SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 107
Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 7579799100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Howdy guys,

Does anyone by any chance have the paintkit for the S2F1 Stoof by Steve Bryant? Looked everywhere for it to no avail. Recieved the gmax sources from Milton this morning for the FSX native conversion and I need the kit to create the bump maps and speculars. Credit will be given to their respective authors

On a side note. After the S2F1 is done and completed, what G7 series aircraft would you guys like to see converted to FSX native? Also, the Dash 7 may possibly be getting the FSX treatment as well, it's an ongoing discussion and the result will be given later this week.

Thanks guys
    euroastar350, look on the page linked below, about half way down.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Blog Entries
    Thank you kindly Steve. FSX conversion finished, just need to apply bumps and spec maps which was the final step

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Just a heads-up. I am preparing 4 S2Turbo models for release this weekend, or sooner.

These includes a military version with 2 textures by p3aewguy, a civilian version with CONAIR textures by Marcel, and tanker version with 3 textures by Tankerguy72.

There is another version just created this past weekend, the S2A short bodied Turbo for CDF 180 that will be available when the textures are ready.

There is an additional version for FSX awaiting some panel/gauge work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just a heads-up. I am preparing 4 S2Turbo models for release this weekend, or sooner.

These includes a military version with 2 textures by p3aewguy, a civilian version with CONAIR textures by Marcel, and tanker version with 3 textures by Tankerguy72.

There is another version just created this past weekend, the S2A short bodied Turbo for CDF 180 that will be available when the textures are ready.

There is an additional version for FSX awaiting some panel/gauge work.

Fantastic!!! Radial are my bag, but these have props and I like the way they look! Thanks Milton, p3aewguy, Marcel, Tankerguy72 and anyone else involved!!! :salute:

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Man! Those look GREAT!! Thanks, Y'all!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Those look great! Thanks so much!

Maybe eurostar350 can fast track these to the top of the FSX conversion list...

SUPERB TURBO-TRACKER FROM MILTON AND HIS TEAM

Thank you Milton and Team for another superb example of the modeller's arts.

The results have been worth the wait for sure! Modelling the turbo-prop a/c in FS9 has always looked tricky, but your visual efforts are certainly outstanding. As a complete tyro in this area and not wanting to appear patronising in any way, I do believe that you and the SOH team members achieve an amazingly professional level of expertise over all of the flt sim disciplines.

Thanks again guys, you give great support to loads of us out here in all kinds of ways - and in FS9 too!

Rgds

Mal

I think my version of the Marsh S2T Turbo tracker (CDF) is the one waiting gauges... I tried to do them myself but I'm not good enough... so there should be another three schemes for that bird! (Textures were 2048 but I think Milt can resize them for fs9 too )

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    I think my version of the Marsh S2T Turbo tracker (CDF) is the one waiting gauges... I tried to do them myself but I'm not good enough... so there should be another three schemes for that bird! (Textures were 2048 but I think Milt can resize them for fs9 too )
    These huge and pointy engines and the sleek rump of this girl in her beautiful body paint turn me on something!

Sascha

Thanks to Milton and the SOH Team for the release of these beautiful models. I certainly will enjoy flying them... and putting them through their paces. Those sleek engine nacelle profiles really change the overall look of the ol' Stoof... despite those long straight wings, fat vertical stab, and short stubby fuselage... she looks fast.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Those look great! Thanks so much!

Maybe eurostar350 can fast track these to the top of the FSX conversion list...
    He already has the tankers as a WIP.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    These huge and pointy engines and the sleek rump of this girl in her beautiful body paint turn me on something!

Sascha
    Best if you leave the hot loading to the ground crew...

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Thank you Milton and Team for another superb example of the modeller's arts.

The results have been worth the wait for sure! Modelling the turbo-prop a/c in FS9 has always looked tricky, but your visual efforts are certainly outstanding. As a complete tyro in this area and not wanting to appear patronising in any way, I do believe that you and the SOH team members achieve an amazingly professional level of expertise over all of the flt sim disciplines.

Thanks again guys, you give great support to loads of us out here in all kinds of ways - and in FS9 too!

Rgds

Mal
    Thank you Mal. We are riding short handed now without an XML gauge programmer so that changes things from here on out. All the contributors work to bring together a nice package to the Outhouse and for that, I am very grateful.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, your textures and panel work are still in the queue. Your work has been great Firekitten and I will pursue its completion for proper release. Converting the textures are a pain but doable. I have not yet gotten into your panel gauge details to see what is missing or needed but will get to that eventually. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Best if you leave the hot loading to the ground crew...
    LOL Good one
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Leave it then, I'll convert them myself and send you both lots... 1024s and 2048s, sound ok?

