my flight pc in a few days - will try this one for sure!

Thanks again,

DL

Tried the Il-18 on SimV.
    It's an unauthorized, not working file that crashed my sim.

1) Crashed my sim when installing it properly. Runtime error with copilot sounds portion.
    2) Removed the copilot sounds folder...got the plane to load, but as soon as I started to try to access some guages, the sim crashed again. Not FSX native, and NOT fully functional.

I'll be reporting this to SimV...if they even do anything about it.

Tupolev update

Nothing new on the russian front... yet... except a nice recent Aeroflot repaint by Roman Devyaterikov for the FSX Project Tupolev Tu-154B-2 (thanks Sean for the tip: 44442-Aeroflot-TU154b2.zip @ avsimrus)... and mostly to check if this old thread can be reactivated...

I'm playing with the new Tu-144 v3.5 by Nikita Konstantinov and Mikhail Mitin. (44272-Setup-Tu-144D.zip @ avsimrus). Nikita, the talented Tu-144 designer, have a hard time finding and fixing a nasty bug. In the meantime, to fly it, I've disabled everything except the virtual cockpit (sorry Sean), and attached some cool effects: custom smoke and afterburner, and the sonic boom control by Rob Barendregt (rcbco-30.zip @ avsim). Why don't you try it too? Attachment 64128 Attachment 64129

These afterburner effect files are from the FS9 Dassault Mirage IV P by Roland Laborie (mirage4fs.com).

Just passing Mach 1 over the water...

Igor Suprunov, sad news

Just found a terrible news on the avsim russian forum (to be confirmed) : Igor Suprunov died in a glider accident. Yes Igor from Suprunov Design, the Yak-40 designer... He flew A320s for a living in Russia. My condoleances to his family and friends.

Source: http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/1250...igor-suprunov/
    Translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...or-suprunov%2F

Images courtesy flightsim: http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/yak40.htm

Oh jeez....my condolences. He was an excellent designer, and in FS2004 days, that Yak-40 got a lot of use from me. I know that his flight sim developments were truly loved at least in the Russian community. He will be sorely missed.

Blog Entries
    My deepest sympathy to Mr. Suprunov's family. May he rest in peace.

Ok this is not a Tupolev... but... Nice Ukrainian repaint by Abdullah Rahman for the SkySpirit 767-300 recently converted to native FSX by Hiroshi Igami.
    Use OSX763ERV5_PW4000--BWL.MDL from Hiroshi web site.
    Or use this complete Varig package by Fabio Cabral from Flightsim as a starting point, to make it easier to build a complete aircraft (PW engines, 737 vc included):

Wonderful russian panel designer here (DZIES design): http://www.dzies.ru/

Check out this Il-18 cockpit! Seems to work fine in FSX... It's intended for the 2D FS9 version, but I suppose it'll work just as fine in the VC version of the Edgar Guinart Il-18. Will try and report.

In this VC view there is no gauges at all, only static images... but who cares? it's so beautiful... Will try to fill the voids with the DZIES gauges... But this is going to takes ages...

Source: http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/1048...edgar-guinart/
    (my Russian is not improving at all, google translate helps!)

Il-18 by Edgar Guinart with VC: 34726-Il-18.zip @ avsimrus

Charter Member 2015
    More Russian native FSX a/c inbound... a bunch of Antonov's from Samdim!!!!

Gentlemen,

this package was not addressed to western public. Our primary goal was to join together all the latest changes of the panel and FDE accumulated during 5 years since the last model was released. This is why we only uploaded this package to russian site. We supplied this package with only exterior models for a simple reason that the VC has never been done. We are not planning to do one, however with the FSX version that we'll make in the close future, there will be a possibility to add a third-party virtual cockpit. At this time, at least one renowed developer manifested his intention to create one.
    We will go West when we'll have the complete package ready : exteriors and VC for FSX, new gauges (80% completed), new everything...

As for the An-32, the visual model was lost. However, there is no panel, no FDE and no sounds for the An-32, so there is no rush to recover the model.

Dimitri
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-26-and-An-30
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Excellent news, Kilo Delta!
    As someone who no longer visits the FS2004 forum, I had completely missed this announcement!
    Looking forward to seeing an FSX-native AN-24 with VC in the future, especially as a high fidelity simulation!

Spotted a nice Ilyushin Il-76 while in Pulkovo last month (St Peterburg, Russia).

Hi Sean, what's up on the FSX russian front?

Very nice! Any other photos of aircraft that you saw? I imagine/hope that you saw more than just a single Il-76!

As far as FSX Russian/Eastern aircraft news goes....

IRIS is making a Yak-130 trainer.
    Nemeth Designs announced that an Mi-24 Hind is on their active development list.
    No news and/or all quiet everywhere else.

As far as non-development news goes...
    The forum where I had my Russian Flight School folded, so as of right now I don't have one.
    I was developing an independent one with a dedicated website, but I don't really think that it would be worth my time at this point, so that's on hold and probably cancelled unless a lot of interest in these aircraft develop independently, and I see that I could be of some use.

Haven't even had time to use FS in the past couple of weeks so I'll hopefully be able to take the 154 up for a few flights in the coming days. I'll probably try to use the Sim-Outhouse server and do an announcement beforehand if anyone wants to fly along.

If Dimitri from Samdim and anyone else in the addon development world is able to chime in with their progress, please let us know what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Nemeth Designs announced that an Mi-24 Hind is on their active development list.
    How did I miss that announcement? I'm not one for rotorcraft in FSX, DCS has spoilt me with its flight model, but in the total absence of a decent Krokodil elsewhere, I may just have to give in to this one.

Just an advisory that the website where I originally hosted my "training center" is back in action, and other than being busy coming up in early September, I'm generally ready to help those interested in learning such aircraft as the Tupolev Tu-154, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21MF, and others!

Direct link:
    http://aviationcafe.co.uk/Index/viewforum.php?f=59

Main Forum:
    http://aviationcafe.co.uk/Index/index.php

In other news, Aerosoft seems to still be working on their Antonov An-2, hopefully for release late this year. Additionally, Project Tupolev continues work on their Ilyushin Il-62, hopefully for release late this year as well (freeware).
    I do not have info on any other Russian/Eastern Bloc developments at this time. Hopefully IRIS or the Nemeth team can chime in with their progress.

Due to the complexity of these aircraft, I decided to pass on the Tu-154 in favor of the slower and longer-ranged Il-62. Eagerly awaiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    In other news, Aerosoft seems to still be working on their Antonov An-2, hopefully for release late this year. Additionally, Project Tupolev continues work on their Ilyushin Il-62, hopefully for release late this year as well (freeware).
    Looking forward to these.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Updates:

Update (now version 1.1) for the Project Tupolev Tu-154 near the bottom of the page here:
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0
    I haven't tried it yet but plan to tomorrow sometime.

Aerosoft An-2 exterior modelling previews near the bottom of the page here:
    http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...2/page__st__80

That's all the info I have right now.

Hi Folks!

Project Tupolev changed his site domain.
    Now you can find the same web and forums (you can login with your user and password as usual) in:
    www.protu-154.org