SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 108
Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    And just to be clear, this is not some fancy FSX aircraft. Aside from the excellent FS9 textures, Nigel's custom TP sounds and Tom's FSX developed flight models adjusted to FS9, it's a basic FS9 package, so don't expect the kind of quality folks come to expect from FSX packages.
    You don't do yourself justice Milton.... its easily better than a lot of fsx freeware!

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    You don't do yourself justice Milton.... its easily better than a lot of fsx freeware!
    And even some payware... after looking at the pics in this thread. You all under rate yourselves, and your superb artistry... even you, Milton. Humble souls that you are...lol!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    And even some payware... after looking at the pics in this thread. You all under rate yourselves, and your superb artistry... even you, Milton. Humble souls that you are...lol!

The "FS9" Trackers and CDF tankers that are already released are surely better in FSX than many "FSX" addons I've tried, some payware included. :salute:

My intent is to release the earlier mentioned package with the same basic panel look as the radial releases, albeit functional for the turbos. However, if Rachel and I can finish out her excellent start on the turbo panels and gauges, we will release that package as an upgrade to the panels in this release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    The "FS9" Trackers and CDF tankers that are already released are surely better in FSX than many "FSX" addons I've tried, some payware included. :salute:
    I know.. I have all of them in my FSX install, along with the Howard 500, two of the very best. :salute:

To increase my immersion, I have been playing around with adding sounds to the tank doors opening/closing and the retardant drop effect. Based on what I've read on the internet, the flow of retardant is controlled by the doors throughout the drop, so the doors would be constantly adjusting. However, since we just open/close the doors all at once in FS9/FSX, I pointed the exit open and exit close events to one of the stock flap.wav's, which gives the impression of some electrical motor opening or closing the doors. I've also modified a jet engine sound I found at flightsim.com and assigned it to the retardant drop effect. Hopefully the result simulates a sucking, rumbling sound I would imagine you might hear (or feel) as hundreds of gallons of fluid are sucked out the bottom of the plane.

Does anyone know what you might actually hear (or feel) from the cockpit during a drop in real life?

LOL That sounds great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok. I'm pretty happy with where I got the tank door and drop sounds. If anyone wants to try it, everything you need is in the attached .zip file. I would consider this a "beta", since no one else has tried it but me. It should be pretty straight forward and safe to try though. There is a short readme included in the .zip file.

Attachment 94380

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I know.. I have all of them in my FSX install, along with the Howard 500, two of the very best. :salute:

I agree Blackbird... Milton's birds are phenomenal in FSX, I even went overboard on one of them!

Beautiful work on those repaint Firekitten!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I agree Blackbird... Milton's birds are phenomenal in FSX, I even went overboard on one of them!

Beautiful work on those repaint Firekitten!
    Thanks... but they aren't repaints... they're ground up textures

Gotcha! Even better!!! :salute:

We can thank Firekitten for some special texture work, both outside and inside on a revised model just for her efforts.

Hopefully we can flesh out this new panel setup to complete her package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton has been a real sweetie to work with... He's a great developer and works very well with artists! I feel privileged to be involved even in a small way with one of his creations.

I think I caused the delay frankly... I started texturing the VC and then caused all sorts of nightmares by going a bit far

Milton does magic with gmax and he is quick getting the revised work to ya, even if the model is over eight+ years old! :salute:

With the progress we are making on Rachel's panel, I think we will hold off until we get that complete. Investing a lot of time trying to get the balance of the gauges done to wrap it all up and I am slow at the gauge creation thing. :-)

I also found several small issues among the 6 different models and I want to get them all cleaned up.

We'll shoot for end of month.

I am open to putting up one model if you all would like to do some beta work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

... He's a great developer and works very well with artists! I feel privileged to be involved even in a small way with one of his creations....

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun
    Milton does magic with gmax and he is quick getting the revised work to ya...

Bullseye on both comments!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    With the progress we are making on Rachel's panel, I think we will hold off until we get that complete. Investing a lot of time trying to get the balance of the gauges done to wrap it all up and I am slow at the gauge creation thing. :-)

I also found several small issues among the 6 different models and I want to get them all cleaned up.

We'll shoot for end of month.

I am open to putting up one model if you all would like to do some beta work.
    Anytime you are ready is fine :salute::salute::salute:

Charter Member 2016
    Sounds good to me... I'm looking forward to giving these a whirl.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    If you can use another BT I can give it a go for you.

I have uploaded the WIP CONAIR to the SOH FS2004 Aircraft library for your use until we complete the new panel and gauges and wrap up the full package.

This link should work once the archive is approved:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=17588
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton!

The plane is currently over in the inspection hangar at the moment. Hope to take her up for the initial flight later this morning. :salute:

Thank you very much, Milton!:salute::salute:

Great work, Team!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Wowsers!!! She flies like a Formula 1 Stoof! Quite different with so much power. And easy to land. :-)
    Great sound from Nigel's first class studio.
    Excellent! :salute:

Cheers,
    Maarten

Merci beaucoup pour cet avion, Milton, trés belle décoration.

Meilleures salutations.

Thank you very much for this plane, Milton, beautiful decoration.

Best regards.