RealAir Turbine Duke VC Merge Issue

Thread: RealAir Turbine Duke VC Merge Issue

RealAir Turbine Duke VC Merge Issue

Love the Turbo Duke to bits but also a big fan of the Beech B200 Super King Air. Sadly, the Aeroworx B200 has too many problems porting over to FSX.

The AFG B300 which works in FSX, but this ISDT model really looks sharp AND as it is a true native FSX model, it can be spliced together with another FSX interior/VC model. Freeware heaven? Well, almost.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...highlight=isdt

It is so far "close but no cigar" as the default B350 VC merges OK but is not one of the better looking default FSX VC's (no comparison IMHO to the e.g. 737-800 or Baron VC's which are quite good) and just doesn't give you any real immersion or wow factor.

I have have both the piston and turbine Dukes - they are tip top GA FSX aircraft - and thought I would be clever and merge the Turbo Duke panel with the ISDT B200 exterior. Well, after some trial and error I succeeded with all gauges appearing and functioning EXCEPT for some reason after start up and takeoff the engines die.

This is not a case of the electrics failing (in which case you can alter the air.cfg so electrics are always on) as I appear to have electrical and avionics power and there is no apparent issue of fuel starvation or loss. Also, I have set the RealAir config so there are no engine failures. The ISDT model merged with the default B350 VC does not result in the engine stopping problem.

Any suggestions how to cure this or is it likely that the RealAir VC is too complex and tied to the rest of the aircraft systems, such that it is not merge-able with other aircraft?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Charter Member 2012
    Expat,

try copying over the Turbine dukes .air file and renaming it ISDT_B200LW.air

also the copying and pasting the following areas from the dukes aircraft.cfg to the B200's

;Moments of Inertia

[flight_tuning]

[GeneralEngineData]

[propeller]

[TurbineEngineData]

[turboprop_engine]

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, appreciate the reply.

Am trying your suggestions in stages. Just using the Duke air file did not solve the problem. Will try changing the air.cfg entries - engine related first, as these are quite different airframes and I don't want to find the aerodynamics adversely affected by making all the changes - particularly the MOI and flight tuning ones, in one go.

Regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Try installing Doug Dawson's "Event Logger". It may help determine what exactly is killing the engines. It goes in a panel and logs variables as they change state.

It won't log "Local Variables"(L:Var), or "Gauge Variables"(G:Var), but, those are usually tied to an actual "Aircraft Variable"(A:Var) which are logged.

Also look for continuous "firing" of a variable. That can lead to erratic behavior...Don

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=107783

Installed Doug's Event Logger - thanks for the steer Don - BUT also made the rest of Bruce's suggested air.cfg changes and the engines no longer shut down! Am going to try reversing the MOI to see what happens as it was twitching a bit sitting on the ground but she is flying just fine now coming up to 18,000 ft cruise alt.

Very happy camper here thanks to you guys!

Many thanks,

expat

Interesting. I isolated the issue to the following entry:

[turboprop engine]

maximum_torque = 1280 //2260

When trying a higher torque value, the engines go kaput. Have tweaked it to go up to 1680 but doubt I can squeeze much more than that.

The Duke has an understandably lower torque/power rating than the Super King Air as it is a much smaller and lighter airframe. PT-6 outputs vary hugely i.e. 580 - 1,940 shp. Problem is this is denting my B200 top end performance - currently ASI 160 knots at FL25. Should be able to do a bit better than that, e.g. 190+.

Not sure why this may be causing a "failure." I have the RealAir config set to failure=never but I have a feeling this is not feeding through to the B200, as I have turned off the startup message which correctly now does not appear when loading the Duke, but stubbornly appears every time I reload the B200 using the Duke panel.

Welcome any thoughts.

expat