1947 Republic SeaBee

Thread: 1947 Republic SeaBee

1947 Republic SeaBee

I had/have the opportunity of crawling all over a 1947 Republic SeaBee with a camera today, and I am curious if anyone has thought of/considered modeling one for FSX?

This is the one
    http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1029193/no_pictures.php

There is one. Do a search at Flightsim.com for Republic Seabee

I would upload a pic but I keep getting told I've exceeded my limit, whatever that means.

Thanks Mal. I was aware that there is one out there. I should have typed more words to make a little more sense in my above post. I was meaning more of an FSX native type. I was told that I can take all the pictures I want, but the aircraft will be leaving next week sometime and wont be back. If anyone is thinking of modeling specifically for FSX, speak up because I have full access!!

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Thanks Mal. I was aware that there is one out there. I should have typed more words to make a little more sense in my above post. I was meaning more of an FSX native type. I was told that I can take all the pictures I want, but the aircraft will be leaving next week sometime and wont be back. If anyone is thinking of modeling specifically for FSX, speak up because I have full access!!
    Would be nice to see a native FSX Seabee, but unless Tim does one, I doubt anyone would see a huge need to spend the effort, especially from a payware standpoint.

It would be great if you could get some detailed interior shots though. The one I have could use some serious interior upgrading.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I started one a long time ago, and I open the file and look at it from time to time. As a scenery guy, aircraft are still a bit of a mystery to me. Still, that plane in particular catches my imagination. It's not exactly good-looking, but it's definitely unique.

PAD has one out for both 9 and X.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    PAD has one out for both 9 and X.
    Yep, that's the one I have.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Ed, I got pictures of the complete interior. Problem is, I some how hit the dial to video, and they did not turn out well. I'll be going back tomorrow with my monopod for new shots. And charged batteries. So you'll be welcome to any I get.:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Ed, I got pictures of the complete interior. Problem is, I some how hit the dial to video, and they did not turn out well. I'll be going back tomorrow with my monopod for new shots. And charged batteries. So you'll be welcome to any I get.:salute:
    That would be awesome, thanks!!

Current System Specs:

There's one sitting at my airport....
    Least I think it's still there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

My wishlist has a UC-1 Twin Bee on it.

Also, don't forget there's an FN333 Riviera out there. It's a classy Italian take on the Seabee.

Members who have read this thread: 0