SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 81
Page 81 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3171737475767778798081828384858687888991 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Thanks for stepping into the breach, Milton - we are all grateful!!

Couldn't resist nailing that 2,000th post, either!
    LOL Good catch there SSI01.

Hopefully I will get the aircraft remapped by Monday evening and she will be off to the paint shop.

Once that happens, I will try to get the Canadian version chiseled out.

Thanks for your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wrapping up exterior model modeling with just a few minor things left. Trying to figure out the wire antenna rigging is a challenge.
    I think the nacelle air coolers on the right side of each needs to go as well as the fuel dump tubes at the rear (if that is what they are).

Look these over if you will and note any issues you see. I hope to wrap up the modeling this weekend and start mapping for textures.

Thanks a bunch!
    Beautiful Beautiful work!!! :salute:

Milton,you are relentless!
    Excellent!!!

Hi there,

Here is an interesting site with regard to the Canadian-built Stoofs:

http://jproc.ca/rrp/rrp3/tracker.html

With regard to the electronics suite of the RCN CS2F-1 (see link Tracker -1, -2 and -3 Electronics Suite) there was no TACAN installed till 1960; the 17 Dutch CS2F-1/CS-2A's (ex-RCN) didn't have TACAN at all.

From the same site something interesting about the engines:

"Engines: Two Curtiss-Wright Cyclones (R1820-82WA) manufactured by Pratt and Whitney Canada under license as P&W model number 983C9HE1. This P&W model number is what appears on the nameplate affixed to the engine. The Cyclones developed 1275 hp @2500rpm continuous. Each engine could produce 1575 hp for up to five minutes. The P&W engines were modified to have the master rod in the number five cylinder instead of number one. The engineering spec indicates this modification improves reliability."

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Hi there,

Here is an interesting site with regard to the Canadian-built Stoofs:

http://jproc.ca/rrp/rrp3/tracker.html

With regard to the electronics suite of the RCN CS2F-1 (see link Tracker -1, -2 and -3 Electronics Suite) there was no TACAN installed till 1960; the 17 Dutch CS2F-1/CS-2A's (ex-RCN) didn't have TACAN at all.

From the same site something interesting about the engines:

"Engines: Two Curtiss-Wright Cyclones (R1820-82WA) manufactured by Pratt and Whitney Canada under license as P&W model number 983C9HE1. This P&W model number is what appears on the nameplate affixed to the engine. The Cyclones developed 1275 hp @2500rpm continuous. Each engine could produce 1575 hp for up to five minutes. The P&W engines were modified to have the master rod in the number five cylinder instead of number one. The engineering spec indicates this modification improves reliability."

Cheers,
    Maarten

That's a great site Maarten. I have visited it several times losing hours in the process. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

:salute:
    I remain in awe of anyone who can model an airplane for FS.

all the detail that goes into the work, and then there's the guys who do the flight dynamics

awesome job, guys!
    JohnH_049

Speaking of which, my laptop I use on the road is back in service after a heart lung transplant and total body transfusion.... FSX is currently installed and FS9 to go. Amazing how much faster they boot with mostly empty hard drives!

This must be about the most popular aircraft series ever!

Cheers: Tom

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Speaking of which, my laptop I use on the road is back in service after a heart lung transplant and total body transfusion.... FSX is currently installed and FS9 to go. Amazing how much faster they boot with mostly empty hard drives!

This must be about the most popular aircraft series ever!

Cheers: Tom
    Tom, great to see you again. I hope the computer recovery goes well.

Maarten, are you suggesting different performance with this engine?

Well, I have the major body panels remapped and now working on the few (hundred) "other" parts to be mapped.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Whoops! No, I wasn't. Actually I was surprised by the modification of the R-1820-82WA design by Canadian Pratt & Whitney (the master rod in the number five cylinder instead of number one) to improve reliability.
    Now that you ask, the 1,575 hp mentioned on the Canadian Tracker site must be a typo of the author. I hadn't noticed that at all. The RCN specification of the Canadian Pratt & Whitney model 983C9HE1 (see http://jproc.ca/rrp/rrp3/tracker_spec.pdf) mentions 1,525 hp, just like the Wright R-1820-82WA.

