SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 104
Page 104 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4549496979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    As promised, here are some screen shots of the prototype military S-2T and the only operator of the production aircraft, The Argentinian Navy.

Dave
    Milton,

Check your PM and email.

Dave

Thank you Sir; just got home and will check it out this evening. :-) Greatly appreciate your efforts Dave.

EDIT: Adding pics showing off Dave's textures for the S2T Military version with Garrett engines. WooHooo! Gotta love these schemes; rare and beautiful.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Sir; just got home and will check it out this evening. :-) Greatly appreciate your efforts Dave.

EDIT: Adding pics showing off Dave's textures for the S2T Military version with Garrett engines. WooHooo! Gotta love these schemes; rare and beautiful.

Looks fantastic! I really like the colors of the Argentinian bird.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Looks fantastic! I really like the colors of the Argentinian bird.
    Thank you Mark. Dave is doing an excellent job on these textures. And yesterday, they just got better.

Tom has also been improving the FM and these TProps are hustlers. I think you will like how these are shaping up.

In summary, the Military version here, the civilian version with the PT-6A's and the CDF are all about ready. Some panel gauge work left but hopefully that can be resolved in short order.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just a minor recommendation for p3aewguy on the Argentine S-2T: the blue of the Argentine flag is substantially lighter than that shown in the screenies posted by Milton. Can you update it w/o too much trouble?

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Just a minor recommendation for p3aewguy on the Argentine S-2T: the blue of the Argentine flag is substantially lighter than that shown in the screenies posted by Milton. Can you update it w/o too much trouble?

- H52
    Here is a comparison with some of the pics I found on the Internet.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm really looking forward to this one.... :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this one.... :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    Second that!
    At last we'll have the Turbotracker!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Argentine flag

As you know, color rendition in publications or monitors varies widely. I did a search for "Argentina" and was surprised by the range of blue depicted for their flag. The two images at the top of the following link show the proper shade of blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Argentina

- H52

As you know, color rendition in publications or monitors varies widely. I did a search for "Argentina" and was surprised by the range of blue depicted for their flag. The two images at the top of the following link show the proper shade of blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Argentina

- H52
    Yes, colors are hard to discern from pictures. Interestly, they posted the flag's official color values there:

RGB 117, 170, 219 252, 191, 73 132, 53, 17
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Better use the colors as seen by the latest schemes used by the Argentinian Navy. The latest ones I'd seen were those for the T-34 , B200 and S-2 and all were similiar.

Found this one for reference:

Cheers,
    Hank

Blog Entries

I should know...

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Better use the colors as seen by the latest schemes used by the Argentinian Navy. The latest ones I'd seen were those for the T-34 , B200 and S-2 and all were similiar.

Found this one for reference:

Cheers,
    Hank
    HI, I am originally from Uruguay and lived in Argentina in the 50s until my second year of Liceo (High School) although now a US citizen since 1963 . (US Army retired officer)
    The blue of both the Uruguayan and Argentine flags is a very light blue... sort of Azure... really not as saturated as some of the pics on the 'net... the one is this last pic is
    the one closest to the real thing.. Remember though, that these RLM, USN, etc. specs are really "gilding the lilly" so to speak... for sun and shifts in the elements oxidize paint to
    where there are no two aircraft from the same country sport identical shades of their colors... about the best guide.. is the degree of saturation... based on use... the color is the
    same.. but faded in some cases.. brighter when factory fresh, etc. In the final analysis, being finicky about "actual colors" is a bit of an oxymoron...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    .. Remember though, that these RLM, USN, etc. specs are really "gilding the lilly" so to speak... for sun and shifts in the elements oxidize paint to
    where there are no two aircraft from the same country sport identical shades of their colors... about the best guide.. is the degree of saturation... based on use... the color is the
    same.. but faded in some cases.. brighter when factory fresh, etc. In the final analysis, being finicky about "actual colors" is a bit of an oxymoron...
    :salute:

Oh so true!!! - beautifully put Gaucho!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    :salute:

Oh so true!!! - beautifully put Gaucho!
    Very well put, especially; "... there are no two aircraft from the same country sport identical shades of their colors!"
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Very well put, especially; "... there are no two aircraft from the same country sport identical shades of their colors!"
    Too right Duckie! :salute:

To anyone starting out in texturing/painting:Don't trust readymixes or so called 'expert swatches': they don't exist!!!

