I Wanna See This For FSX!!

Thread: I Wanna See This For FSX!!

I Wanna See This For FSX!!

I was going through Airliners.net, and I came across this! I like it a lot!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Argen...5163f8b9a3af41

Anybody ever thought of this before? Like I said, I like it!

Walter

Yep, I've always thought the Pucara was a nice looking airplane. Kazunori Ito did a very nice model for FS9, which probably ports to FSX pretty easily. The drawback for me was that it has no VC. I don't do airplanes that don't have a VC, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I don't do airplanes that don't have a VC, lol.:salute:
    Yeah, same here!

I would love this also......I am almost positive I saw a while back that PILET had it on his list of things to do.......keeping fingers crossed!

Cool attack aircraft.

Check out this video...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Single seat version...
    That looks GOOD!!!

The single-seater looks like a honkin' beast!

I'm surprised that the Pucara was never very popular. It'd make a good multi-engine trainer, not to mention it's close air support abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    The single-seater looks like a honkin' beast!

I'm surprised that the Pucara was never very popular. It'd make a good multi-engine trainer, not to mention it's close air support abilities.
    I've often wondered that. I suspect it may have to do with its relative performance in the Falklands conflict, although to be fair that wasn't really what it was designed for.

Blog Entries
    Hey Skippy! Nice to see you here - miss you buddy! Hopefully your little vacation was good, quiet, relaxing, you know ...

I have always thought the Pucara was a sweet little plane too. And I'd argue that in the context of the current conflicts we see today, such low-cost platforms make far more sense than massively complex aircraft that are sizeable fractions of a billion dollars each, dropping munitions that each cost almost as much as the pilot's annual salary ... to go after one guy with a backpack and a $93 AK-47 ... the economics of that just don't add up in my mind...

If you like small, sweet little COIN aircraft, you may want to look at Tim Conrad's (aka SOH's Piglet) OV-10A & D Bronco. Spent countless hours in it back in the simNASA days - was a real treat to fly. Bearing in mind it's almost a decade old, the fact that it has recently been upgraded (ported over, not a new native model) to FSX, speaks to it's accuracy and appeal.

Here it is on flightsim - two models to choose from ... plus I also believe Ed (Falcon409) did some work on it - memory's a bit foggy on that, though

Name: ov10dfsx.zip Size: 12,015,298 Date: 09-20-2010 Downloads: 1,717
    FSX North American Rockwell OV-10D Bronco. Modified for FSX by Bob Familton, Shane Reilly, Dietmar Loleit, and David "Opa" Marshall. Originally by Tim Conrad. This is the whole aircraft, with model, updated panel, updated textures, and updated Aircraft.cfg.

<CENTER>FSX - FSX Modern Military</CENTER><CENTER>FSX OV-10A Series
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: ov10afsx.zip Size: 19,543,115 Date: 01-08-2008 Downloads: 7,724
    FSX OV-10A Series. New FSX only models and textures for the recent North American Rockwell OV-10A Bronco series release. This all-inclusive pack contains new .mdl's and 2048x2048 DXT5 textures,made with the latest FSX Accel/SP2 SDK's. Will work without the earlier FS2004 OV-10A pack. Not tested in Vista/DX10. By Tim Conrad.

Have fun,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    I've often wondered that. I suspect it may have to do with its relative performance in the Falklands conflict, although to be fair that wasn't really what it was designed for.
    One of the few Argentinian pilots noted by CDR 'Sharkey' Ward during the falklands was a Pucara pilot who stayed with his aircraft while he repeatedly raked him with 30mm Aden fire, I forgot his name but after the end of hostilities when he was asked to translate for English sugeons, he refused until he heard that the sea harrier pilots respected him for his bravery, this tells me the pucara is a tough bird and while not playing a major part in the war, was mainly due to the fact we payed so much attention to destroying them, after the war CDR went to Stanley airfield to fly a pucara but they said they were booby trapped and refused to disarm them for the RN pilots to fly, later alot were wrecked by our troops pulling parts off as souvineers and firing off the ejector seats! Really like the pucara though, mean lookin bird!!!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Pete,
    I think it was a Major Tomba. Survived being shot at and ejected close to the ground but was relatively unhurt, lucky fella!!

Shessi

Two models of the IA58 Pucara...

Kazunori Ito model with modification for FSX by Daniel M. Berges.

JR Lucariny model of the IA58Ar (501).