SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 117
Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107109110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Not sure what you are asking for Dave, but we do have an "88" on the FSX side.

ok that looks great...but id like to have T-89 itself....i want to "be" hoser fling 89,i dont know how hard it would be to change the number from 88 to 89?....

both 88 and 89 are base in my area (Grass Valley) and i see them all summer long.

and sometimes i refer to them as "eight-eight" and "eight - nine" same as air attack 230...is said "Two-three-zero",this is how they are called over the radio communication.like when dispatching a fire,they start out
    "air attack two three zero,tankers eight eight, eight nine, battalion twenty three eleven,engines "twentythree eighty eight","twentythree eighty nine" (plus three more engines) Dozer "twentythree forty",tender "twentythree ninety"

anyhow i would just like to have T89.......

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ok that looks great...but id like to have T-89 itself....i want to "be" hoser fling 89,i dont know how hard it would be to change the number from 88 to 89?....

both 88 and 89 are base in my area (Grass Valley) and i see them all summer long.

and sometimes i refer to them as "eight-eight" and "eight - nine" same as air attack 230...is said "Two-three-zero",this is how they are called over the radio communication.like when dispatching a fire,they start out
    "air attack two three zero,tankers eight eight, eight nine, battalion twenty three eleven,engines "twentythree eighty eight","twentythree eighty nine" (plus three more engines) Dozer "twentythree forty",tender "twentythree ninety"

anyhow i would just like to have T89.......
    FSX or FS9 format?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

FSX or FS9 format?

FSX if possible......thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    FSX if possible......thank you
    Since these textures were done by Firekitten, I'll ask her to look at this thread. She is very busy so no promises.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

ok..i appreciate it,heres a couple shots of the real T89.note the "Grass Valley" above the calfire badge under the pilots window...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1708.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1710.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	712.9 KB 
ID:	791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1711.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	568.3 KB 
ID:	792

my dad is the guy on the right,in the funny hat,in the middle pic.

Panel Updates for the FS9 Versions of the ...

Attached are panel updates for the FS9 CDF and CIV (CONAIR) tanker versions.

This adds a Prop Reverse warning and Altitude Selector for the AP to the panels.

Simply unzip and and copy paste the two files (an annunciator folder and panel.cfg) into its respective panel folder.

Also attaching a basic minimum check list in pdf format for your perusal.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attached are panel updates for the FS9 CDF and CIV (CONAIR) tanker versions.

This adds a Prop Reverse warning and Altitude Selector for the AP to the panels.

Simply unzip and and copy paste the two files (an annunciator folder and panel.cfg) into its respective panel folder.

Also attaching a basic minimum check list in pdf format for your perusal.
    Great, thank you once again!
    Sascha

Hi Milton,

Thanks very much for the updates. Brilliant!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Working on brand new textures. Trying to be as accurate as possible.

Name:	IMG_78538093094600.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	1443

Panel updates for the grumman tracker

Thanks Milton, however, I cannot seem to access them or copy them complete. They arrive in my PC as 'php' docs which I cannot access. Perhaps you could send them on a PM as attachments?
    Rgds
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Working on brand new textures. Trying to be as accurate as possible.

Name:	IMG_78538093094600.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	1443
    Looking great TG72 :-) Is this the S2AT?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking great TG72 :-) Is this the S2AT?
    It's the S -2T CDF version I totally re did it. I am gonna work on the AT after.

Name:	IMG_86311588531491.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	1530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_86307374816893.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	1531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_86286569427489.jpeg 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	1532

It's the S -2T CDF version I totally re did it. I am gonna work on the AT after.

Oh, okay, I see now. Sounds great TG72 :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Love these paint schemes - keep 'em coming TG!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thanks! What is controls the white parts (antennas, hinges, tail skid) for the _t textures?

