SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 48
Page 48 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3840414243444546474849505152535455565898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Looks great TG. Hmmm, I think I got those wing antennas a bit large. Do they need to be a bit forward?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

This is simply awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Looks great TG. Hmmm, I think I got those wing antennas a bit large. Do they need to be a bit forward?
    Yeah they are a little big and more squared and without that base theyre sitting on. but who am I to complain im just lucky to have this :salute: I can send you the texture if you want to place them?

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Yeah they are a little big and more squared and without that base theyre sitting on. but who am I to complain im just lucky to have this :salute: I can send you the texture if you want to place them?
    That's fine; thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking fantastic. I was wondering if there might be any possibility of an AI model version to be included, as those who enjoy AI with carrier ops know this particular Grumman would be a tremendous addition. If it's bags of extra work then of course, never mind, but I wanted to raise it before things were too far along (which they already may be). In any case, I am looking forward to doing some low and slow patrols knowing how good a hand flyer this one is likely to be!

Thanks and regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Each one varies a bit as they differ a lot in weights and aerodynamics, but generally a pretty stable aircraft. They were intended to be flown as patrol and loitering type aircraft. In a hurry, take the train....

Cheers: T

Current Project Status

Attached is a responsibility list for project phases.

Congratulations to all who have completed their parts.

Nigel created some awesome sounds for the radials and the best turboprop sounds I have ever flown for this size engine. Very enjoyable and not irritating like those pesky KA350 sounds. YOu can fly these TP sounds for hours and not get tired of them.
    He also stepped up to do the S2F-3 search light, and modified the startup effects and squeeky brakes effects.

Fliger has about finalized (for beta testing) most of the FM's in FSX and is tweeking for FS9. This was a much taller order than originally expected. Thank you Tom.

Smoothie has completed the paint kit for the E-1B while wrestling with his computer causing some restarts in the efforts. Thank you.

Javis created the awesome Pilot / Co-Pilot team, all modifiable for different era dress-wear. The animations are the best I have seen.

Marcel "mgr" has completed (well, almost) two awesome C-1A textures and is testing the paint kit now. "Salutus!"

Gaucho_59 did some very nice interior textures for the C-1A. Makes you feel right at home there in the cabin. Thank you Sir!

I just completed the 7th model and am now in review and fix mode for all models.

Sieggie completed a temporary panel gauge arrangement for use with the radial bunch until the final panel gauge set shows up. After some minor tweeks and a "readme" to provide credits, I think we can share a few things here soon as a preliminary beta.

So, after 3.5 months, we have come a long way thanks to these folks and all of you who contributed behind the scenes and in these forums.

Thank you all so much. It is great fun!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    As one of the many humble sideline viewers, I thank you all for an amazing effort.

Thanks Milton & Team.

Pete.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is indeed a great honour and privelige to work with a Maestro and team of such talent.

Thankyou Milton. Thank you friends.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Charter Member 2011

Another Sideline Viewer

Great to see a project like this grow and develop, it's come a long way.
    If I had any of the requisite skills, I'd be there too...
    :salute: kudos to all you talented folk chipping in.

Thanks, everyone. Looking forward to these being my first "new" aircraft for FS2004.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Nice little video with great sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcggHHcvdY

vern was a great guy....and almost as good as hoser.....lol...

The ramp at Ryan Air Attack base is filling up! Must be the start of the sim fire season.

Attachment 52206

Where are the turbo-cats?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Someone read my mind. :mixedsmi:
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Ok! now we have a full house! Tanker Town USA

Attachment 52213

Are these now setup as static aircraft?
    Must kill frame rates?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This thread fell out of the top threads, so...
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Well, real life does go on despite our complaints from the virtual world here.

There is some tweaking going on here and there, people with little hammers late at night tap-tap-tapping to finalize some things, a temporary panel set-up by Sieggie to allow us to get these aircraft out-the-door to you, and Tom with some last minute tweaks to the FS9 air files.

Meanwhile, with all the interest expressed, I am curious if anyone has grabbed the E-1B paint kit and gotten started there. If so, let me know and I will send you a download link to the WIP package.

Also, Matt is working on the paint kit for the S2Turbo military variant (like an S2F-3 with TP engines), tankerguy72 will hopefully share his artwork for the S2A-CDF, S2T-CDF open nacelle and S2A-CDF closed nacelle variants.

The radial and TP sounds and effects are completed; thank you Nigel for this awesome collection of mood enhancers.

The S2F-1 work has begun with Jan Visser at the helm.

We need some artwork for the generic interiors of the S2F-3, E-1B, S-2T, and S2A. Theres just walls and floors barely visible needing to be dark and non-distinct. Otherwise, I will throw on a bucket of paint standing from the cockpit door and leave it that way. Not a big deal.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    ...effects are completed
    midnight; Tap, tap, tap Ouch! Tap, tap, tap!..Hello Milton Sir, oh is that hot coffee? Don't mind if I do!

Uuum, pardon the correction Sir; SOHTanker_water/fire-retardant_fx uploaded to you by tomorrow Sir. :salute:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    midnight; Tap, tap, tap Ouch! Tap, tap, tap!..Hello Milton Sir, oh is that hot coffee? Don't mind if I do!

Uuum, pardon the correction Sir; SOHTanker_water/fire-retardant_fx uploaded to you by tomorrow Sir. :salute:
    LOL Yes, sorry, forgot about that special effect. Thank you for that!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    LOL Yes, sorry, forgot about that special effect. Thank you for that!
    Pleasure Sir! That's quite alright, I understand you certainly have a lot going on right now! :salute: Now, more of that coffee I think.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

We need some artwork for the generic interiors of the S2F-3, E-1B, S-2T, and S2A. Theres just walls and floors barely visible needing to be dark and non-distinct. Otherwise, I will throw on a bucket of paint standing from the cockpit door and leave it that way. Not a big deal.
    Or you could ask Mr.Bean. ( bucket of paint plus large fire-cracker ) If you ask me i'll have some photoreal leather padding on offer to go beneath the side windows, like this :

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM--...ker/1237793/L/

I think i could fill in the cockpit paint too. If you think that'll suit all cockpits for the time being i'll deliver the 2048x2048 version of 'cockpit.bmp' with the filled in details.

Cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries

I am still here

Well, real life does go on despite our complaints from the virtual world here.

There is some tweaking going on here and there, people with little hammers late at night tap-tap-tapping to finalize some things, a temporary panel set-up by Sieggie to allow us to get these aircraft out-the-door to you, and Tom with some last minute tweaks to the FS9 air files.

Meanwhile, with all the interest expressed, I am curious if anyone has grabbed the E-1B paint kit and gotten started there. If so, let me know and I will send you a download link to the WIP package.

Also, Matt is working on the paint kit for the S2Turbo military variant (like an S2F-3 with TP engines), tankerguy72 will hopefully share his artwork for the S2A-CDF, S2T-CDF open nacelle and S2A-CDF closed nacelle variants.

The radial and TP sounds and effects are completed; thank you Nigel for this awesome collection of mood enhancers.

The S2F-1 work has begun with Jan Visser at the helm.

I can do it... just let me know what it is exactly you need... I am interested in working with the E1B.. send me the WIP package... I have been working on the panel already... will send you what I have done...