At best, they're always someone elses visual interpretation of a particular colour, and at worst - Digital colour scans? often even more misleading!
    Run for your life!

Ask anyone involved in the printing industry:
    You cannot perfectly match the many pigments used for paint or ink manufacture with DIGITAL CMYK, Pantone, RGB or any other professional colour system.

Learn to use your EYES, do VISUAL research and learn to 'see' colours.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Here's another texture version of the yet to be released 'turbotracker' I'd really love to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Euyd3lORU

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

- H52

I can. If we're sure... I took the color from a picture of an S-2T when I did the textures. Lighting has a lot of effect on the appearance of a shade of color as does the paint manufacturer. In one of Milton's pictures on the right you will see a portion of the tail of a P-3 and the shade on that matches what I used.

I need to send Milton a revised forward fuselage texture anyway due to the last re-map of the overhead hatches (they covered a part of the rescue arrow, I resized and repositioned the arrow). So it's not a big deal. I'll be happy to do it, I just don't want anyone coming back next week saying it should be darker. LOL! Let me know what you'd like via the forum here!

Dave

Here's another texture version of the yet to be released 'turbotracker' I'd really love to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Euyd3lORU

Sadly Nigel, we don't have that version available. The ROC S-2T's use a different version of the Garrett engine (the exhaust is different) and a Dowty Rotol four bladed prop.

Dave

Okay Gents,

Attached are three pics. A is the color of the RGB values Milton gave, B is the picture Milton posted, and C is my original texture, gotten from another pic. Which will it be???????? A is to the right, C to the left. I kinda like mine best with B as a second choice.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Okay Gents,

Attached are three pics. A is the color of the RGB values Milton gave, B is the picture Milton posted, and C is my original texture, gotten from another pic. Which will it be???????? A is to the right, C to the left. I kinda like mine best with B as a second choice.

Dave
    I'd put my money on a mix between the two top pics.

The same colour is used here by the Greek Air Force - HAF, and we have the same colour variations/issues, so do what your instinct tells you.

What ever you decide, you're doing a splendid job Dave.:salute:

edit: looking forward to this very appealing colour scheme.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    We have discussed this for a while and having completed much of the data collection with your help, I will attempt to get the FS9 project started.

More earlier discussion here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Trader-anyone

In the earlier thread, many have helped with data collection and manuals. Some have volunteered for specific functions. Thanks to everyone for all the efforts to-date.

I will focus on the exterior models for now. Gmax source will be available at completion.
    ROBCAP may do the interior model but still open to question.
    Euroastar350 has volunteered for the native FSX conversion.
    Nigel has volunteered sounds.
    PRB has volunteered for panel work.
    Smoothie has volunteered for textures.
    Flight model is open: Fliger? Would like an experienced FM designer here.
    i used to knowsome,he retiredTOM would be perfect:ernae:h
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

I believe you should use the RGB values posted by Milton since those are from a presumably official source. That said, those colors would be valid as factory-fresh. Bright blues fade quickly (ask SWA) so if the aircraft depicted has any measure of weathering, the bottom shade would be more appropriate.

- H52

I'd put my money on a mix between the two top pics.

The same colour is used here by the Greek Air Force - HAF, and we have the same colour variations/issues, so do what your instinct tells you.

What ever you decide, you're doing a splendid job Dave.:salute:

edit: looking forward to this very appealing colour scheme.

Thanks Nigel! I think I will probably go with the middle one. I like the color, it matches the picture and is closer to the RGB values. I have yet to see a picture that matches the RGB value sample. I'll get working on these and get them to Milton in the next few days...

I wish I knew some one in Argentina who could get me a good photo of the one I've attached here. The angle is too great to copy it well. I need one taken closer to perpendicular to the surface than this one is. I think this picture is the one I originally used for the color.

Dave

Actually I think RAZBAM is from Argentina. Also, somewhere deep in this thread, someone from Argentina or nearabouts asked for these aircraft liveries I believe. I'm a bit busy now to go searching. But there may be two sources there. I'll double check my pictures for the request; you might double check Airliners.net.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This is the best I have from the net. May be a larger version from Airliners.net.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here