Maybe I just missed something, but how do I open the bomb bay doors in the FSX S-2T military version? According to the readme it should be exit 2, but that does extend the radome in my case. And there are only two exits in the cfg file, meaning the main entrance and the radome.
    Can I open the bomb bay?

Cheers,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Maybe I just missed something, but how do I open the bomb bay doors in the FSX S-2T military version? According to the readme it should be exit 2, but that does extend the radome in my case. And there are only two exits in the cfg file, meaning the main entrance and the radome.
    Can I open the bomb bay?

Cheers,

Seawing
    SW,

The FS9 version used the cargo door command for the bomb bay doors and used the Concorde Nose Extend command for the radome, MADboom, and retracting antenna.

However, in FSX, the Concorde Nose command does not work.

I am attaching a revised FSX model that changes the radome, MADboom, and retracting antenna to open using the cargo door command (shft+E, 2). Our previous FSX releases were changed to work this way but I overlooked this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

ok, so from your post I deduce, that it is at present not possible to open the bomb bay door in FSX, correct? Would the water rudder assignment be a possibility? Or use of more doors - I think there can easily be used up to four door assignments in FSX? Or is there a restriction due to the original FS9 model?

And another question, now that the Turbo-versions are out. Any chance in the Brasilian Turbo Trader? With or without in-flight refueling option?

Keep it up!

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Milton,<br>
    <br>
    ok, so from your post I deduce, that it is at present not possible to open the bomb bay door in FSX, correct? Would the water rudder assignment be a possibility? Or use of more doors - I think there can easily be used up to four door assignments in FSX? Or is there a restriction due to the original FS9 model?<br>
    <br>
    And another question, now that the Turbo-versions are out. Any chance in the Brasilian Turbo Trader? With or without in-flight refueling option?<br>
    <br>
    Keep it up!<br>
    <br>
    Seawing
    <br>
    <br>SW, I would be happy to modify the model to allow opening of the bomb bay doors for you. &nbsp;There is no armament in the bay since it is not droppable with effect. &nbsp;In the past, most suggested nullifying the doors for this reason.<br>
    <br>I'll post a modified model here shortly with animated doors. &nbsp;I can add the torpedo if you wish but not droppable.<br><br>Let me know.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here is what the FSX version would look like with open doors and other stuff deployed; torpedo in the bay.

Tried to limit doors to cargo doors 4 but all named cargo 1,2,3,4 open at same time.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

great! From my personel perspective - but that's just me - I like the opening doors (with or without the torpedo or depth charges; I use the torpedo and sonobuoy drop effects by Lazarus). I would also prefer to have the MAD boom animation independent from the radom, as you know, the MAD is more for the low flying closing on the contact only. But again, that's just me. So, if you can modify the model, I would be very greatful, but I don't want to overstress you.

Best regards,

Seawing

Oh, before I forget, I also had a problem launching from the carrier in FSX (in this case off Clemenceau). When activatig the catapult the aircraft started jumping. I could neither launch nor disengage the cat. I went into slewing mode to detach the aircraft from the cat. Also the blast pad and deck crew were not activated. I did not yet try another carrier. Is this a known issue? Did I do something wrong? I checked the aircraft.cfg file, but there the [launch assist] section is present.

Seawing

[EDIT]
    Sorry, seems to have been a singular issue. tried several carriers with several cats today and all worked fine!
    Last edited by seawing; December 27th, 2013 at 12:29.

Quick thread bump:

Are the FSX Native versions of the Cal Fire Tankers still in the plans? I recently switched over to P3D and would love to get the S-2T's installed again!

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Quick thread bump:

Are the FSX Native versions of the Cal Fire Tankers still in the plans? I recently switched over to P3D and would love to get the S-2T's installed again!
    Malibu, check over at the FSX forum. Euroastar350 was doing the conversions so you need to check with him on status or if he is planning to do them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Malibu, check over at the FSX forum. Euroastar350 was doing the conversions so you need to check with him on status or if he is planning to do them.
    Thanks. Will do.