SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 58
Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 848505152535455565758596061626364656668108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Hi Milton,
    all I can say is: take your time!!!
    I must already thank all the team involved in this project because I think it will be one of the major freeware aircraft released for 2012!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

There is no good model for the French S-2's. I dont know if Milton is willing to do it or not but we'll see. Non the less, a Conair paint would be superb.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

I believe this started out as an E-1B and C-1A project, then added the S2F-3, then the S2Turbo and S2T-CDF tanker, then the S2F-CDF tanker, then the S2A-CDF tanker, for a total of 7 variants. Jan Visser is doing the S2F-1.

I am done with adding variants as the complexities of keeping all this stuff sorted out is overwhelming as it is. I, like you, just want to get them released.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Closing in!

A few WIP shots to let ya'll know I really am working to get this texture set completed.

Milton, after today I'll turn my attention to packaging the paint kit. As you can see I'm still a ways from finishing this texture set so I'll try to get you the paint kit so others may jump in the fray!

Attachment 58173 Attachment 58176

Attachment 58175 Attachment 58174

Attachment 58172 Attachment 58171
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

That is stunning work Sir! Beautiful stuff all around. I am seriously liking this one.

Looks like we will be swimming in awsome textures on all variants. You guys are all home run hitters!

Thank you so much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Awesome. The whole package is a magnificent acheivement by the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I believe this started out as an E-1B and C-1A project, then added the S2F-3, then the S2Turbo and S2T-CDF tanker, then the S2F-CDF tanker, then the S2A-CDF tanker, for a total of 7 variants. Jan Visser is doing the S2F-1.

I am done with adding variants as the complexities of keeping all this stuff sorted out is overwhelming as it is. I, like you, just want to get them released.
    Just noticed that "The Grumman Five" has now become "The Grumman Seven". I see just how easy a simple project (with all its internal complexities) can easily get out of hand. :isadizzy:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post

Here is a sketch of my texture. But I can not seem to give the gloss of my textures. I try to put a light gray alpha channel but it makes the texture transparent.

Marty

Sorry for not seeing your question sooner. I've been busy.

I'm not entirely sure what could be going on. It sounds like the format you're saving the textures is wrong. Are you creating the alpha channel as a layer and saving as 32bit? Then running through DXTBMP and saving as extended BMP?

Marty is an experienced and talented texture artist. I think the issue is mine.

Marty, I will look into this Tuesday and get back with you with an answer.

Thanks for your patience.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Panel Update

I got the last of the panel updates tonight. After checking them out, I will see what I must do to prepare for the first in a series of releases.

Thanks for your patience on this project. We still have a lot of stuff in progress.

I will likely release some variants separately, and some as a group.

Once I sort it all out, I will post my intentions here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty is an experienced and talented texture artist. I think the issue is mine.

Marty, I will look into this Tuesday and get back with you with an answer.

Thanks for your patience.
    Hello Milton,

I created an alpha channel bmp then I added a texture. Then I saved my texture in extended bitmap DXT3.
    which option you prefer DXT3 or 32bit?
    what is best to set the specular is to add an alpha channel?
    Best Regards
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Here is a sketch of my texture. But I can not seem to give the gloss of my textures. I try to put a light gray alpha channel but it makes the texture transparent.

Marty
    WOW!!! Those look amazing! Great job!!!

Hello Milton,

I created an alpha channel bmp then I added a texture. Then I saved my texture in extended bitmap DXT3.
    which option you prefer DXT3 or 32bit?
    what is best to set the specular is to add an alpha channel?
    Best Regards
    Marty
    Hi Marty :-)

Either one will work fine but 32-bit is preferred for better quality.

Marty, I did not design these aircraft for a reflective (or glossy) surface. They do have specular built in (sun glare or lighting) to the model.

If you would like, I will change the model to allow glossy (reflective) paint.

If you would send to me one of the textures (fuselage or wing) so that I may test with it, I will try to do this Tuesday. You can send a link or Email me through my Profile by clicking my name.

If you prefer not to share a texture, then I will create one to test with.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty,

I have created a model for the glossy textures and have uploaded it to my server.

Check you PM for the link to download it.

