- We are pleased to annouce that version 3.0.1 has been published on SSW site, http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks previous version 3.0.0 becomes obsolete and no longer supported.
- Activation keys received by users that have donate for version 3.0.0 continue to be valid.
- ** IMPORTANT ** It is mandatory to delete previous version if any, uninstaller can be found on main FSX folder.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed
- A new exterior model optimized for multiplayer (so called "UBUNTU") has been introduced
SOLO/MULTIPLAYER CONSIDERATIONS (SOLO vs UBUNTU)
ENJOY THE ZIPPER
- UBUNTU models are optimized for multiplayer environment, fuselage has less than 45000 triangles, no bumps nor specular maps stll mantaining an excellent graphical quality, it does not require great rendering resources and is frame rate friendly.
- UBUNTU models can be used with more than 10 players with no or little frame drop, above 20 players frame rate is still acceptable on high end machines.
- SOLO models can be still used in multiplayer as well, however they do have a 80000 triangles, bump and specular maps. We suggest to do not fly with more than 6 players with SOLO models.
- A plain installation cames with only 4 UBUNTU aircrafts, if you want have all UBUNTU models, up to 31 divided on two virtual squadrons, you should execute the installer AERIT-F104S-V3-VSQN.exe that can be found on the clean model folder: \SimObjects\Airplanes\AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN
- The "VSQN" (stands for Virtual Squadron) installer activates all UBUNTU models into aircraft hierarchy, situation can be restored using the restore program AERIT-F104S-V3-SOLO-RESTORE.exe that can be found on: \SimObjects\Airplanes\AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN
- SOLO models have a thumbnail like showed above in ways that are easily recognized.