SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 37
Page 37 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2729303132333435363738394041424344454787 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

I must say Milton has alot of patience to put up with us.. especially me and all my requests! haha but you have captured this aircraft's shape better than anyone else could have! :salute:

Quite a family gathering!

Cheers: t

While You Wait, Try This ...

Waiting is sometimes hard so I am pre-releasing a WIP package for your guys.

For you race fans out there, some dirt track pedal-to-the-metal sliding and kickin' up the clay.

This 427 C.I. Ford Pinto was put together to give us a way to get some boundaryless rip-snortin' pedal to the metal fun out of the sim.
    She is fast, furious, and a ball to "fly" once you get the hang of kickin' her through the corners. Sounds are authentic Winston Cup car sounds, and she will get your heart racing.

Simple install, unzip, copy folder to sim, FS9 or FSX works for me here (FSX SP2, DX9).

Has both 2D and VC cockpits.

Read the Installation.txt though as there are helpful tips.
    Turn off crash detection and go have fun!

You might even get in front of the car in spot view just to watch the wishbone suspension in action.

A few shots in the sim during development and testing.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/mas/Pinto.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

What a great collaborative effort, a big thank you to all members of the team. It's been educational watching this come together and made me realize how much work really goes into development for FS. When the "Fab Five" are released it is going to be one of those must have packages.

Looking forward to many wave-offs as I learn to land the C-1A.

Al

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

time gentlemen please...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    On August 1st, the SOH Team Members (all of you), started this project (first gmax poly to get laid) and now on October 23rd, we have some great contributors working hard to bring this to fruition. Most of the modeling is now done except for a few tweaks here and there. Painters are busy in the UK, maybe Greece, California and Florida, panel and gauge design is rushing along behind the scenes in N. Carolina, (thank you Scott Thomas), sounds have been vibrating windows from Greece to Alaska (thank you Nigel), and the flight models have been developed all over the world from Alaska to Singapore and points in between (thank you Fliger747).

The pilots were "born" in the Netherlands (thank you Javis) and the first paint kit in the UK (or was that Greece then) (thank you Matt and simkid22). Lots of assistance came quietly from behind the scenes in the forms of drawings, manuals, and pictures. Thank you guys; you know who you are. Some of you trekked back and forth to/from the airports or museums to get reference pictures. All of this was key in getting as realistic as possible within the constraints.

Let's not forget the S2F-1! That will be the creme de la creme! It will come a little bit later as Javis does his magic as only he can do. I am really looking forward to that one.

Now that I am not holding up progress with modeling, things are poppin'. We should see some amazing stuff s........... in a while.

We are not close to beta yet. That will come once we have the final flight models, panels, gauges, textures, effects and some basic docs in place; maybe a month. {shrug}
    Meanwhile, this may be my last chance to show off the five models in their mapped colors. Every model is of course unique. Although they look similar, I assure you that each wing, tail, fuselage, interior, belly and flight models are different. If you do painting for more than one model, you will see that each has its own character. Also throwing in one for interest.

Thanks everyone for helping to get this far, this fast.
    As I've said many times before; Thankyou Sir!

Heh Team! The boss has just given us work/breathing space, We can't turn down an opportunity like this to push every thing to the limits!

I for one, am disappearing back to my little valley for another week to get wok done, but I leave this message to all of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4j8iWu-OI
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

αντίο φίλος, speak to you at the weekend, i've got a new paint hangar to erect it seems....

Nick is AWOL so i'm back to full scale production, should have updates soon for y'all :salute:

my view as a team we are all 'Heroes', Elena Paparizou *Drools*, as the song says "To all the heroes, the rush of emotions, In this high and low, ah-ay-ah let's go! To all the heroes, we celebrate our nations,Let the whole world know, ah-ay-ah let's go! To all the heroes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO4xhlDCgM&

on another note, anyone got a 3-view for the S-2T?

