REX Quandary

Thread: REX Quandary

Charter Member 09

REX Quandary

I downloaded REX and REX Overdrive. One was a bunch of pictures of clouds with no explanation. REX Overdrive I tried to install it and it sez .NET Framwork is spitting up at me.. I tried to answer T. Fuchs e-mail and it wouldn't go through. I looked on REX's site and there's no way to contact him.
    I'm stuck with a sick NET Framework, what ever that is, and a bunch of cloud pictures. Can anybody help me out?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

HD,

Rex Overdrive requires a working REX installation, it's just a texture upgrade which is meant to be copied over the original texture files.
    But maybe you meant it the other way around, you installed REX and got the .net error. What exactly does it say when the .net error comes up? Can you make a screen copy and post it here?

Cheers,
    Mark

Charter Member 09
    I tried it once more and it seemed to install properly. However, when I ran FSX, I could't detect any change in the clouds.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

If I remember well you have to run the REX interface and create a theme by selecting your preferred textures for clouds, sun, sky, water, runways etc. It will then create a backup of your default files and copy over your new textures to FSX. You will then be able to see a big difference.

Dimus is right, you initially have to start the main program, it configures itself and then copies the selected texture themes. A small side note: selecting the highest texture resolution can really drag the performance down if you don't have a fast computer and a big graphic card.
    You also can tell it works when the weather radar screen pops up during the start of FSX.

Cheers,
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0