SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 66
Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1656585960616263646566676869707172737476116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    Just took the stoof for a spin...it looks beautiful, it flies beautifull, it sounds beautiful, and the effects (startup and searchlight) are really cool.

Thank you very much Teamh SOH!

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Thank you .. thank you
    Again a master piece !
    Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    Outstanding work everyone involved! Thank you, thank you!
    Thank you guys; it was a pleasure working with all these talented contributors and great SOH membership who chipped in with research materials and support. It made for an awesome project.

I hope the next project goes as well.

The Lockheed Rounder Series

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Charter Member 2011

What's the Word: Stonking!!

Well Milton you may have your eye on the horizon, but for many the fun is really only starting!
    Screens... what hasn't been shown yet?? just about everything, ah well here's a couple from where I sit:

And I do like the 2D controls being available, although nowadays spend a lot of time in the VC.

Milton, you have a very nice new avatar, well earned.
    Many weeks before I get there, though. I have New Toys

To each one of you involved: Very well done, guys, and thank you.

:salute: THANKS TO ALL..involved with the Grumman build..beautiful aircraft and real nice sounds and the
    animations ..plus the pilots..sweet..!!! GREAT JOB..!!

rgds
    t creed

Thanks Wing_Z! Great shots :-)

T Creed, we have Jan Visser to thank for those awesome pilots. It is interesting to just sit and watch them carrying on with life-like movements, the occasional conversation, checking the skies, the instruments. Amazing animations. Thanks Jan!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    They fly real well. Thanks, Milton and "Grumman Seven" Project Team.

Took them up for a short hop first thing. Only item I need help on is the ILS. Not sure how to get the power on to change it.

Cheers
    :ernae:
    --WH
    An oversight on my part as I am guilty of using FSNav to activate the APR.

Scott is taking care of this so should have you something this week sometime.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    Man, this thing is beautiful. Love the S2F, fine looking plane. Wish I could say that about the C-1A, but, well, that's personal preference!
    Niiice and Stable, but responsive enough to my ham-handed inputs... roomy and durable... perfect for a bushwacker... hmmm... has Willy bothered you about a Merc Air varient yet?
    Seriously, though, I think this is a definite keeper...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    ..... but responsive enough to my ham-handed inputs ......

It handles really well to my 'ham-handed' flying

Pete.

PS: Kiwi humor is a strange thing

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    An oversight on my part as I am guilty of using FSNav to activate the APR.

Scott is taking care of this so should have you something this week sometime.
    I got it working by editing the aircraft.cfg. Both Nav1 and Nav2 do not have standby frequencies.

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1=1
    Com.1=1, 1
    Com.2=1, 1
    Nav.1=1, 0, 1
    Nav.2=1, 0, 0
    Adf.1=1
    Transponder.1=1
    --WH

Like everyone has said before me......thank you very much indeed for producing these lovely aeroplanes. Being part of a developer team myself, I know of all the hard work and effort that is involved in creating these projects and am really enjoying the series.

Best wishes,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I got it working by editing the aircraft.cfg. Both Nav1 and Nav2 do not have standby frequencies.

[Radios]
    Audio.1=1
    Com.1=1, 1
    Com.2=1, 1
    Nav.1=1, 0, 1
    Nav.2=1, 0, 0
    Adf.1=1
    Transponder.1=1
    --WH
    Well, I am a bit confused about that as all of the products released had the following, just double checked the release packages:

[Radios]
    Audio.1=1
    Com.1=1, 1
    Com.2=1, 1
    Nav.1=1, 1, 1
    Nav.2=1, 1, 0
    Adf.1=1
    Transponder.1=1

And when I test, I always use the ILS to check elevator trim ranges on normal approach configurations, weights and speeds so it had to be there. Anyhow, I agree there is no APR button to activate the ILS and we are adding that. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Amazing work, Milton & crew. I haven't even got the Avias broken in, and this slew of Grummans is unleashed. A problem of plenty. Extra compliment to Nigel, you've really nailed the exterior sounds. These things overfly my place all summer long....you've created a very good evocation.

Milton, it's the ailerons.

I'm curious:

First flight out in the S7, I noticed an interesting feedback effect, a reasonable amount of feedback resistance along with a reasonable amount of aileron control, and then with a bit more deflection, a sudden loss of resistance, with parallel loss of roll effect. External view showed me a relatively small aileron in relation to the size of the wing, at least in regards to one might expect. A quick look at the aircraft.cfg showed me that you've dialed in a little more aileron deflection (25 up, 20 down) than one may expect.

A quick perusal of the documentation provides a warning to pilots about excess aileron inputs.

Hmmm.....

Not knowing too much about this aircraft design, I wondered if I might be looking at an early fifties solution to a fairly wide span wing, the designers wishing to create a reasonable aileron effect without any power assist. A simple aileron of small square footage, able to deflect to a fairly high angle, that could offer lower control input effort without the need for power assist? ( lower complexity, weight & cost)

Certainly an aileron like this could be prone to (stalling?) at high deflection, but not neccesarily as issue for an aircraft that's designed to calmly cruise and loiter in an essentially wide open marine environment over long periods of time.

