Hello me, Its me again...

Thread: Hello me, Its me again...

Hello me, Its me again...

Man its good to be back on FS! I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed this game. Its been 5 years since I last flew in the annual RTW!!! S^&t! Time flies! But I am back with a vengeance!

That said I will get straight to the point. I have no idea what has gone on since or even if the annual RTW is still going on ( I sure hope it is!) I do know that my software is outta date and I can barely remember what all we ran aside from Duenna.

So... If anyone would be kind enough to help me get up to speed I would really appreciate it. I will be cruisin SOH and checking various threads to get everything up to date but any pointers would be a great help and greatly appreciated.
    Also any pointers on aircraft would be greatly appreciated, I have no clue what has been released for FSX.

TIA, Spaz aka Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Man its good to be back on FS! I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed this game. Its been 5 years since I last flew in the annual RTW!!! S^&t! Time flies! But I am back with a vengeance!
    Welcome back.

That said I will get straight to the point. I have no idea what has gone on since or even if the annual RTW is still going on ( I sure hope it is!) I do know that my software is outta date and I can barely remember what all we ran aside from Duenna.
    The race is certainly still taking place in February every year and the Duenna has been updated on a regular basis so you would need to get the base install plus the latest update. You may also want to grab things like 'Weather Set' and FSDAT for en-route info.

So... If anyone would be kind enough to help me get up to speed I would really appreciate it. I will be cruisin SOH and checking various threads to get everything up to date but any pointers would be a great help and greatly appreciated.
    Also any pointers on aircraft would be greatly appreciated, I have no clue what has been released for FSX.
    Actually there still aren't many FSX aircraft that are useful as RTW racers and most of us still use the old faithful FS9 birds. In fact I only keep FS9 on here to use for the RTW race as 95% of my race aircraft are in there. I only use FSX for helo legs really or the occasional 'default' leg. There is a long list of aircraft in the 'Hideout' but I am not sure if you can access that area of the forums or not as it is restricted to Team SOH members only.

Hope that helps.
    Larry

Thanks Larry,
    Sweet! The RTW is my main reason for flying FS. Glad to hear everyone still flies FS9 birds as I still have all my old fs9 stuff on the external drive.

I tried to pick up Duenna last nite but his site was down so I will try again this evening when I get off of work. FSDAT rings a bell but I cant place it, I'll have to google it. Weather set is new to me, but I am sure google will get me on the right track.

No I dont currently have access to the hideout. I need to get with Willy on that and see if I can be reinstated as a team member. But before I do that I would like to get all my software setup and running smoothly and I still have to get my X52 fixed so i can get off of this squirrelly game pad and back to a HOTAS setup.

PRB or Dangerous Dave can also grant access to the hideout.

But just let me know when you're ready.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thanks Willy, as soon as I get all my software sorted I will hit one of you guys up. Does anyone have a working link for duenna? I still cant get Johannes' page to load up.

I just tried my two links to different sites for the Duenna and both are coming back as dead links. Maybe he's taken the site offline for the summer.
    Larry

http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/

Hey guys,

Give that one a whack ... worked for me just now.

Downloads at the bottom of the page.

Need the Full install rev 44 ... then install the rev 131 right over it.

Cheers,
    salt_air

SOH-CM-2023
    ....." That said I will get straight to the point. I have no idea what has gone on since or even if the annual RTW is still going on ( I sure hope it is!) I do know that my software is outta date and I can barely remember what all we ran aside from Duenna. ".......

I wonder if you may have been living up to the philosophy in your avatar ??

Quote Originally Posted by salt_air View Post
    http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/

Hey guys,

Give that one a whack ... worked for me just now.

Downloads at the bottom of the page.

Need the Full install rev 44 ... then install the rev 131 right over it.

Cheers,
    That's one I have bookmarked and it comes back with a message saying the server cannot be found. Your link above does the same thing for me.
    Larry

Must be a browser setting?? strange.

You guys want to drop an email address in a PM .... I'll be happy to ship ya the two zips.
    salt_air

Must be a browser setting?? strange.
    I just tried again with IE7 (not my browser of choice) and Firefox 6.0 and can't get in with either one.

You guys want to drop an email address in a PM .... I'll be happy to ship ya the two zips.
    I'm fine as I already have all the latest files, but thanks for the offer.
    Larry

Hey Larry ... try a google search .... use that link and see if it will work.
    salt_air

Comes back as page not found for me too.

Dang ... I'll try to get up with John ...

Maybe if you put a quarter in one of those slots in the back of the compooter?
    salt_air

Let me go check the coin return slots in the phone booths for a quarter.....

Welcome back, Spaz! I added you to the access list for the SOH RTW Top Secret Lair.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Whoa lotsa since I last checked in!

>>GLH, Yeah it started out AWOL but headed south somewhere about the colorado line
    Thankfully I remembered my 'chute and bailed before it went down in flames!

Still no go on the link. I will shoot you a PM Salt Air and hopefully we can figure something out that way. I do have access to a free FTP site if needed.

>>PRB, Thanx for the add I will have to drop in and see whats in the mix so I can catch up on all I have missed:salute:

Looks like the Duenna site is back up and running again. I just managed to get in OK.
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0