SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 98
Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 488890919293949596979899100101102103104105106108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    You know, you're right - I recall that clip, and though it's dropped from an SH-60, which is slower, it still had a braking 'chute. That jogged my memory to recall seeing up close and personal some inert AF munitions once when I was at an AFB, one of them being an air-dropped mine - and it also had a 'chute or ballute on its back end. You want to be as gentle as possible with air-dropped munitions for obvious reasons, so a chute and a (relatively) slow descent to the water are very much in order.

Ahum! Any news about the Turbo Stoofs?

Cheers,
    Maarten

EDIT: Dang, so many aircraft models and contributors, it is taxing my memory ... what little I have left. :-)

Dave is working on the S2T textures and when real life permits, I am sure we will see the fruits of his efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Aircraft viewer?

Hi all,

I'm back working on the S2T textures, but I have to keep checking my work and opening FS9 each time is a drag. I think I've seen some sort of a utility program that allows you to view a FS model and textures as it is in the sim. Does anyone know of this? Any help is much appreciated!:salute:

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Hi all,

I'm back working on the S2T textures, but I have to keep checking my work and opening FS9 each time is a drag. I think I've seen some sort of a utility program that allows you to view a FS model and textures as it is in the sim. Does anyone know of this? Any help is much appreciated!:salute:

Dave
    Dave, do you mean Abacus' FSRepaint?

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Dave, do you mean Abacus' FSRepaint?

Cheers,
    Maarten

Maarten,

I'll check that out. I faintly rmember, in my FS travels, seeing a utility that, useing the aircraft model and textures, allowed 360 degree viewing without opening FS. I never got it at the time, but my FS9 has gotten huge and takes a while to load up. Now I can't remember where it was or was named. I hate having CRS! (Can't Remember Stuff)

Dave

Dave, that's the one I mean. Mind you, it is not a photoshop kind of programme. It is purely a repaint programme. I have it for years now and have done (virtually) all of my civvie repaints with it. As long as you save your work in 32-888 format while your project is still on, you won't have loss of quality and, indeed you can see from all angles what the result is while working on the textures.
    By the way, it is payware stuff but I think it is worth the money. You'll find it here: http://www.abacuspub.com/shop/index....products_id=19

Cheers,
    Maarten

Dave,

The requested changes have been made and tested, and a new model, 2048 template and FS texture has been emailed to you.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Dave, that's the one I mean. Mind you, it is not a photoshop kind of programme. It is purely a repaint programme. I have it for years now and have done (virtually) all of my civvie repaints with it. As long as you save your work in 32-888 format while your project is still on, you won't have loss of quality and, indeed you can see from all angles what the result is while working on the textures.
    By the way, it is payware stuff but I think it is worth the money. You'll find it here: http://www.abacuspub.com/shop/index....products_id=19

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Tahnks Maarten! And Thanks Milton for the adjusstments!

WIP Turbo Tracker Prototype

Guys,

A first draft, still a lot of adjustments and additions to do.... But I've got it goin' on!!!

Looking really good, Dave.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Looking great Dave. I am excited to see this one coming to fruition. I really appreciate your efforts here. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, was the CDF S2T going to come out with the navy version or after?

Great work Dave!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At loooong long, last: A sight for sore eys Sir!

Guys,

A first draft, still a lot of adjustments and additions to do.... But I've got it goin' on!!!
    Sumptuous!
    Bring it on Dave. Bring it on!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by BillgjCook View Post
    Milton, was the CDF S2T going to come out with the navy version or after?
    The CDF version was created especially for CDF, configured that way. It will be released once the gauges are done with only the paint schemes that Tankerguy72 produced.

Tom has the FM done now so I just need to finalize the gauges.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The CDF version was created especially for CDF, configured that way. It will be released once the gauges are done with only the paint schemes that Tankerguy72 produced.

Thanks Milton, looking forward to flying them all.

Quote Originally Posted by BillgjCook View Post
    Thanks Milton, looking forward to flying them all.

Bill, you are welcome.

Currently working on your P2V flight model to add spoilers and generally improve lift and stability at slower speeds.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

I'd be happy to do some cdf paints too if you wish Milton?

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    I'd be happy to do some cdf paints too if you wish Milton?
    That would be great! Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

WIP Turbo Tracker Aramada Argentina

Guys,

Got the prototype fairly squared away and started on the only operational user of the current S-2T model. Lot of work to do yet!

That looks very promising Dave. Looking forward to fly this bird one day.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Guys,

Got the prototype fairly squared away and started on the only operational user of the current S-2T model. Lot of work to do yet!
    The Taiwanese use them too don't they as the G-121?

2D Panel Pop-up ECU Fix

Someone found an issue with the mixture handle for engine 2 as not being clickable.

That is now corrected.

Attached is the replacement ST_Tracker.cab file to correct the problem.

Simple Copy Paste Installation instructions included.

For all radial engine based aircraft in the series.

Optional fix for those who do not use the 2D panel popups.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    The Taiwanese use them too don't they as the G-121?
    Re-posting Dave's explanation of the S2T variants for a refresher:

"I've been researching information and pics of the turbo prop variants for awhile. There appear to be basically three main turboprop variants.

1. The Marsh/IAI version Milton has done, which was used by the Argentine Navy. (the only military user of this variant) This version retained the vibration damper on the left horizontal stab and was converted from the long fuselage and long stabilizer S-2E/G Tracker. In my previous post, I included a pic of the prototype in USN markings still.

2. The Marsh tanker conversion used by the CDF, most of which appear to be converted S-2E/G Trackers. Notably, the CDF birds do not have the vibration damper on the left stab. This would be a de-militarized version of Milton's bird with a more pointy nose cap and pointy chromed spinners. Marsh also converted a few S-2A's to Turbo Tracker configuration as tankers, which retained the S-2A stabilizers.

3. The Grumman conversion used by the Taiwanese forces, which used the same engine (Garrett) as the Marsh conversions but had a 4 bladed prop and different exhausts. The nacelle is similar to the Marsh conversion. Notably, these didn't retain the searchlight.

4. The Conair conversions which used the PT-6 engines with 5 bladed props. This engine has exhausts on both side of the nacelle near the front (due to the PT6 being a reverse flow engine, inlet at the aft end and exhaust at the front). These were conversions of CS2F's and S-2A's with short fuselages and stabilisers. These appear to have retained the vibration dampers on the stabilizer. These also have the more pointed nose cap.

Just putting this out there to help clarify versions and available color schemes, especially for the version Milton has produced. Information is good!

Dave"
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here