SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 106
Page 106 of 119 FirstFirst ... 656969899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Charter Member 2016
    Methinks I see some new gauges. Are you doing gauge design as well?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

At the moment the TCAS and drop are both textures >> I'm working on it though. I'll see what I can do for both.

Hi folks! This is my first post here at SOH.

I stumbled across this the other day https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simul...02869916442186 and it got me looking for CDF/Cal Fire air tankers for my FSX install. I grew up in Central CA in the 80's-90's and saw the P2V's, P3's, and C130's fly around over my house all the time during the hot, dry summers. Getting to fly them in FSX would be a treat!

After spending the better part of a day looking around the internet, I finally found my way to SOH (Don't know how I missed it before! There is a ton of great stuff here!).

If I've got it right, it seems my best option for FSX-ready tankers is Milton's FS9 CDF S2 package installed into FSX. Is that correct? So far they seem to work great. There is a little FPS drop compared to the FSX native version, and the prop disc has the normal FS9 to FSX prop disc issues. Nothing big though.

I tried porting the skins over to the FSX native version, but it didn't work out so well. Are there any plans for FSX-native versions of the CDF tankers?

As for the P3's and P2V's, all I've found is the FS9 P3 and the Aero Union repaint for it. I haven't tried to install those in FSX yet to see if it works. I tired contacting the SATO guys on Facebook, but haven't heard anything back from them...

Thanks, BTW, for this great freeware!

This package contains a Neptune tanker for FS9. It MAY be usable in FS10 (FS-X).

A/C » http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17098
    FIX » http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17138

BTW, welcome aboard!

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    VC is progressing nicely and is nearly there...

Wow, splendid! I am so looking forward to this one ...

I noticed the prop blur has two blades.

Is there a way to make a five bladed prop blur?

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I noticed the prop blur has two blades.

Is there a way to make a five bladed prop blur?
    The texture is temporary; still a WIP.
    Thanks for your interest. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    This package contains a Neptune tanker for FS9. It MAY be usable in FS10 (FS-X).

A/C » http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17098
    FIX » http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17138

BTW, welcome aboard!

- H52
    Cool! I'll check those out and see how they work in FSX!

We have a number of the fire fighters as a WIP, slow as it is, and I'm not certain right now when they will be released. The F7F Tanker was released and some of the S2A's but there are more coming in both radial and turbine forms.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

... and two more screenies from FSX
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Welcome to the SOH malibu43. Lots 'o good stuff and helpful and talented folks here.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The texture is temporary; still a WIP.
    Thanks for your interest. :-)
    I actually have most of the models.

So I am very interested.

... and two more screenies from FSX
    Thanks for the response, Milton!

Just to make sure I'm clear, this package is the latest tanker package that is released and will work in FSX, right? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ankers-for-FS9

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Thanks for the response, Milton!

Just to make sure I'm clear, this package is the latest tanker package that is released and will work in FSX, right? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ankers-for-FS9
    It will work but you will need to change the spinprop.bmp texture alpha to be around 50% darker than it is. It has not been performance-tuned for FSX but will work. I fly it in FSX myself.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Welcome to the SOH malibu43. Lots 'o good stuff and helpful and talented folks here.
    And not to mention slackers like me! Welcome aboard, mate. Need a file for FS... ask away, I may have just what you're looking for. :salute:

BTW Milton, that's quite an assortment of fire bombers you have... all look absolutely gorgeous. I've been dive bombing the flames in me trusty C-2A/CDF and have taken a swipe at the embers in the Tigercat version too.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

It will work but you will need to change the spinprop.bmp texture alpha to be around 50% darker than it is. It has not been performance-tuned for FSX but will work. I fly it in FSX myself.
    Thanks! I'll give that a try.

One more question and then I'll stop - Are any of the WIPs (especially the turbos) going to have FSX native versions, or FSX native props so that autogen and clouds don't show through? I think that's really the only thing about the currently released models that I even notice.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

One more question and then I'll stop - Are any of the WIPs (especially the turbos) going to have FSX native versions, or FSX native props so that autogen and clouds don't show through? I think that's really the only thing about the currently released models that I even notice.
    Euroastar and his group (Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations) have converted 2 models to FSX native (S2F-3 and E-1B) and have said they will do all of them. That is their choice and it may or may not happen.

You can find the FSX native versions in the FSX Aircraft downloads here at SOH and at Flightsim and Simviation I believe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Euroastar and his group (Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations) have converted 2 models to FSX native (S2F-3 and E-1B) and have said they will do all of them. That is their choice and it may or may not happen.

You can find the FSX native versions in the FSX Aircraft downloads here at SOH and at Flightsim and Simviation I believe.
    Thanks again Milton. I've tried the Eagle Rotorcraft conversions of the S2F-3 and they're great in FSX. I'll prod them about the Fire Tanker conversions and then just enjoy the released ones.

