SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 49
Page 49 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3941424344454647484950515253545556575999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Or you could ask Mr.Bean. ( bucket of paint plus large fire-cracker ) If you ask me i'll have some photoreal leather padding on offer to go beneath the side windows, like this :

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM--...ker/1237793/L/

I think i could fill in the cockpit paint too. If you think that'll suit all cockpits for the time being i'll deliver the 2048x2048 version of 'cockpit.bmp' with the filled in details.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan, those crew figures are awesome work! Reckon we'll be seeing more of those Gentlemen?
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Or you could ask Mr.Bean. ( bucket of paint plus large fire-cracker ) If you ask me i'll have some photoreal leather padding on offer to go beneath the side windows, like this :

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM--...ker/1237793/L/

I think i could fill in the cockpit paint too. If you think that'll suit all cockpits for the time being i'll deliver the 2048x2048 version of 'cockpit.bmp' with the filled in details.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Thank you Javis. All are the same, or close enough to work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries

Correction...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I can do it... just let me know what it is exactly you need... I am interested in working with the E1B.. send me the WIP package... I have been working on the panel already... will send you what I have done...
    I didn't realize how late in the week it was! Leaving tonite at 01:30 for LAX (the flight to Amman, Jordan via Vienna) or our Middle East Voyage to antiquity leaves at 0730 Fri...
    Will be out of touch with a computer till Dec 5... back in Indio at home...
    So no real hurry on anything... Catch you then...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I didn't realize how late in the week it was! Leaving tonite at 01:30 for LAX (the flight to Amman, Jordan via Vienna) or our Middle East Voyage to antiquity leaves at 0730 Fri...
    Will be out of touch with a computer till Dec 5... back in Indio at home...
    So no real hurry on anything... Catch you then...
    Gaucho_59,

Thank you for the offer. I do wish you a great and enjoyable trip. Sounds like fun

Be safe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Jan, those crew figures are awesome work! Reckon we'll be seeing more of those Gentlemen?
    Thanks,Nigel, love your sound suites, well done !

I hope to upgrade the crew once i can find some time. Animated lims of the pilot with, possibly, a throttle arm that will only reach for the throttle if throttle is applied ( i suppose a tricky one.... ) and a movable visor, that sort of thing.

@ Milton : thanks for the new window frames ! :salute: ( i'm preparing an email re the cockpit textures )

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    tankerguy72 will hopefully share his artwork for the S2A-CDF, S2T-CDF open nacelle and S2A-CDF closed nacelle variants.
    I will definitely share them as soon as I finish some little updates :salute:

This one is done in memory of Gary Nagel who died October 5, 1998 during the Mt. Edna Fire. I was down at the base watching him reload a couple hours prior. Dedicated to a hero. :salute:

Attachment 52406

I have been watching this project from the shadows, wow ! You guys are collaborating on something truly special !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    I have been watching this project from the shadows, wow ! You guys are collaborating on something truly special !!! Mike
    Hey Thanks Mike. We are having fun through collaboration and hopefully will be sharing some early beta work real soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    This one is done in memory of Gary Nagel who died October 5, 1998 during the Mt. Edna Fire. I was down at the base watching him reload a couple hours prior. Dedicated to a hero. :salute:

Attachment 52406

Excellent TG. That's a great thing to do.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just doing some catch-up. Great work by everyone involved so far!!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

I hope to upgrade the crew once i can find some time. Animated lims of the pilot with, possibly, a throttle arm that will only reach for the throttle if throttle is applied ( i suppose a tricky one.... ) and a movable visor, that sort of thing.

Cheers,
    Jan
    That would be awesome!!!!!

Fire Bombing all day has built up a nice retardant stain on 76

Attachment 52560

Attachment 52560

Oh yea! Nice job on that
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice graduation on the stain, but I think the first 1/4 or so of the bay would have less stain going up the fuselage sides as the slipstream would be tearing more of the solids backward.

Just an educated guess on my part of course, it's been a while since I looked at the birds at Hemet or they visited Rialto.

Cheers
    Stefan

you're right but its never exact Ive seen whole fuselages covered including the front and loads drops but get lifted by currents and land on top of the aircraft that dropped it. Good eye though I just might fix it.:salute:

Nice job! Working aircraft are not spotlessly clean, but show the stains and scuffs from their use.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries

Attachment 52560
    Bravo!

This is how aircraft should look;

Living, working, breathing,

Alive!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post

Bravo!

This is how aircraft should look;

Living, working, breathing,

Alive!
    Yep, not a museum display piece.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Progress Report

Flight Models: Tom has done yeoman's duty on the 7 flight models. In all fairness, when he signed on, there was only the E-1B and the possibility of the C-1A. Well, now there are 5 models (seven with variants), and Tom has done the FSX and FS9 sides. That's a lot of work and we should be very appreciative of Fliger's work. Thank you Tom.

Sounds: Nigel has done a great job with the sounds for both the radials and the turbines. These are very realistic sounds and you will be pleased what what these sounds do for your ears.

Effects: Nigel has finalized the startup and lighting effects for the spotlight. Nice work on both of these effects. I think he found a new interest.

Textures: E-1B: Paint kit completed by Matt; Next up is the S2T Military variant
    Textures: C-1A: Awesome work by "mgr". You have seen the screen shots. A site to behold. Thanks "mgr". EDIT: And, thanks to Gaucho_59 for the awesome interior textures.
    Textures: S2F-CDF, S2A-CDF (2 variants), S2T-CDF: Tankerguy72 has (almost?) completed these models' textures. Looking great there TG!
    Textures: S2F-3: Available for anyone who wishes to take this one on. Paint kit desired with your work.

Temporary Panel/Gauges: Sieggie put together a temporary panel for use for anyone who needs it.
    Panel/Gauges: Scott is making some progress here getting the basic 2D panel and sub-panels in place and building the inventory of gauges required for the radial-based aircraft. Looking good so far.

Documentation: Basic stuff in place. Need volunteer(s) for reference and checklist docs.

S2F-1: Javis is working on this variant now. He plans to take this one all the way. Look out for this one.

I may have forgotten something here so if anyone sees the missing, speak up.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Another truly awesome SOH project under the leadership of one of FS's outstanding gentleman, Sir Milton Shupe. Thanks to all involved.

I think Gaucho's internal and external paints do deserve a mention from what I have seen.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Another truly awesome SOH project under the leadership of one of FS's outstanding gentleman, Sir Milton Shupe. Thanks to all involved.

I think Gaucho's internal and external paints do deserve a mention from what I have seen.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Thanks Stefan, I felt like I was overlooking someones work. This head cold leaves me in a fog.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the update Milton and thanks to all the project members for the extrodinary efforts on our behalf.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Thank YOU Sir!

Just three words on behalf of all who have worked on this absorbing project;

Without your inspiration, exceptional modelling talents, exemplary attitude of seeing a job through and often the sheer courage in going back to scratch to get things 'just right', none of this would have come to fruition.

Neither is the job of co-ordinating the many different elements that go into forming each final version, to be taken lightly.

Thank YOU Milton!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "