SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 113
Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1363103105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

It says there are FSX port over versions available, does that mean they're out or they're otw?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    It says there are FSX port over versions available, does that mean they're out or they're otw?
    SD,

I hope to have at the military one out Monday. There are some problems with the retardant effects that I need to sort through in FSX. The effects work okay but the weight and retardant do not empty from the tanks as the programming works differently in FSX. That is one holdup for now.

Additionally, we are working to improve some textures on the FSX side and that may take a couple days.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something as I've been looking forward to these TP versions for a while.

A massive thank you to all concerned in this project, looks and sounds amazing!:salute:

Allen

Blog Entries

ARA 25 de Mayo!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Uploading the Military variant now with two excellent paint schemes by Dave Stewart.

It's the S2T textures and Rachel's panel work that really sets these turbo units apart.
    Thank you Rachel.

Nigel's sounds were done especially for these units. Thank you Nigel

EDIT: Awaiting approval for this to work: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17659

EDIT2: APPROVED and READY to Download
    The name ARA (Armada Argentina) 21 de Mayo would be akin to call some historical name in the US like the "4th of July" the 2nd or 3rd of July
    Fortunately, though it is a glaring error demonstrating total lack of historical knowledge, it is an easy enough one to correct...
    Please, change 21 de Mayo to read 25 de MAYO on the tail stenciling!

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    The name ARA (Armada Argentina) 21 de Mayo would be akin to call some historical name in the US like the "4th of July" the 2nd or 3rd of July
    Fortunately, though it is a glaring error demonstrating total lack of historical knowledge, it is an easy enough one to correct...
    Please, change 21 de Mayo to read 25 de MAYO on the tail stenciling!

Glaring huh?

May 25 was the final day of the May Revolution, but the individual days hold equal significance... as does the 21st as a significant turning point.
    Fact is, if you look at that photograph, it clearly shows '21 de Mayo' on the tail. NOT the 25th. Each aircraft in that squadron is marked with a different date within the revolutionary war... Want to tell them they're wrong?

Do some research before you accuse people of glaring errors demonstrating total lack of historical knowledge.

Just uploaded the Grumman Turbo Tracker civilian CONAIR version with PT6A engines, awaiting approval.

This replaces the earlier shared WIP version from last weekend.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17662

Thanks to Marcel Ritzema for this awesome texture. :-)

EDIT: APPROVED and READY to Download
    In this quote above and in the readme and Credits text, I mistakenly credited the wrong person for this paint scheme. Martial "Ferondoe" FERON is the copyright holder and artist who blessed us with these beautiful textures. My apologies to Marty for my mistake. Man, getting old is not for "sissies".

Marty, please forgive me. I have corrected the two uploads in the descriptions but will need to update the archives. I will do this after any issues arise that need to be corrected.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

My apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Glaring huh?

May 25 was the final day of the May Revolution, but the individual days hold equal significance... as does the 21st as a significant turning point.
    Fact is, if you look at that photograph, it clearly shows '21 de Mayo' on the tail. NOT the 25th. Each aircraft in that squadron is marked with a different date within the revolutionary war... Want to tell them they're wrong?

Do some research before you accuse people of glaring errors demonstrating total lack of historical knowledge.
    2,550 perdones porteños ... no te me calentes..... simpatico "gringuito"...
    I was not aware that each aircraft had different stenciling... as you can see from this picture the name of the ship is to commemorate
    the 25th of May date... and I thought wrong...
    But don't be defensive... there was no intention of "accusing"... just to clarify....
    I have seen other pics with the ARA 25th of May stenciling...
    Lighten up Jack!

Blog Entries

Request...

In this quote above and in the readme and Credits text, I mistakenly credited the wrong person for this paint scheme. Martial "Ferondoe" FERON is the copyright holder and artist who blessed us with these beautiful textures. My apologies to Marty for my mistake. Man, getting old is not for "sissies".

Marty, please forgive me. I have corrected the two uploads in the descriptions but will need to update the archives. I will do this after any issues arise that need to be corrected.
    In the photo you posted... the aircraft number is clearly 21... but the stenciling on the vertical stabilizer is not very clear...
    Can you post a picture that clearly shows the stenciling ARA 21 de Mayo?
    As a good boy (76 year old porteño from the past) I am doing my research as you so kindly suggested to respond in erudite kind... From my earliest recollections in life.. ARA Comodoro Rivadavia,etc, for example,
    was the designation for the ship... so I am extremely curious now to know... why they used ARA 21 de Mayo...in the tail codes [I don't think Argentina ever had a ship by that name...] being that said tail fin
    markings are fairly standardized and show the name of the mother ship... in, for example, the US NAVY and other navies.
    We say in Spanish... "De la discusion nace la luz" (e.g. From discussion surges the light) So, truly imbued with a desire for knowledge... I want to get to the bottom of this...
    Humbly,
    gaucho_59

In the photo you posted... the aircraft number is clearly 21... but the stenciling on the vertical stabilizer is not very clear...
    As a good boy (76 year old porteño from the past) I am doing my research as you so kindly suggested to respond in erudite kind... From my earliest recollections in life.. ARA Comodoro Rivadavia,etc, for example,
    was the designation for the ship... so I am extremely curious now to know... why they used ARA 21 de Mayo...in the tail codes [I don't think Argentina ever had a ship by that name...] being that said tail fin
    markings are fairly standardized and show the name of the mother ship... in, for example, the US NAVY and other navies.
    We say in Spanish... "De la discusion nace la luz" (e.g. From discussion surges the light) So, truly imbued with a desire for knowledge... I want to get to the bottom of this...
    Humbly,
    gaucho_59
    Hello Gaucho,

Having enlarged that part of the photo it definitely says ARA 21 de Mayo. There's no way the "1"can be confused with a "5".

Cheers,
    Maarten

Humbly,
    gaucho_59
    As I mentioned earlier... the ship they were on was the 25 de mayo... the aircraft in the embarked tracker squadron had different dates from the revolutionary war on...

SD,

I hope to have at the military one out Monday. There are some problems with the retardant effects that I need to sort through in FSX. The effects work okay but the weight and retardant do not empty from the tanks as the programming works differently in FSX. That is one holdup for now.

Additionally, we are working to improve some textures on the FSX side and that may take a couple days.
    Big kudos to you, Milton! Your hard work to create these addons AND create two versions to work in two different versions of FS are MUCH appreciated!

Hello Gaucho,

Just found this photo (attached) on the internet of the particular Turbo Tracker. Turns out that I was wrong and you are right. Indeed ARA 25 de Mayo. The five is a very narrow painted one.
    My apologies.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Blog Entries

Further clarification...

As I mentioned earlier... the ship they were on was the 25 de mayo... the aircraft in the embarked tracker squadron had different dates from the revolutionary war on...
    As I stated earlier... the nomenclature ARA + NAME... IS THE NAME OF THE SHIP IN THE ARGENTINE NAVY... LIKE USS Franklin, HMS Furious, etc.
    There is no ARA 2i de Mayo in the Argentine Navy...
    Furthermore, as per your different days of the revolution of May rationale... etc.
    the number 23 aircraft.. should read ARA 23 de Mayo...
    Well, carefully examine the attached photo... it quite obviously says ARA 25 de Mayo in the vertical tail fin...and the number on the side of the landing gear door is 23..
    The picture you posted has a clear 21 on the gear door... but the tail fin in not clear at all...
    Following your logic... the picture I am attaching does not jive...
    Pray tell... give some enlightening words ... (Especially since the nomenclature ARA in the Argentine Navy is ONLY used like USS, HMS, HMAS, ad nauseam
    Although I lived in Buenos Aires until I came to the US to go to medical school in 1959... I was familiar with military subjects... (btw I never had to be drafted there because
    I always held Uruguayan citizenship...)
    Like I said before, I would really want to know the short and the long of this thing... .lol

Here is a close up.
    Sorry Firekitten, Dave. I wouldn't have noticed. :redf:

As I stated earlier... the nomenclature ARA + NAME... IS THE NAME OF THE SHIP IN THE ARGENTINE NAVY... LIKE USS Franklin, HMS Furious, etc.
    There is no ARA 2i de Mayo in the Argentine Navy...
    Furthermore, as per your different days of the revolution of May rationale... etc.
    the number 23 aircraft.. should read ARA 23 de Mayo...
    Well, carefully examine the attached photo... it quite obviously says ARA 25 de Mayo in the vertical tail fin...and the number on the side of the landing gear door is 23..
    The picture you posted has a clear 21 on the gear door... but the tail fin in not clear at all...
    Following your logic... the picture I am attaching does not jive...
    Pray tell... give some enlightening words ... (Especially since the nomenclature ARA in the Argentine Navy is ONLY used like USS, HMS, HMAS, ad nauseam
    Although I lived in Buenos Aires until I came to the US to go to medical school in 1959... I was familiar with military subjects... (btw I never had to be drafted there because
    I always held Uruguayan citizenship...)
    Like I said before, I would really want to know the short and the long of this thing... .lol
    I didn't say it had anything to do with the aircraft number...
    The photograph shows a 21 on the tail... 21 de mayo... prove me wrong please... or be quiet.

Blog Entries

Young feller....

Sometimes... "us old fogies" are RIGHT... I now deem it in order to rescind my apologies...

If you read further down...
    ... No harm done... but the voice of experience catches stuff that is obvious ... but not so to the inexperienced... (that means "foreigner of sorts" in this controversy...)
    I am a retired field grade US Army Medical officer...and as a young pup... many times had to "place brain in gear and remove foot from mouth"...
    Though born to Uruguayan parents, I lived in Argentina many years before I went to the US... and some things like
    this that are blatantly erroneous... I can "catch on the fly"
    I don't know who gave you this "song and dance" about the 5 days of the revolution but,
    believe you me... it is as we say in the US... "bosta de toro"...in Spanish or "merda di toro" in Italian and you know the English for it.
    I feel vindicated now... and as you suggested... I did my research... a posteriori if you will... but I sincerely didn't think I had
    too research something that any "red blooded" porteño knows... and, without blemishing your expertise, you really could not be expected to know... :salute:

Blog Entries

Furthermore....

I didn't say it had anything to do with the aircraft number...
    The photograph shows a 21 on the tail... 21 de mayo... prove me wrong please... or be quiet.
    I think Maarten above told you... it is time for you to accept you were wrong... and remain... VERY QUIET...
    and as a good measure... APOLOGIZE... like I DID when you told me to do research before I opine... etc. [since I didn't know
    whether you were right] (Mine was not a criticism... it was pure fact!)
    The name of the game is NOT to prove anyone wrong.... but alas... as I said before... DE LA DISCUSION NACE LA LUZ...
    Sophistry cannot possibly bring light on any subject... I accepted your comment (albeit quite petulant) and humbly went to do my research...
    So... the point is to find out the truth... not to prove anyone WRONG... [I did a rotation in Psychiatry during my internship... and found
    out a few things about my young self as well... especially when it comes to defensive reactions... one loses sight of the subject and tries to strike back...feels under attack... not a good way to search the truth or communicate]
    My pointing out the blatant error was not to prove anyone WRONG... it was merely to RIGHT A WRONG.. as we say in the vernacular...
    Short of a little statement like... "I didn't have my ducks in a row... YOU did".... there should be nothing further to add and call the quest successfully completed... (We now know it should be 25 instead of 21 in the tail)
    If you choose to be a man from Missouri... (the "show me State") so be it... Happy trails..

The photograph I posted had a 21 on the tail...

And I'm not a man.

Back on topic...

Night lighting done

Gaucho, Firekitten, and myself,

Indeed, let's go back to the joy of the release of these beautiful Turbo Trackers and all the amazing work that has been put into it by so many great artists (including you, Firekitten!) and then shared.

Let's have a drink for each other, forget this hitch, and celebrate the awesome result of a great team.

Screenie looks fab!

Peace,
    Maarten

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2&d=1354908788

If you look at post #2581, you will see the pics on which this scheme was based. Easy to see how a 5 or a 1 could be gleaned from them.

Working on the FSX Port Over versions. May well have the military release out by day's end although I will likely await Firekitten's updated gauge back-lighting textures.

The retardant drop setup is not playing nice and I will need to contact the gauge's author.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

I apologize for calling you a man...