Have I got it right..?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Amazing work, Milton & crew. I haven't even got the Avias broken in, and this slew of Grummans is unleashed. A problem of plenty. Extra compliment to Nigel, you've really nailed the exterior sounds. These things overfly my place all summer long....you've created a very good evocation.

Milton, it's the ailerons.

I'm curious:

First flight out in the S7, I noticed an interesting feedback effect, a reasonable amount of feedback resistance along with a reasonable amount of aileron control, and then with a bit more deflection, a sudden loss of resistance, with parallel loss of roll effect. External view showed me a relatively small aileron in relation to the size of the wing, at least in regards to one might expect. A quick look at the aircraft.cfg showed me that you've dialed in a little more aileron deflection (25 up, 20 down) than one may expect.

A quick perusal of the documentation provides a warning to pilots about excess aileron inputs.

Hmmm.....

Not knowing too much about this aircraft design, I wondered if I might be looking at an early fifties solution to a fairly wide span wing, the designers wishing to create a reasonable aileron effect without any power assist. A simple aileron of small square footage, able to deflect to a fairly high angle, that could offer lower control input effort without the need for power assist? ( lower complexity, weight & cost)

Certainly an aileron like this could be prone to (stalling?) at high deflection, but not neccesarily as issue for an aircraft that's designed to calmly cruise and loiter in an essentially wide open marine environment over long periods of time.

Have I got it right..?
    Sounds good :-) But, I have to defer to Tom Fliger, the FM engineer on these aircraft. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

WONDERFUL aircraft, everything I was hoping for.

2 questions tho :

1. Did the R/L A/C have an autopilot, and which one ?
    2. Any other skins for the COD yet, or a paint kit ?
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    WONDERFUL aircraft, everything I was hoping for.

2 questions tho :

1. Did the R/L A/C have an autopilot, and which one ?
    2. Any other skins for the COD yet, or a paint kit ?

AP? Yes, see attached. It was called a P-1 Autopilot.

No other skins at present but there are paint kits listed below teh download links:

Thank you for your interest in the Grumman projects.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

S2F-3:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5308

E-1B:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=5309

C-1A:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=5318

S2A-CDF and S2AL-CDF:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=5319

S2T-CDF: WIP
    S2T-Mil: WIP

PAINT KITS

E-1B Paint Kit: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...B-PaintKit.zip

C-1A Paint Kit: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...a-paintkit.zip

S2F-3 Paint Kit: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...3_paintkit.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

:redf:

How embarrassing, it never occurred to me to look down there in the VC.

...even more to love in this amazing bird.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

LOL And before anyone asks, no, that's not part of the model. Nice work!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm sorry!
    I played a bit with the PS
    I love the ground accessories!

:salute:

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Just downloaded the C-1a and while looking in the Ops.txt in the Documents found that for carrier landings, one should look at "Reference Help".

I don't see any such file or document. Should I? or is it still in the works?

For now, I'm just going to learn how to fly this gorgeous bird!

Milton, you got a PM.

--WH

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Just downloaded the C-1a and while looking in the Ops.txt in the Documents found that for carrier landings, one should look at "Reference Help".

I don't see any such file or document. Should I? or is it still in the works?

For now, I'm just going to learn how to fly this gorgeous bird!
    Sorry Kelly; looks like I forgot to update the Ops doc with the following Carrier instructions for all the releases:

Carrier Launches - full flaps, 1+ degree up trim,

Climbout - Retract the gear and climb at 1000-1250 fpm depending on weight and preference, trimming as necessary to achieve climb rate and speed. Once established safely in the climb, set initial climb power of 51" and 2700 RPM. Desired climb speed is about 120 knots IAS.

Cruise: Max cruise power is 47" and 2500 RPM, retract flaps up as necessary. Max endurance is a liesurely 27" and 1650 RPM and 1/3 flaps may be left extended to achieve a more level attitude for employment of the radar.

Landing - Approach downwind at 120 knots flaps up, reducing to 1/3 and 115 knots, 110 and 2/3 and full flaps and 105 knots abeam the touchdown zone, with gear down and props full increase. Final approach over the fence at 95 knots begin a slow flare at +15' and touchdown below 90 kias with light power. With low weight, you can touchdown around 80kias.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton and crew,

had a fantastic first test hop around San Diego, North Island to Miramatr for a touch & go, took a go around because the Top Gun F-14s were crowding the operations area, decided to return to North Island so I could put her away for the evening. Excellent handling and flight. The sounds are fantastic, Nigel, the FDE also, Tom. Absolutely fantastic aircraft model and textures. VC great.

Then, DISASTER!!! My main harddrive, (Not the FS, one!) suddenly failed!!! 1.5TB. Managed to copy everything to another drive, which I had installed as storage only, not bootable. So, I will be down for a few days as I replace and reinstall all my main programs. Using the wife's notebook to type this.

Again, Thank you all.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks, Milton

This is a great bird!

I need a bit more check ride, tho...