SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 39
Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2931323334353637383940414243444546474989 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

just a quick H/U from me guys.... V2 of the E-1B paintkit is well underway, panel lines all back on, about to start weathering it up :salute:

ok guys decided once again to refine the lines, only the front 10ft left to really refine and complete, then it's onto weathering :salute: if anyone has any of the other details done can they upload so i can get this kit advanced further, Ευχαριστώ!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    ok guys decided once again to refine the lines, only the front 10ft left to really refine and complete, then it's onto weathering :salute: if anyone has any of the other details done can they upload so i can get this kit advanced further, Ευχαριστώ!
    Looks good Matt. I also just sent you a bunch of reference pictures that may be helpful. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

thanks Milton, heres a piccy that shows the base level of weathering... this is just the tail area....

Blog Entries

Question!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Ahhh, but sirs, I am just the canvass maker upon which these talented individuals spread the colors that bring the canvass to life.

Milton, I hate to burden you... but I am trying to save time...
    Assembling the model in the FS is the only way I know to see where things go...
    and I am trying to avoid that... lol
    I think it might be a good thing to make versions with bare interior... soundproofing,
    etc. so they can be used depending on the particular version... rough cargo, COD, etc.

As I don't know how to place images in a PM... I am using this posting... that I am sure
    you keep up with... just in case I am also letting you know by email...

Attachment 50711

Blog Entries

looking good!!!

Awsome looking!

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Milton, I hate to burden you... but I am trying to save time...
    Assembling the model in the FS is the only way I know to see where things go...
    and I am trying to avoid that... lol
    I think it might be a good thing to make versions with bare interior... soundproofing,
    etc. so they can be used depending on the particular version... rough cargo, COD, etc.

As I don't know how to place images in a PM... I am using this posting... that I am sure
    you keep up with... just in case I am also letting you know by email...

Attachment 50711
    Smaller panels of the floor and ceiling. I sent via email a labeled template and gmax renders of the labeled panels as guides.

BTW, no one here is a burden. Communications for the sake of clarification is essential to productivity.

Also, what you have there so far is awesome looking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

thanks Milton, heres a piccy that shows the base level of weathering... this is just the tail area....
    That's looking great to me Matt. Charge on!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, this is a bit OT but.....That Pinto is very, very cool!!! The sounds are great!How hard would it be to make a Chevy pickup?
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Just so all of you can see what the above template question was about, I have attached the labeled template and the gmax renders for your viewing.

Texture artists sometimes have to color code, label, or use test patterns to sort out the pieces when the modeler does not do it for them.

The template at left did not have the labels when I sent it out so some of the panels could not intuitively be identified without some extra effort.

There are better and more efficient mappers around; I am just not one of them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    Milton, this is a bit OT but.....That Pinto is very, very cool!!! The sounds are great!How hard would it be to make a Chevy pickup?
    Thanks Middle

It would require about 300-400 hours on my part for modeling and for the "flight model".
    Someone would need to do the panel, gauges, sounds, and textures of course.
    Mapping for textures would be a bit more complicated than the straight planar mapping that I do.

You should check some of the 3D sites that have a lot of these vehicles already done.
    Check out this truck at Turbosquid: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/539174

The pickup is much more complicated to model than this sheet metal'ed stock car so it would be a fair sized project.
    The handling would need to be different as well, probably more like the cars that are available for FSim.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Here is my first proof rendition... [the skin textures will use the theme]Attachment 50697Attachment 50698
    Very, VERY nice, Gaucho. And JUST in time for Christmas!
    Thank you.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Blog Entries

Don't mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Very, VERY nice, Gaucho. And JUST in time for Christmas!
    Thank you.

- H52
    I am working on the other side of the fuselage and the engine nacelles decorations... I think
    I can do the skin after I finish the work on the interior I am doing for Milton

I'll chk out the link, Milton..thanks.
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

I just checked it out...very cool! Looks to be about a 47 or 48 Ford. The custom work is pretty tasty, too! Thanks.

WHOA!!!! I had no idea so many vehicles had been modeled in 3d.
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Been doing some engine work and deck landing practice with the S2T. Amazing how different every one of these is!

T

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    WIP shots of the CDF (Cal Fire) S-2T. Still needs more paint, panel lines and weathering
    If I may make a small suggestion. If it is possible you should make a set of them right when they came out of the paint booth and then a set of them all weathered.

Decals slowly going on, family visiting (so i'll be making myself scarce) this weekend so it's going to slow down a bit from me, but i promise that i'll have a base kit out for the Stoof with a roof this times next week :salute:

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Oh my ... I look around here and I am surrounded by all means of talented people ... and I wonder, what happened to me!
    Well Sir, I'll tell you exactly what happened, it's quite simple really;

You inspired! :salute:
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Decals slowly going on, family visiting (so i'll be making myself scarce) this weekend so it's going to slow down a bit from me, but i promise that i'll have a base kit out for the Stoof with a roof this times next week :salute:
    Thanks Matt! Enjoy the time with family!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ktmdudeone View Post
    If I may make a small suggestion. If it is possible you should make a set of them right when they came out of the paint booth and then a set of them all weathered.
    Ok I will do that. Im using just the default paint program cus my computer died a couple weeks ago and havent got all my programs back. So the clean version will have to do.

Having lots of fun deck landin in fsx.....

T

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Great progress there TG

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Having lots of fun deck landin in fsx.....

T
    Wish I could do that T
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

TG that looks great. I must say 72 looks much better here than when I was parking them Fox for the Canyon Fire in Kern County