SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 62
Page 62 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1252545556575859606162636465666768697072112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

I'm really enjoying putting the C1A through the ringer.
    Haven't found anything I can really complain about so far.
    JohnH_049

Thanks to all of you who have helped in many ways to see this project to this point.

I just reviewed the first 50 pages of this post and the pace of activity wore me out! LOL

I cannot do a public beta but I will include many of the contributors throughout this thread.

Although the basics of all the models look pretty good now, we are still tweaking and improving here and there.

One of the things that is irritating about betas is that something shows up wrong and its too late in the process to fix it due to a wide reaching impact. But, most things will be fixed if they do not affect the completed mapping, paint kits or textures.

My intention is to send a download link to one of the five aircraft to many of you based on my best read of where your interest and knowledge are.

I trust that you will protect the integrity of the project, thoroughly test and turn around specific feedback reasonably quickly (3 days).

I will send links via PMs but I prefer feedback in one report via email.

More on this when I am closer to ready.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Currently I haven't been any help. While downloading the first beta (not sure what model variant) the DSL connection to my house went dead. I tried everything I could think of to alleviate it, only to notice that it wasn't just the internet that was gone. Phone service was out also. After all the suggested testing to find the problem I finally gave up and called our telephone company. That was Saturday morning. This time it made sense to have a cell phone.

Yesterday the line repair man came out to find the trouble. That was at 9am. At 2pm we still had no service. Shortly thereafter the line tech called. He told me that we were not the only line affected. It was fairly wide spread. Someone (Thieves, druggies) destroyed the service by hooking onto the main feed using a chain/rope connected to a vehicle and tried pulling it out of the ground. They didn't get much but, the end result was the main trunk had 15 feet cut out of it!!

I have internet. Spotty, currently bad signal strength. Until the lines get restored like they were, I'm not able to help with testing due to download attempts time-out.

There's no option to do a system restore

Not a problem OB. Get through your current RW issues and there will plenty to do when you return in full force.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5 out of 7

This is really excellent news. The Grumman front making exceptional progress upward.

Congratulations Milton and team - wish I was up there with you all!
    (I certainly am in spirit).

Bravo!

N. AVIAtor (Grrreat depths!)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I would have love to have been some help Milton but for a couple of months I stopped reading the FS9 forum for some reason. Then I decided to run both FS9 and FSX and started reading this forum again and came across this thread. If I can be of any help just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Does anyone know if there was a flight manual produced for the S2F Turbo conversions?

Or, looking for more info regarding panel and gauge differences, other instrumentation differences, ops etc. Working on the panel and gauges for these variants.

Any help appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I would have love to have been some help Milton but for a couple of months I stopped reading the FS9 forum for some reason. Then I decided to run both FS9 and FSX and started reading this forum again and came across this thread. If I can be of any help just let me know and I will see what I can do.
    Thank you Sir. Beta so far is going well. If this keeps up, we may release one or more aircraft within a week.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I could use some help finding a good image of the tiger on the RAN aircraft... I'm trying to avoid recreating it since I don't have a lot of time.

Great job Milton and team. This is going to be the best Grumman Tracker, Trader, and Tracer package out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmdudeone View Post
    Great job Milton and team. This is going to be the best Grumman Tracker, Trader, and Tracer package out there.
    Thank you ktm. We all here have worked long and hard on this and I hope that it will satisfy the needs as a freeware aircraft package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have sent out quite a few beta test links to get this thing started. I did not want to include everyone (31 names) on this round as the feedback would be overwhelming and my server could not withstand the download volume. If there is a round two, I will try to catch you on that one. If you run only FSX, I do not have FSX portover versions done yet.

Just some additional comments.

1) The S2F-3 searchlight switch is on the co-pilots joystick mount in front of the joystick. Corrected in docs.
    2) There was a texture mix up on the C-1A. If you have that, you can re-download.
    EDIT: Actually, there were two issues, and I have deleted the archive until I can fix that.
    3) We have updated the gauge back lighting maps to improve realism. Yours aren't bad, but these are better.
    4) There are some exterior light switch issues being worked on.
    5) The S2F-3 Exit doors only shows 1 door in the cfg. You can change that to 2 for the lower bay doors.
    6) The E-1B and S2F-3 radomes and antennas are activated with the Concorde nose extend/retract keys. I use cntrl+u and shift+u for mine, not sure of default settings.

Reminder, I would like whatever feedback you have by Friday at the latest if you want your issues considered for the next round, or release.

Depending on how thorough we are and how things go, we may be able to get one or two of these released within a week.

Thanks for all your interest and help.

EDIT 2: I have corrected the C-1A upload.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I could use some help finding a good image of the tiger on the RAN aircraft... I'm trying to avoid recreating it since I don't have a lot of time.
    Maybe these will be of some help mate:

http://www.adf-serials.com/n12.shtml

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ra...w=1920&bih=909

http://www.s2ftracker.com/australiatrackers.htm

http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?...S-2G%20Tracker

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

This plane really wears the RAN colours well, AussieMan... :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    This plane really wears the RAN colours well, AussieMan... :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    Thanks BB .... nice to know I could help. Would try to splash some paint around myself if I had a paintkit.

Cheers
    Pat

Always a few more changes to the cfg and .Air files. One issue that is quite surprising is the difference between FS9 and FSX (Accel) in the tailhook position! Geeze, you would think these, essentially being contact points, would be the same.

Cheers: T

Thanks BB .... nice to know I could help. Would try to splash some paint around myself if I had a paintkit.

The paint kits I have are posted. Which one do you want?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, there will hopefully be a run on these soon. :-)

Though it would be a good place to start as this is the aircraft that started the project.

And thanks to Duckie for teh awesome paint scheme and paint kit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The paint kits I have are posted. Which one do you want?
    At the moment I have the beta version of the G7-E1Bm which is the EW version. Will wait for the version so I can do some RAN aircraft.

Cheers
    Pat

E-1B Paint Kit Available Now

For the E-1B, the Paint Kit is now ready for download:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...B-PaintKit.zip

Thanks to Duckie for doing the paint kit and for the textures on the E-1B.

Great work all around.

Reposting links to the other available paint kits:

S2F-3: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...3_paintkit.zip

C-1A: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Grumm...a-paintkit.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

At the moment I have the beta version of the G7-E1Bm which is the EW version. Will wait for the version so I can do some RAN aircraft.

And what version would that be?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    And what version would that be?
    The same aircraft as you have in your avatar. Just been looking at it and will be sending you an email later. Still got a couple of things to check.

Cheers
    Pat

*bump*

Certainly don't want to see this thread fall too far down the list. To all involved - it looks bloody fantastic!
    -Mark