Bit of an update on the Marsh S2T...

Progress is slow because I'm muddling my way through gauge design! I haven't a clue what I'm doing and I'm learning to write gauges in xml and its taking some time... VC textures pretty much done so its just a matter of finishing the programming. Unless we can find a willing gauge programmer to take over... I expect I may implode from frustration
    I'll post up to date vc screenies later for you all to see.

5 blade prop blur... I'll sort one. As for the transparency... not much issue in my fsx, not seen them eat autogen or clouds... I think.

As for fsx native ones... I'd love to see that, I could create some spectacular bumps for the turbo... Just drooling at the chance!

Hey folks,

I have a question about using the CDF tankers in FSX with DX10 turned on. I used DXTBmp to convert all the textures to DDS DXT5. After fumbling my way through it a few times, I got the exterior skin of the aircraft to display fine.

However, the left, center, right, and overhead panels don't display, and neither do any of the gages. I'm not familiar enough with FSX aircraft/panels to know where to start. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the panels and gages to display correctly?

The aircraft works fine in DX9 mode, but I was hoping to be able to use it in DX10 as well. I tried contacting the Eagle Rotorcraft guys, but I don't get the feeling they're actively working on the tanker conversions when I look at their forums.

Thanks!

Those textures are bmp's in the panel folder... so not much you can do in dx10 mode. (Aweful silly useless mode if you ask me, it wasn't even finished)

Without one of those programs like addonconverter or whatever the dx10 possie use to force the sim to run, I don't have an answer for you.

Hey folks,

I have a question about using the CDF tankers in FSX with DX10 turned on. I used DXTBmp to convert all the textures to DDS DXT5. After fumbling my way through it a few times, I got the exterior skin of the aircraft to display fine.

However, the left, center, right, and overhead panels don't display, and neither do any of the gages. I'm not familiar enough with FSX aircraft/panels to know where to start. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the panels and gages to display correctly?

The aircraft works fine in DX9 mode, but I was hoping to be able to use it in DX10 as well. I tried contacting the Eagle Rotorcraft guys, but I don't get the feeling they're actively working on the tanker conversions when I look at their forums.

Thanks!
    You may have better luck posting that question in the FSX forum.
    Also, take a look at some of the FSX panel folders for DX10 aircraft to determine what panel texture formats are used. Many default tend to use 8-bit textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Those textures are bmp's in the panel folder... so not much you can do in dx10 mode. (Aweful silly useless mode if you ask me, it wasn't even finished)

Without one of those programs like addonconverter or whatever the dx10 possie use to force the sim to run, I don't have an answer for you.
    You may have better luck posting that question in the FSX forum.
    Also, take a look at some of the FSX panel folders for DX10 aircraft to determine what panel texture formats are used. Many default tend to use 8-bit textures.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll try asking in the FSX forum.

I tried the demo version of Addon Converter X and the FS9 version of the tankers show up fine when using DX10. My understanding was that Addon Converter X mainly converts textures to different formats, so, if that is the case, I was thinking I could just convert the textures on my own instead of paying $20 for a program that does the same thing.

Also, the reason I'm giving DX10 a try is because there is supposedly a "DX10 Fixer" being released soon that is kind of like the DX10 patch that FSX never got. http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.c...scenery-fixer/ How well it will really work I don't know. But if it works well, I was thinking of switching to DX10, and I really want to bring some fire tankers with me!

That being said, I think I will just wait for the tool to come out and see if it fixes the tankers for me.

Blog Entries
    Howdy guys,

Does anyone by any chance have the paintkit for the S2F1 Stoof by Steve Bryant? Looked everywhere for it to no avail. Recieved the gmax sources from Milton this morning for the FSX native conversion and I need the kit to create the bump maps and speculars. Credit will be given to their respective authors

On a side note. After the S2F1 is done and completed, what G7 series aircraft would you guys like to see converted to FSX native? Also, the Dash 7 may possibly be getting the FSX treatment as well, it's an ongoing discussion and the result will be given later this week.

Thanks guys

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Howdy guys,

Does anyone by any chance have the paintkit for the S2F1 Stoof by Steve Bryant? Looked everywhere for it to no avail. Recieved the gmax sources from Milton this morning for the FSX native conversion and I need the kit to create the bump maps and speculars. Credit will be given to their respective authors

On a side note. After the S2F1 is done and completed, what G7 series aircraft would you guys like to see converted to FSX native? Also, the Dash 7 may possibly be getting the FSX treatment as well, it's an ongoing discussion and the result will be given later this week.

Thanks guys
    I'd love to see the fire tankers in native FSX!