Russian Airliners?

Thread: Russian Airliners?

Hybrid View

Russian Airliners?

Does anyone know of any Russian/"Eastern Bloc" airliner types available for FSX? Looking for FSX-native with good VC and at least semi-realistic systems.

Examples (also in order of my priority wishlist...haha!):
    Tu-154 (preferably M model)
    Tu-134
    An-24
    Yak-42
    etc, etc.

I am already aware of the following:

T. Ruth...An-124 + 225 (cargo types...very nice, but looking for airliners)
    K. Konovalov....Il-86 (lacking English manual...and I'm at a loss for operational guidance.)
    T. Conrad....An-32 (a bright spot in the absence of aircraft of this type!)

I used Project Tupolev's Tu-154M, and SCS's Tu-134 series very extensively in FS2004, and I miss the complex and unique operation of those models in FSX.

I perhaps performed a major "faux pas", and actually queried Mr. Ruth by email a few days ago, both praising his recent 727 and asking if he would be willing to produce a Tu-154M (and I am willing to lend as much reference and testing assistance as practical), but have not heard a response, which may be expected by that sort of email.

Again, if anyone knows of FSX native, or FULLY compatible (visuals and systems) ports of any of the above Russian/"Eastern" aircraft, with full VC, please post here.

Thank you for your assistance,

-Sean :salute:

P.S. I would additionally appreciate any knowledge of forthcoming aircraft under this category that are currently being produced. Freeware or payware.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Piglet's AN32

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Thank you, but I have already performed a search at that website. Other than coming up with the Il-86 as I already mentioned, no other files listed that I could see fit my requirements outlined above.

Additionally, before people start selecting certain files on that website, there are a few that mention FSX compatibility, but they are often stripped quite substantially of their functionality in order to achieve that, sometimes only leaving the plane's shell/vc, and with minimal gauges.

I have attempted to perform a very thorough search of all FS file repositories, both major and minor, prior to asking this question. I just wish to establish that I did not miss some out of the way location, as well as ensure that I am up to date on any news of aircraft of the type being in development.

I imagine that Russian (and the similar) aviation is probably not very popular in the FS community, perhaps due to a combination of prejudices, learning curves, and developer system strength (FSX is still difficult to handle for many).

Hopefully we'll see more of the types I outlined in the original post in the future for FSX or MSFlight!

Thanks.

EDIT: Apologies, forgot to mention that I am indeed aware of Mr. Conrad's amazing and excellent An-32! Thanks for the note, though!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I perhaps performed a major "faux pas", and actually queried Mr. Ruth by email a few days ago, both praising his recent 727 and asking if he would be willing to produce a Tu-154M (and I am willing to lend as much reference and testing assistance as practical), but have not heard a response, which may be expected by that sort of email.
    Tom clearly stated at one point that he does whatever *he* wants to do, so requesting anything from him is more than pointless.

The last aircraft he was working on was his old FS9 Tu-144. But he kind of got stuck and did a DUS scenery instead.

If you want more russian airliners, well...DIY or wait.

Sorry I can't help you, but I agree with you Tu-154M for FS2004 has been one of my favorites and I still miss it. For real aviators only. And, Project Tolmachevo sceneries, wonderful places to go with it.
    I made these videos for FS2004

Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1OJ0nozRPc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tvxEJP3OU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYngkM7yb0

How about this one? The Sukhoi Superjet 100. It's experiencing the usual teething problems but is an interesting/promising design.

Attachment 47125

SamDim / SCS's Tu-134A-3 v 1.2 in FSX

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    I used Project Tupolev's Tu-154M, and SCS's Tu-134 series very extensively in FS2004, and I miss the complex and unique operation of those models in FSX.
    Some screenshots of the SCS's Tu-134A-3 v 1.2 in FSX. Ports over without too much trouble, try it!

Attachment 49193 Attachment 49194 Attachment 49195

Systems seem to work as intended as far as I can tell (I think I succeeded in making a startup from a cold and dark situation with the engineer panel and various switches here and there... Right click on covered switches to remove protection...).

Attachment 49196 Attachment 49197

There is no VC in the version 1.2 for FS9. It was considered at some point by SCS but it was never released... This VC picture on the right comes from this avsim thread, where Dimitri from SamDim gives some news about various SCS projects (April 2011). Maybe with a little bit of pressure and encouragement, such wonderful projects could revive again?

Tu-134A-3 by SamDim (SCS) : scstu134.zip at Flightsim or at http://scs.avsim.su/
    Huge repaint pack by Denis Minaev : 26439-SCSTU-134PACK.zip at Avsimrus

Attachment 49198

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    This VC picture on the right comes from this avsim...Maybe with a little bit of pressure and encouragement, such wonderful projects could revive again?
    I would like to see the 134 with a VC. Let's hope. Thanks for the heads up on this Vonstroheim.

John

Maybe with a little bit of pressure and encouragement, such wonderful projects could revive again?
    Pressure...just what every developer needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Speaking of that. how can i get the CRJ VC into your Do328??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    By looking up the generic procedure for VC swap-aronies and adapting it to my 328.

Tutorial on how to swap the VC of a native FSX aircraft...

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Here is a tutorial on how to add a VC to a native FSX aircraft...
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17996209

Where did you find this Dornier? Freeware of Payware?

Blog Entries
    personally, I love samdims work, just wish he would redo the TU-124 for fsx with a vc..

Here is a tutorial on how to add a VC to a native FSX aircraft...
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17996209

Where did you find this Dornier? Freeware of Payware?
    Thank you, check Bjoern's signature.

SCS fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Sorry, "pressure" was meant more like an "encore" or a "bis", you know, like a fan at a show asking for another song to his favorite band... I'm quite a fan of SamDim's band! Here are SCS's Tu-134 (v1.0 with no glass nose and S7 livery depicted here) and An-24 (for FS9 only).

Attachment 49228

Attachment 49229

Don't you think these two projects should have another good look by the designers? For the An-24, if a FSX native exterior model is available at some point, it would be easy to "attach" the Tim Conrad's An-32 VC (below) which is marvelous... So SCS could focus on the outside, and the pressure to build the VC would go away... (Is Dimitri reading this forum?)

Attachment 49230

More An-24 pics here:
    http://www.myflightsim.ru/flightsimu...azrabotke.html

An-24: 15998_Antonov24new.zip at avsimrus.com (file names in russian... it works! but not for FSX...)

Scenery: Orbx Forster Wallis Isl (Qld) YZFW