Cheers,
    Maarten

BTW, the S2F-1 looks awesome already. I can't believe you are doing that job that quick.

Tom, great to see you again. I hope the computer recovery goes well.

Well, I have the major body panels remapped and now working on the few (hundred) "other" parts to be mapped.
    Milton,

Just saw your pictures and noted the placement of the damper on the left horizontal stab. It should be further outboard at the juncture of the blue and green mapped areas. If it's not fixable, no harm done. Thought I'd mention it. Looking forward to this one also!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Milton,

Just saw your pictures and noted the placement of the damper on the left horizontal stab. It should be further outboard at the juncture of the blue and green mapped areas. If it's not fixable, no harm done. Thought I'd mention it. Looking forward to this one also!

Dave
    Hey Dave :-)

Thanks for that heads-up. I forgot to move it for the short hstab. Not a problem.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Beautiful Beautiful work!!! :salute:
    Thanks TG ... I do hope she will satisfy the S2F-1 needs. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Milton,you are relentless!
    Excellent!!!
    Well, a man has to do something in retirement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by johnh_049 View Post
    :salute:
    I remain in awe of anyone who can model an airplane for FS.

all the detail that goes into the work, and then there's the guys who do the flight dynamics

awesome job, guys!
    There are a lot of details but if the RW versions weren't so complicated, this would be easier. :-)

Milton,

Dave
    Dave, just a followup here. You were more than right. I totally blew the htail thinking that the C1A had the short tail, I just merged it in to this model. Wrong! It turned out to be the longer tail it replaced. LOL So, your "heads-up" drew me to this discovery and now we have a proper short tail in place with the damper where it should be. Thank you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks TG ... I do hope she will satisfy the S2F-1 needs. :-)

Well, a man has to do something in retirement. :-)

There are a lot of details but if the RW versions weren't so complicated, this would be easier. :-)

Dave, just a followup here. You were more than right. I totally blew the htail thinking that the C1A had the short tail, I just merged it in to this model. Wrong! It turned out to be the longer tail it replaced. LOL So, your "heads-up" drew me to this discovery and now we have a proper short tail in place with the damper where it should be. Thank you.
    Glad to help!

Yea! Finally completed mapping of 631 parts. Now a couple minor adjustments before she's off to the paint shop.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

What a beauty!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    May be dumb question but will ask anyway - beta testers needed?

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    May be dumb question but will ask anyway - beta testers needed?
    The major differences here are the model changes, mapping and textures. I'll see if we can arrange something once the textures are available. Since the textures and paint kit are from scratch, it will be a while, the virtue of patience should be well exercised.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I am the Jack LaLanne of patience, I've had mine so exercised I look like Schwarzenegger! Not a problem, though.

LOL Well, I just sent the last of the changes to the S2F-1 to the paint shop. So now officially, I am done with the -1 until Duckie finds the secret issues I accidently left throughout the models and mapping. :-)

EDIT: Before you ask; I will await Duckie's close inspection of all the work before I do the CP-121 variant. Once I get the "all clear", I will do that one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

LOL Well, I just sent the last of the changes to the S2F-1 to the paint shop. So now officially, I am done with the -1 until Duckie finds the secret issues I accidently left throughout the models and mapping. :-)

EDIT: Before you ask; I will await Duckie's close inspection of all the work before I do the CP-121 variant. Once I get the "all clear", I will do that one.
    Great news, Thanks Milton!!

Exciting! Thanks a million, even more!

Just finished up Tanker 88 in its new paint for this years fire season in California.

Attachment 64764

Excellent! Thank you Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Just finished up Tanker 88 in its new paint for this years fire season in California.

Attachment 64764

Hey TG,

When are you going to upload some of these! LOL! Quit teasing already! I wanna put out some fires! LOL!!

Dave

Hey TG,

When are you going to upload some of these! LOL! Quit teasing already! I wanna put out some fires! LOL!!

Dave
    Haha Im waiting for Milton to release the T model.