Milton my S2F-3 folder was lost when PC died during the week (yet again, 6th time it's died this year) any chance you can send it over? or if another member has it with the new mapping layout they can throw it over?

much obliged.... lets do this chaps! :salute:

いや~まいった!
    It's a very impressive project, from the hard work of Milton and the hard work of all the members who have come together, I cannot wait to see the continuation of this project.

I will be proud to fly this, it's not just because of the high-quality, it's also because of the great procedure of coming together as a community, and it has made these planes come to life.

I cannot offer much, but my (digital) paintbrushes and spray-cans are ready to paint, and I await patiently this chance!
    日本頑張って!
    この飛行機野郎からで~す
    春日部市、埼玉県、日本

Question

Hiya,

Started working on the C-1A paintkit, have a question though. Is there any one with some "official" drawing or sketches of the panel-lines of the fuselage? (less important wings, got enough info/details on the engine/nacells)

Thx,

Marcel

Marcel, i had issues finding drawings, i had to look at photos and keep duplicating layers and adjusting layer settings till i could see them for the 'Stoof with a Roof' i could take a look if you wanted? not much else i can do till i get the base bits back from Milton....:salute:

Blog Entries

Panel lines and details

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hiya,

Started working on the C-1A paintkit, have a question though. Is there any one with some "official" drawing or sketches of the panel-lines of the fuselage? (less important wings, got enough info/details on the engine/nacells)

Thx,

Marcel
    I will forward some line drawings for you at my earliest convenience...

Carlos

while i remember Gaucho, you asked about my profile art, heres a sample i found on my photobucket, forgive the scale this was for a friend (incomplete in this image), gonna re-visit it soon :salute: going to profile the Tracker/Tracer i think

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    As I've said many times before; Thankyou Sir!

Heh Team! The boss has just given us work/breathing space, We can't turn down an opportunity like this to push every thing to the limits!

I for one, am disappearing back to my little valley for another week to get wok done, but I leave this message to all of you...
    Thank you for all your involvement Nigel. The sounds are just window-rattling awesome! Have a safe week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    on another note, anyone got a 3-view for the S-2T?

Milton my S2F-3 folder was lost when PC died during the week (yet again, 6th time it's died this year) any chance you can send it over? or if another member has it with the new mapping layout they can throw it over?

much obliged.... lets do this chaps! :salute:
    Matt, I will re-send what I have in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbeak View Post
    It's a very impressive project, from the hard work of Milton and the hard work of all the members who have come together, I cannot wait to see the continuation of this project.

I will be proud to fly this, it's not just because of the high-quality, it's also because of the great procedure of coming together as a community, and it has made these planes come to life.

I cannot offer much, but my (digital) paintbrushes and spray-cans are ready to paint, and I await patiently this chance!
    LB, and for that sir, we are most appreciative. Thank you.

Hiya,

Thx,

Marcel
    Check PMs for everything I have in the way of drawings, side views, and profiles. Hopefully will help. Thanks.
    Also, I have lots of reference pictures from the web if you need them.

Marcel, i had issues finding drawings, i had to look at photos and keep duplicating layers and adjusting layer settings till i could see them for the 'Stoof with a Roof' i could take a look if you wanted? not much else i can do till i get the base bits back from Milton....:salute:
    It's something we all have to deal with in this hobby, modeling is no different. Just gotta give it your best shot while combing hundreds of pics. That's what eats away at the development time but it is necessary. I feel for ya on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I will forward some line drawings for you at my earliest convenience...

Carlos
    You guys check your PMs for all I have in 3-views, side views, cutaways, and profiles.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Panel lines and details

Hiya,

Thx,

Marcel
    In short notice, this is the best I can do for you... but it is accurate as to placement

Attachment 50583

Need Input Regarding Co-Pilot in VC

I am interested to know your thoughts about using the co-pilot figure in the VC.

Your thoughts, pro and con for an interesting discussion of views.

Or, click to hide?

Meanwhile, I had forgotten to remap the S2F-3 for a hi-res fuselage. That is now done.
    I also must do the S2Turbo-Military variant in hi-res. {sigh} Never an end to it all. :salute:

I have also remapped all the fuselage attached antennas to be individually textured.
    I have also adjusted nose gear lengths and flight models to give us a little more "squat" sitting on the tarmac or deck.

