SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 80
Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3070727374757677787980818283848586878890 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Duckie,

The E-1B is the aircraft that inspired this project for me. You just continue to make it all worthwhile. Thank you so much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Duckie,

The E-1B is the aircraft that inspired this project for me. You just continue to make it all worthwhile. Thank you so much.
    Milton,

I count it a distinct honor and a most definite pleasure to be numbered among the contributors to this fine project. My limited vocabulary has long been spent of superlatives (I've even read a few I had to look up!) used to describe what marvelous models your Grumman 7 have proved to be.

So, I raise my glass to you for continuing to breath new life into an aging iteration of our hobby, may there be more where these came from for us all to enjoy well into the future!

You are welcome, Sir,

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

S2F-1 Project

I have communicated with Jan Visser and can now confirm that I will be doing the S2F-1 project. I am wrapping up the Avia 57 modeling this week and helping tankerguy72 with his project a bit. But, hopefully next week, I can get on the S2F-1 and get the modeling done within 2-3 weeks, and be ready for textures before the end of May. There are three projects in progress that may affect that a bit but hopefully not by much.

So, let the S2F-1 discussion begin

I would like to see the very best reference pictures of good size that you feel best represents what the S2F-1 is to you.

Bring'em on!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have communicated with Jan Visser and can now confirm that I will be doing the S2F-1 project. I am wrapping up the Avia 57 modeling this week and helping tankerguy72 with his project a bit. But, hopefully next week, I can get on the S2F-1 and get the modeling done within 2-3 weeks, and be ready for textures before the end of May. There are three projects in progress that may affect that a bit but hopefully not by much.

So, let the S2F-1 discussion begin

I would like to see the very best reference pictures of good size that you feel best represents what the S2F-1 is to you.

Bring'em on!

Sign me up!
    Duckie

Sorry I haven't offered much encouragement to everyone lately. Family health problems continue, so I just have time to pop in and look around here. Haven't even had a chance to download and fly the Avia 56 yet. Please keep up the amazing work, Milton and crew(s). Thanks.

Pat

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Anything particular you need photos of?:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thank you Maarten for the photos.

Ferry, I have the exterior details I need for now. I do not intend to do anything further in the interior unless it is something necessary for the exterior model.

I am open to suggestions for improvement to previous models, especially for the mapping for textures for details, and anything that can be done without adding hundreds of hours to the project. :-)

Thank you for asking and for the pictures. I do look forward to getting this one done for all of you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Maarten for the photos.
    Milton, the pleasure is all mine. :salute:

.......I have the exterior details I need for now.
    Let me know if you need more pix.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Thanks H52; I think I will be fine from here.

I started on the S2F-1 tonight using the S2F-3 as a starting point. I have the tails and wings back to the short versions and have shortened the fuselage for the exterior model (moving back 120 parts about 14"), deleted some antennas, moved the hook back and did a preliminary test. So far, so good.

Next up to do are the hawkbill nacelles.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

S2F--1 Update

Worked today on the radome and hawkbill nacelles ... looking good so far.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

... looking good so far.
    AMEN! to that!
    Duckie

Looking good Milton! Do you plan on doing the earlier nacelles like the Canadian CS2F's had also? And / or the CS2F version? I realize it's early on, but thought I'd ask, maybe plant an idea.

Dave

The answer should of course be "no" since I am interrupting the Avia 57 wrapup and putting off returning to the Lockheed Harpoon and Lodestar projects to do the S2F-1. But I will consider it for our Canadian friends.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awesome! Really awesome! You're a real magician Milton!

Cheers,
    Maarten

The answer should of course be "no" since I am interrupting the Avia 57 wrapup and putting off returning to the Lockheed Harpoon and Lodestar projects to do the S2F-1. But I will consider it for our Canadian friends.

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Seriously, though -- a CS2F-1/CP-121 would be fab. I especially would love a late-model CP-121 w/no overhead radar and the streamlined fairings from the Trader. Would it help if I said I would be more than happy to do all the relevant RCN/Canadian Forces liveries? All four of them? In both dirty and clean versions?

Frankly I think we are all worthy of a freeware gift given in the spirit of fun, sharing, and community.

Here is what I have in terms of differences for the CP-121, plus a few (of many) general side profiles.

EDIT: Looking at picture 6, late model radome, can anyone tell me what is immediately on front of the radome.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Frankly I think we are all worthy of a freeware gift given in the spirit of fun, sharing, and community.

Here is what I have in terms of differences for the CP-121, plus a few (of many) general side profiles.

EDIT: Looking at picture 6, late model radome, can anyone tell me what is immediately on front of the radome.
    Here is the answer for your question (see attachment).

And now that you're talking about gifts also attached two photos of the one and only surviving Dutch CS-2A (CS2F-1).
    With the material I'll be sending you next week there will be more on the Canuck built Stoof in Dutch service.

BTW, The CS2F was redesignated CP-121 in February 1968. The MAD-boom was removed from the CP-121 after 12 December 1969 when the aircraft carier Bonaventure was laid up. The CP-121s that remained then were based on land, lost their ASW task, got their ASW equipment removed and went on carrying out fishing patrol and northern sovereignty patrols, pollution control, SAR etcetera.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Thank you Maarten; that is helpful.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wrapping up exterior model modeling with just a few minor things left. Trying to figure out the wire antenna rigging is a challenge.
    I think the nacelle air coolers on the right side of each needs to go as well as the fuel dump tubes at the rear (if that is what they are).

Look these over if you will and note any issues you see. I hope to wrap up the modeling this weekend and start mapping for textures.

Thanks a bunch!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wrapping up exterior model modeling with just a few minor things left. Trying to figure out the wire antenna rigging is a challenge.
    I think the nacelle air coolers on the right side of each needs to go as well as the fuel dump tubes at the rear (if that is what they are).

Look these over if you will and note any issues you see. I hope to wrap up the modeling this weekend and start mapping for textures.

Thanks a bunch!
    Milton,

I believe you are correct regarding eliminating the CSD coolers and the fuel dump tubes. The horizontal tail was also shorter.

You probably already know of this resource, if not, its a pretty good comparison between the -1 and later versions that the later marks.

"TAILHOOK TOPICS". Here's a link. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1

If for some reason the link doesn't work just google "TAILHOOK TOPICS" and search the August 2010 articles.
    Duckie

Yes, all those changes have now been made.

Anything else?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Regarding the external model of the CP-121 (the one with which I am the most familiar), I believe it has all been covered; the major external difference between the CP-121/CS2F-1 and the normal Stoof was the addition of a small air scoop above the nacelle for the different R1820 variant the DHC-built ones used, and there are some decent pics in the Warpaint book, IIRC.

Apart from the removal of the MAD boom, all other changes were internal, like fitment for air-droppable SKAD rescue kits and a cockpit gunsight for rocket aiming (the CRV-7 2.75" rocket was the only armament the Tracker was fitted for in the later days).

There is one other difference and I suppose since it was only on late Canadian Trackers it's not that important: on the upper rear fuselage just forward of the vertical stabilizer fillet and offset to starboard, there is an odd-shaped squarish blister painted International Orange. This is an ejectable ELT housing added in the 80s, and similar ones can be seen on many Canadian maritime aircraft like Sea Kings (pie-plate shaped blister on the starboard side of the tail boom) and Auroras (upper rear fuselage, starboard side of vert. stab.)

Thanks for that input Rallymodeller. I will try to do the Canadian early variant.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for stepping into the breach, Milton - we are all grateful!!

Couldn't resist nailing that 2,000th post, either!