FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 246

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    This repaint originally started out as my take on a pink RAF Spitfire from WW2 that I've seen on the web, but that scheme really didn't really translate over to the larger Martin Mars. Sooooo, this is another take on the movie Operation Petticoat and the pink submarine.
    "That's a strange colour to be painting Government Property."

Dave

Nightflying 101

"We're following the Leader....."

"Where's he gone?"

"Aha! Gotcha!!"

The good ol' Sierra Seven in stunning action.....

Dave

Something a bit more relaxed for me Dave..

The OFMC pair over the IoS
    ATB
    DaveB

Here's one that might interest you though..

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Something a bit more relaxed for me Dave..

The OFMC pair over the IoS
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave, thats a great looking mk IX. Which sim product is that? My favorite, besides the P-51 is the old Realair Spit XIX. Still a great model after all these years!

Yo Eric

That IS the old Real Air Spit from the 2007/8(?) Pack. I have a lot of favourites but like you.. I still very much like the Real Air models. It's one of the first things I put on any install.. be it FS9 or FSX. Not only does it stand up well against some of the latest offerings, it still manages to exceed most if not all it's peers

P-51D is the WBS model with paint by Jan the Man for the Little Friends (1) set. I have the restored version too in Cadillac of the Skies 1 which looks simply stunning but the pilot doesn't show if it's used as AI with AirTrafficFX for some reason! Jan's version is great but is more 'Then' rather than 'Now'. Incidentally.. Frankie was painted as Candyman/Goose when it first arrived at Duxford and as you'd imagine.. I have that version too

ATB
    DaveB

Coming and Going!

Cheers,

Martin

Some great looking British classics there!

Yoyo, nice Mig screenshots!

One more Sabre from me; F-86F-35 52-5256 "MU-R" from 338 Skv, Ørland, 1960s

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    "That's a strange colour to be painting Government Property."

Dave

Yes it is.....

You can Google "pink spitfire" to see images of that RAF spitfire. or Google "Operation Petticoat" to see the sub.

The pink Martin Mars actually looks pretty good in FSX. Much better that I ever expected it to look.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Realair Spit on Corsica fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-3-1_0-30-20-922.jpg   2015-3-1_0-36-9-326.jpg  
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Seeing all these Spitfires, I thought I would have a go this morning and have realised how much I have missed the RealAir Spitfires. I'm more of a Hurricane man myself, but have enjoyed these models in the past and again today. Took off from Plymouth (nine miles over the border!) and went and visited a few airfields in Devon. No need for a map as fly the area often in real life, but on the odd occasion today, got a little stumped when unsure of my position (over Dartmoor, where you don't go as most of it is used by the military).

First stop was to Harrowbeer a few miles North of Plymouth, which used to be a WW2 Fighter airfield primarily with Spitfires and Typhoons and then with Air Sea Rescue Walrus. Closed at the end of the war, it was to become the postwar Plymouth Airport, but due to local complaintees this remained at Roborough, now closed. Last week, I walked at Harrowbeer and its amazing how much of it is still there, including all the revetments.

Then off over Dartmoor passing Taw Mill, above the aileron. Two strips can be seen, the runway being the one to the right heading almost at the top of the screen. This is about 600yds long and is uphill so is normally one way in and one out. Interesting to say the least......

Then off to Eggesford. Famous for being home to a lot of Austers. Also based here is the sole surviving Chrislea SkyJeep and the world's only two seat Luton Minor, the Phoenix Duet (its a bit of a squeeze). Scenery for this has been created by Matt Wynn and is still in it's test stage. One of the few FSX airfields that has sloping runways.

And then finally Westacott Farm, a 200 yard strip visible here one field up from the road running left to right above the wingtip. This is home to two Cubs a Super and a L-4H. Again one way in and one way out rounding out over the road and adjacent field, before running up the hill to the hangar.

And then back to Plymouth for tea and medals.

Cheers,

Martin

hahahaha.. I enjoyed that little sortie Martin

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Seeing all these Spitfires, I thought I would have a go this morning and have realised how much I have missed the RealAir Spitfires. I'm more of a Hurricane man myself, but have enjoyed these models in the past and again today. Took off from Plymouth (nine miles over the border!) and went and visited a few airfields in Devon. No need for a map as fly the area often in real life, but on the odd occasion today, got a little stumped when unsure of my position (over Dartmoor, where you don't go as most of it is used by the military).

First stop was to Harrowbeer a few miles North of Plymouth, which used to be a WW2 Fighter airfield primarily with Spitfires and Typhoons and then with Air Sea Rescue Walrus. Closed at the end of the war, it was to become the postwar Plymouth Airport, but due to local complaintees this remained at Roborough, now closed. Last week, I walked at Harrowbeer and its amazing how much of it is still there, including all the revetments.

Then off over Dartmoor passing Taw Mill, above the aileron. Two strips can be seen, the runway being the one to the right heading almost at the top of the screen. This is about 600yds long and is uphill so is normally one way in and one out. Interesting to say the least......

Then off to Eggesford. Famous for being home to a lot of Austers. Also based here is the sole surviving Chrislea SkyJeep and the world's only two seat Luton Minor, the Phoenix Duet (its a bit of a squeeze). Scenery for this has been created by Matt Wynn and is still in it's test stage. One of the few FSX airfields that has sloping runways.

And then finally Westacott Farm, a 200 yard strip visible here one field up from the road running left to right above the wingtip. This is home to two Cubs a Super and a L-4H. Again one way in and one way out rounding out over the road and adjacent field, before running up the hill to the hangar.

And then back to Plymouth for tea and medals.

Cheers,

Martin
    Hello Martin
    You and I don't live far apart. Which photo scenery is that? I have Horizon and MSE. Each have their own quirks, some MUCH worse than others. Can never decide which to use;-)
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Hello Martin
    You and I don't live far apart. Which photo scenery is that? I have Horizon and MSE. Each have their own quirks, some MUCH worse than others. Can never decide which to use;-)
    That is a problem. In FSX, the Atlanta area is so poorly done that I wont fly there and I live here.

I'm fairly certain that's GenX with Treescapes. Only GenX (or the version sold by JF) are photo sceneries and that is very definitely photo scenery

ATB
    DaveB

Did someone say RealAir Spitfire??

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Hello Martin
    It's the Horizon scenery with the Shep Shed's trees, UK Pylons and most of the FS2002/4 local addons. Visibility is always no more than 20 miles as never get anything better in real life. Don't normally venture outside the two counties, unless on a long trip to say Compton Abbas!

in the pub now (think the first time have posted in here) waiting for the Rugby to start! Will PM you when eventually get home.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi YoYo,

Great little Mig!

Soon I bought!

And here the Mig-21bis

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice shot YoYo..... perfectly timed !!

Hank

Just Flight Martlet 1.

That's a lovely paint Rob and surprisingly.. one I don't have. Can you point me in the right direction please

Love seeing and hearing the real one. It always sounds like something is about to let go
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's a lovely paint Rob and surprisingly.. one I don't have. Can you point me in the right direction please

Love seeing and hearing the real one. It always sounds like something is about to let go
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave,

It's not done yet. I'm still tweaking on it, hope to have it ready in a day or two.