I'm just sorry I'm so useless with gauges... With real life atm, one learning curve is enough to fry my head.

Panel bmps are all 1024, gauges are good for lights etc, flight instruments, engine instruments. Needs avionics switch, battery switches, engine control and start, anunciators... thats about it I think. In fact, if you can get the gauges positioned and sorted on the overhead, send it over and I'll detail it up like the rest if i can get time.

Leave it then, I'll convert them myself and send you both lots... 1024s and 2048s, sound ok?

I'm just sorry I'm so useless with gauges... With real life atm, one learning curve is enough to fry my head.

Panel bmps are all 1024, gauges are good for lights etc, flight instruments, engine instruments. Needs avionics switch, battery switches, engine control and start, anunciators... thats about it I think. In fact, if you can get the gauges positioned and sorted on the overhead, send it over and I'll detail it up like the rest if i can get time.
    Sounds good. I will add the avionics switch, battery switches, engine control and start, annunciators, and overhead stuff this evening; no problem.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Fo rthose of you who have not seen Firekitten's work, here are a few shots of the completed exteriors and the panel work-in-process.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Engines

Out of curiosity, what type of engines are planned? Will it be aliased to some stock FSX addon's engines?

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what type of engines are planned? Will it be aliased to some stock FSX addon's engines?
    We have tried to stay true to the original variant configurations using the Garretts and the PT6A where required. Fliger747 did the FM's for each model separately.

Dave posted a nice recap some time ago:

I've been researching information and pics of the turbo prop variants for awhile. There appear to be basically three main turboprop variants.

1. The Marsh/IAI version Milton has done, which was used by the Argentine Navy. (the only military user of this variant) This version retained the vibration damper on the left horizontal stab and was converted from the long fuselage and long stabilizer S-2E/G Tracker. In my previous post, I included a pic of the prototype in USN markings still.

2. The Marsh tanker conversion used by the CDF, most of which appear to be converted S-2E/G Trackers. Notably, the CDF birds do not have the vibration damper on the left stab. This would be a de-militarized version of Milton's bird with a more pointy nose cap and pointy chromed spinners. Marsh also converted a few S-2A's to Turbo Tracker configuration as tankers, which retained the S-2A stabilizers.

3. The Grumman conversion used by the Taiwanese forces, which used the same engine (Garrett) as the Marsh conversions but had a 4 bladed prop and different exhausts. The nacelle is similar to the Marsh conversion. Notably, these didn't retain the searchlight.

4. The Conair conversions which used the PT-6 engines with 5 bladed props. This engine has exhausts on both side of the nacelle near the front (due to the PT6 being a reverse flow engine, inlet at the aft end and exhaust at the front). These were conversions of CS2F's and S-2A's with short fuselages and stabilisers. These appear to have retained the vibration dampers on the stabilizer. These also have the more pointed nose cap.

Just putting this out there to help clarify versions and available color schemes, especially for the version Milton has produced. Information is good!

Dave

EDIT: with reference to #2 above, I also produced an S2A variant last weekend that may be released at a later date.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

And just to be clear, this is not some fancy FSX aircraft. Aside from the excellent FS9 textures, Nigel's custom TP sounds and Tom's FSX developed flight models adjusted to FS9, it's a basic FS9 package, so don't expect the kind of quality folks come to expect from FSX packages.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And just to be clear, this is not some fancy FSX aircraft. Aside from the excellent FS9 textures, Nigel's custom TP sounds and Tom's FSX developed flight models adjusted to FS9, it's a basic FS9 package, so don't expect the kind of quality folks come to expect from FSX packages.
    Wasn't expecting anything, just wanted to know the facts about the power plant sounds that's all - Attachment 94353

Fo rthose of you who have not seen Firekitten's work, here are a few shots of the completed exteriors and the panel work-in-process.
    My internal temperature is rising ...

Wasn't expecting anything, just wanted to know the facts about the power plant sounds that's all - Attachment 94353
    I was not clear you were asking about sounds. Nigel developed very nice custom sounds for this package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh WOW!!! That looks fantastic! Can't wait to download them and fly around with these beauties!

Cheers,
    Maarten