I think Maarten above told you... it is time for you to accept you were wrong... and remain... VERY QUIET...
    and as a good measure... APOLOGIZE... like I DID when you told me to do research before I opine... etc. [since I didn't know
    whether you were right] (Mine was not a criticism... it was pure fact!)
    The name of the game is NOT to prove anyone wrong.... but alas... as I said before... DE LA DISCUSION NACE LA LUZ...
    Sophistry cannot possibly bring light on any subject... I accepted your comment (albeit quite petulant) and humbly went to do my research...
    So... the point is to find out the truth... not to prove anyone WRONG... [I did a rotation in Psychiatry during my internship... and found
    out a few things about my young self as well... especially when it comes to defensive reactions... one loses sight of the subject and tries to strike back...feels under attack... not a good way to search the truth or communicate]
    My pointing out the blatant error was not to prove anyone WRONG... it was merely to RIGHT A WRONG.. as we say in the vernacular...
    Short of a little statement like... "I didn't have my ducks in a row... YOU did".... there should be nothing further to add and call the quest successfully completed... (We now know it should be 25 instead of 21 in the tail)
    If you choose to be a man from Missouri... (the "show me State") so be it... Happy trails..
    If you choose to be a "lady" from Missouri...so be it... OK?

You don't get it, do you? The name of the game is not "the last one left standing"... ie: I apologize to you... I was in error... you are a lady not a man... this old guy just assumes I am a man...etc.
    The point of it is to admit I was right... that simple...! and you still do not seem to be able to bring yourself to that simple a thing...
    Like... he is the one in error.... NO, NO, and again NO... I was in error calling you a MAN... but that does not mean I was in error about the 25 de Mayo... that is sophistry... and god knows we got Obama
    to do that job... or Beaner, Pelosi, etc.
    Nothing changes the fact that you jumped the gun.... you were way out line with this stuff about the 21 of May.... and the 5 days of the revolution.... Maarten just showed you the picture...
    In sum, WHAT I CALLED A BLATANT ERROR... STILL IS A BLATANT ERROR... and it does not mean I impugned Maarten in any way... just what he did was in error... NOT HIM!!!
    When someone says... you were wrong... IT DOES NOT MEAN... YOU ARE WRONG... get a grip on things... look beyond the words and how they hit your sensitivities...
    there might be gold in them there hills... don't judge a book by its cover...and other clichés ad nauseam
    I don't want you to apologize to me... just admit you misjudged me... (basically, a guy who opines and does not do his research...) Obviously, you do your research... but add 2+2 and come up with 5...
    I don't research stuff I already know.... but if a "doubting Thomas"... oh... excuse me... doubting Tomasa? so requires to accept my "conseil" I humbly go looking for what's needed to back up my statement...
    I never for a second doubted I was wrong... [in the meantime... I APOLOGIZED...you could be right... then when I got the "goods", I presented them and said: "I rescind my apology... YOU were wrong" ... it is the best way one covers one's arse
    while you go get the stuff that proves you right...]
    Did you notice how Maarten put an end to it... "Gaucho...you were right... and I was wrong"... it is that simple...
    I hope you end up thinking... I learned something today... from some old fart... rather than "I showed him"... because your really only showed me I was careless with my use of genders...
    Ciao for now...Bella... (after all Italians are gallant by definition.. jeje)

/

Okay friends, time to get back on topic here. Enough said. Take it off line please. This has been a great thread for 2 years; let's keep it that way. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow!

Shees!

Last time I flew most of these models was during the soundpack development - way back.
    Man, have these birds taken on life;

Slick texture artistry; I honestly couldn't choose a favourite, each flavour simply delicious.

I would like to make a special thanks to Tom Falley - his dilligent work on the flight models is incredible.
    Flying these aircraft is a delightful challenge, demanding skilled coordination of rudder/ailerons as in real life.

And...Milton; you've done it again, Sir!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

TURBO TRACKERS

Thank you to everyone in this great production. Milton as usual has displayed management and leadership skills that inspire support and loyal followers. Without your 'bigness' Milton, this project would have petered out like so many I have watched on other web sites and their forums.

You have all demonstrated craftsmanship of the highest order in all of the disciplines involved. The sheer work and time given by you all, without the reward of any financial gain, show the true altruism in all of us. We the receivers feel good from receiving your work, you the givers get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with giving without expecting reward.

Thanks again many times over.

Mal