Let me know if there are issues with that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I normally setup all my models to allow for glossy textures but (What was I thinking!) didn't on the Grumman series.

I will correct this on all 7 models. Of course, a pure white alpha on these new models gives you exactly what we have now.

I will make the changes to the models, and to the texture names for the liveries that have been completed.

After that, anyone that wants to add a civilian texture or a show texture will have that option.

There will be no affect on appearance of the matte finish of the completed liveries.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I normally setup all my models to allow for glossy textures but (What was I thinking!) didn't on the Grumman series.

I will correct this on all 7 models. Of course, a pure white alpha on these new models gives you exactly what we have now.

I will make the changes to the models, and to the texture names for the liveries that have been completed.

After that, anyone that wants to add a civilian texture or a show texture will have that option.

There will be no affect on appearance of the matte finish of the completed liveries.

Hello Milton,
    This is the super model in a satin sheen is not necessary to put an alpha channel for me. However this new model I can not texture the Right Landing Gear Doors and the Left engine cowl flaps, Door Handle and hinges. Do you have an idea why?
    Best Regards
    Marty

Hello Marty,

That looks very nice. I do not know why but will look at those issues today.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty,

I have looked at the areas you mentioned in the sim with the new model, and in gmax, and I do not see any issues with the doors or cowl flaps. They work fine here. Are you using the new model file I sent or the original?
    Please list the exact texture names you are having issues with.

The door handles and hinges are textured to the fuselage texture.

Thanks

EDIT: My apologies to Snurdley for using his textures to test overly glossy textures to show. :-)

EDIT 2: Now, my apologies to Marty. I now see the problem :-/ LOL and think I have a resolution shortly.

EDIT 3: Attached is a corrected model file and folder. I assume that you are using the new model I sent to you. If not, I need to know that now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty,

I have looked at the areas you mentioned in the sim with the new model, and in gmax, and I do not see any issues with the doors or cowl flaps. They work fine here. Are you using the new model file I sent or the original?
    Please list the exact texture names you are having issues with.

The door handles and hinges are textured to the fuselage texture.

Thanks

EDIT: My apologies to Snurdley for using his textures to test overly glossy textures to show. :-)

EDIT 2: Now, my apologies to Marty. I now see the problem :-/ LOL and think I have a resolution shortly.

EDIT 3: Attached is a corrected model file and folder. I assume that you are using the new model I sent to you. If not, I need to know that now.
    Thank you Milton,
    It's good with this new model. I have yet to find where I can paint the handle and a few pieces that remain black and the inner weel well landing gear.

Attachment 58412
    Attachment 58415Attachment 58414Attachment 58413

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

C'est tout simplement magnifique travail!

Hello Milton,
    This is the super model in a satin sheen is not necessary to put an alpha channel for me. However this new model I can not texture the Right Landing Gear Doors and the Left engine cowl flaps, Door Handle and hinges. Do you have an idea why?
    Best Regards
    Marty
    My apologies for interrupting an important technical discussion, I just had to express my joy at seeing this beautiful paint scheme.

Bravo!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Marty,

Okay, I see those issues in the transition to new reflective textures. The parts did not get assigned to the new names.

Thanks. Will get the new model to you shortly.

EDIT: Marty, attached is a replacement model that corrects the issues I can see in your pictures. I apologize that in my haste to give you reflective textures (sheen), I overlooked some of these smaller parts. I also noticed that you have an issue with the wing fold hinges. Can you verify that?

EDIT 2: I forgot to say that teh door handles and hinges are mapped to the fuselage area of the door to pick up the fuselage colors. I will have to adjust those maps a little to get them exactly in the correct areas. Also, the wheel wells are not mapped for specific painting; they will be "dark". I will do the nose wheel bay soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm not wanting to read every page.

Would someone post a link, or picture to the correct engines used in these? Angled or not, as I'm in process of building the correct image for it. I need reference.

If it isn't needed I will at least have it in my archives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I'm not wanting to read every page.

Would someone post a link, or picture to the correct engines used in these? Angled or not, as I'm in process of building the correct image for it. I need reference.

If it isn't needed I will at least have it in my archives.

Thanks
    Powerplant: Two 1,525 hp Wright R-1820-82A radials

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here