Lastly, adding the Javis pilots to all the aircraft.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Speaking for myself,I like the option to "hide" the copilot if I feel like having the flight deck all to myself.

Joel(HorusJ)

I have not been around for a while, my Dad is really ill at the moment, but I just wanted to express my thanks for the work everyone is doing.

If I can be of any help at all let me know, just as long as the jobs are not urgent!

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Westcott View Post
    I have not been around for a while, my Dad is really ill at the moment, but I just wanted to express my thanks for the work everyone is doing.

If I can be of any help at all let me know, just as long as the jobs are not urgent!

Keep up the good work.
    Thank you Richard.

I am saddened to hear about your Dad. I will keep him and you in my thoughts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Wheels

Here are textures on the wheel work I mentioned in my PM to you...
    (the jpgs used are great pics... but they have the problem of all photos... the lighting is from one side... and I thought perhaps
    the wheels would look better modelled as neutral illustrations rather than off-center pics)

Attachment 50598Attachment 50599

These textures a done and ready to go...

Carlos

Blog Entries

Greece...

Hey Guys! yes i'm back from Greece and already downloading everything i can find that may be of use texturing... standing by for when needed! :salute:
    Quel domage... I am going on a trip to Ciprus,Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, and will wind up in Athens at the "Interconti"...
    It would have been such a pleasure to meet in person a member of the SOH project and profile enthusiast!!!
    Maybe next time.... I was in Israel last month... but did not stop in Athens...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Here are textures on the wheel work I mentioned in my PM to you...
    (the jpgs used are great pics... but they have the problem of all photos... the lighting is from one side... and I thought perhaps
    the wheels would look better modelled as neutral illustrations rather than off-center pics)

Attachment 50598Attachment 50599

These textures a done and ready to go...

Carlos
    Thanks so much. Downloaded, converted to 32 bit, and active in the 5 folders. I appreciate that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

As a reminder, there are plenty of reference pic on the web, and I have plenty here. TG is a great source for turbo pics.

Just ask if you need something.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Fantastic!

while i remember Gaucho, you asked about my profile art, heres a sample i found on my photobucket, forgive the scale this was for a friend (incomplete in this image), gonna re-visit it soon :salute: going to profile the Tracker/Tracer i think

Love the way you got the spotweld seams... Masterful job!
    :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Waiting is sometimes hard so I am pre-releasing a WIP package for your guys.

For you race fans out there, some dirt track pedal-to-the-metal sliding and kickin' up the clay.

This 427 C.I. Ford Pinto was put together to give us a way to get some boundaryless rip-snortin' pedal to the metal fun out of the sim.
    She is fast, furious, and a ball to "fly" once you get the hang of kickin' her through the corners. Sounds are authentic Winston Cup car sounds, and she will get your heart racing.

Simple install, unzip, copy folder to sim, FS9 or FSX works for me here (FSX SP2, DX9).

Has both 2D and VC cockpits.

Read the Installation.txt though as there are helpful tips.
    Turn off crash detection and go have fun!

You might even get in front of the car in spot view just to watch the wishbone suspension in action.

A few shots in the sim during development and testing.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/mas/Pinto.zip
    LOL!!! What a Screamer!! The ATC bloke in the tower was throughally steamed after I got through chewing up the grass and racing up and down the runways in that thing. There isn't an airplane that'll beat that car off the line... and it's "roll-proof".

Sadly, I can only watch as the Grumman Tracker Project comes along in its development. 'Bout the only thing I can do is fly them, once they are finished. Enjoying slow flights and sight-seeing in the AT-11, chasing Cessna's down in the Tigercat, fishing trips and bush flying in the D-18 Float Plane, and long lofty commutes from Townsville to Cairns in the Howard.

Thanks Milton!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Small update, repaintkit of the Trader is slowly progressing, taking more time than i expected.

First preview of the nose (inside of the nose-wheel doors is done aswell:

Quizzzzz: does anyone know the serial and squadron of this bird... ;-)

Marcel