SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 8
Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858108 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Hi Milton,

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL Thanks for the support.
    Also thanks to the textures you have found or gotten for the project, we now have wheel and tires textured.
    Looking very great already, stunned by the work you do in such a short time frame!

Love to take here for a spin to land on "mine" Karel Doorman carrier.

Marcel

That is very sharp Milton, very sharp indeed.

Chris:salute:

Thanks guys.

Had to do some adjustments to the "roof" adjusting the height (about 8") and changing face and profile a bit to better match reality. Also added the wing support braces.

Okay, back to finish up the gear components. :mixedsmi:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That's coming along nice! Beautiful even! Love that plane! Here's some pics I took a few years ago from the island of the USS Enterprise (CVN-65). Of course this is a C-1, but it's close!

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Milton, that is absolutely beautiful. You've really nailed the flapjack radome.

Here's a pic of how the wings fold up. Maybe usefull for the other variants without the UFO on top.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Megadog

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Milton:

Found the airfoil data for the S2 Family. Should be interesting figuring out the contribution of the flying saucer....

Cheers from a rainy Shanghai: T
    Tom:

We were told that the dome created 10% extra lift and to get the antenna at the proper angle we flew at 110 knots and 1|3 flaps. I had one of the stoof LSOs go with me on a flight to prove that we were flying "ok three wire" rather than "fair" passes due to a "1 potato 2potato" move we used to get it on deck rather than bolter. Milt and you guys are doing a great job on the Fudd!

Uncle Milt...

....Looking GREAT! Can you please ensure that the overhead windows can be slid open and closed....since launch and recovery happened (usually) with these open.

Thanks for getting this beauty into FS...

Kent

Milton,

Just wanted to add my Kudos to the rest! She's looking AWESOME! Also wanted to add this link to an E-1B walkaround.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/lu...3/e-1b_tracer/

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
    Tom:

We were told that the dome created 10% extra lift and to get the antenna at the proper angle we flew at 110 knots and 1|3 flaps. I had one of the stoof LSOs go with me on a flight to prove that we were flying "ok three wire" rather than "fair" passes due to a "1 potato 2potato" move we used to get it on deck rather than bolter. Milt and you guys are doing a great job on the Fudd!
    That's good info MD. I will put your manual and drawings back in the mail to you next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....Looking GREAT! Can you please ensure that the overhead windows can be slid open and closed....since launch and recovery happened (usually) with these open.

Thanks for getting this beauty into FS...

Kent
    Thanks Kent. Can you tell me how these windows were opened? Crank handle or push open?

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Milton,

Just wanted to add my Kudos to the rest! She's looking AWESOME! Also wanted to add this link to an E-1B walkaround.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/lu...3/e-1b_tracer/

Dave
    Thanks Dave; greatly appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Overhead windows...

Milt,

I will try to get info on how they open...I think they are unlatch then slide back (to open). Let me see what I can find.

Kent

I found these in my pics, they should help, you twist and slide and they drop down and come aft.

Attachment 46935Attachment 46936

Thanks TG; that shows it well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, we have an entry door, intake scoops, and cowl flaps along with a miriad of smaller accomplishments. Also, finished the nose gear components.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I've been silently observing your progress and it's always an amazement to me how easily you seem to progress from a blob to a masterpiece, lol. It's always an amazing transformation and you are one of the best. Beautiful work!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I'll second that Falcon.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I'll third that, along with my thanks for all the support you give us modelers.

-James

I love these planes! Ive been around the A & T models all my life. I helped a buddy fuel the Turbo Trackers today after a full day of fire bombing missions.

Attachment 47013

Cant wait for any model you release! This is a great aircraft all around and I know with your attention to detail you will be spot on! keep up the GREAT work :salute:

Well, thank you for the comments guys; I appreciate that.

TG, I will try to do that turbo version before I'm done. Great shot of the top window dropped.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello Milton,

Like falcon409, and most likely a lot more folks, I have been quietly marvelling at this thread and your progress since it first started. Of late I have been marvelling at the "models within the model," like the prop hubs and now the model that is the nose gear.

Your work and your pace never cease to amaze, I just wish I could contribute to this one, but I will be statisfied to watch as this project matures.

Allow me to add my thanks to the many who already have, for your work and your willingness to share it.

~Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hello Milton,

Like falcon409, and most likely a lot more folks, I have been quietly marvelling at this thread and your progress since it first started. Of late I have been marvelling at the "models within the model," like the prop hubs and now the model that is the nose gear.

Your work and your pace never cease to amaze, I just wish I could contribute to this one, but I will be statisfied to watch as this project matures.

Allow me to add my thanks to the many who already have, for your work and your willingness to share it.

~Steve
    Well, thank you Steve; you are most kind. I am looking for someone to do the Interior model and VC if you are interested. As you know the Tracer, Tracker, and Trader models have many variants and paint schemes so there will also be many opportunities for texture artists.

Sounds are in-progress as is the flight model.

PRB has volunteered for panel and gauge work, and if there is still interest, I hope that work can get started soon.

We will appreciate any effort to help move the project forward, and that includes moral support.

Kent asked about removable overhead windows; happy to say those are now in-place.

Also added animated static discharge anodes and fuel dump tubes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

When the time comes you can definately count me in for some texture sets.

:salute:
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Megadog

Milt,

We launched with ovhd windows open and discoverd by accident that the max rate of climb with loss of an engine on a catshot was -400 feet/min with ovhds open. By closing the ovhd windows the drag was reduced enough to climb. This was actually experienced in one of our sister detachments on the east coast.

Wow this is really looking good i was wondering now it may be a stupid question but what variants are you doing and if you need any photos let me know my grandfather is the head engineer at the navel museum here and they have a tracker and he also severed with 880 Squadron as tracker maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    When the time comes you can definately count me in for some texture sets.

:salute:
    Awesome! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
    Milt,

We launched with ovhd windows open and discoverd by accident that the max rate of climb with loss of an engine on a catshot was -400 feet/min with ovhds open. By closing the ovhd windows the drag was reduced enough to climb. This was actually experienced in one of our sister detachments on the east coast.
    Ouch! Not good!

Quote Originally Posted by weeebbz View Post
    Wow this is really looking good i was wondering now it may be a stupid question but what variants are you doing and if you need any photos let me know my grandfather is the head engineer at the navel museum here and they have a tracker and he also severed with 880 Squadron as tracker maintenance
    Thanks weeebbz

My intent is to do the E-1B, the C-1A, the S2F-3/S-2D, and the S-2T exterior models and mapping.

As each is completed, I will donate the gmax source to designers who wish to develop other variants, or improve on existing variants, or provide VC's.

Today so far, I have added teh removable overhead windows, corrected the engine 1820 texture, and drilled holes in the fuselage nose for vents and light, aside from mandatory house work for the home.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here