FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 218

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Is there a distinction between this thread and the new FSX Hotshots subforum?
    I see that this thread is continuing but I was under the impression that screenshots should go in the subforum. Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Is there a distinction between this thread and the new FSX Hotshots subforum?
    I see that this thread is continuing but I was under the impression that screenshots should go in the subforum. Does it matter?
    I had asked the same question, which has lead to the recent activity in the Hot Shots forum. Make your own choice, but I am now putting all my screenies in the dedicated forum.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

So I have this nice new yosemite scenery. How do you navigate to El Capitan? I cant find the damn thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I had asked the same question, which has lead to the recent activity in the Hot Shots forum. Make your own choice, but I am now putting all my screenies in the dedicated forum.
    You asked for it, I passed it on to the team who set up a dedicated section, but it appears to have been largely ignored.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

What if this thread were moved to the hotshots forum? Perhaps that would improve awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    What if this thread were moved to the hotshots forum? Perhaps that would improve awareness.
    Or someone would just start a new thread like this as they can't find the old thread anymore.......

I hope that this "Screenshots" thread is left alone , and not moved .

It is abundantly clear that this thread is more than , just screenshots , it has become a communal
    meeting place , where wonderful talent is displayed , and people are by and large friendly.

We get to see a fantastic array of different aircraft and scenery all under one roof , and often we
    get tips on where to get or download repaints , etc.

It is one thread that I regularly visit.

Cheers
    Karol

I hope that this "Screenshots" thread is left alone , and not moved .

It is abundantly clear that this thread is more than , just screenshots , it has become a communal
    meeting place , where wonderful talent is displayed , and people are by and large friendly.

We get to see a fantastic array of different aircraft and scenery all under one roof , and often we
    get tips on where to get or download repaints , etc.

It is one thread that I regularly visit.

Cheers
    Karol
    I agree,, if it aint broke, dont fix it

cheers ian

If the consensus is that people are in favor of only using this thread, why was the hotshots forum created? (I'm fine with either; just curious about the reasoning.)

The hotshot forum inside the FSX forums was made on request. As nobody knew whether it would be more popular than the current thread, we could only test it by creating the forum.

I hope this sentence makes some sense......

Cheers,
    Huub

Alabeo's C207

Finally got a hold of this cart horse - and what a great 'plane it is too...... After zipping around in their 177, I found that this brought me
    (slowly) back to Earth.

If memory serves, I don't believe I've posted here before (even after what appears to be a failed attempt earlier today) but I wanted to do
    justice to both the 'plane itself and also to Dirk Hueschelrath for his superb repaint - of which he has now made a number available (check
    out the Canadian skins - gorgeous.....).

Anyway, thanks Alabeo and thank-you Dirk.

Passing EGPF

Flying up the west coast of Scotland

Under a beautiful sky

And parked up at UK10 Plockton

All shots straight out of the box.

Thanks for looking...

How sleek! And very nice detail! What bird is this Huub?
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

On my desktop now.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Its the amazing Caudron C.460 racer by Gilles Faulmeyer. The small Caudron C.450 and C.460 were racers before the war. They broke the world speed record several times. Only four were ever built.
    The model is freeware and avialable here: http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.html (Scroll dowm until the middle of the page).
    Personally I thought the original blue textures by Gilles were a bit flat. So I redid the textures for myself, with a bit more shading. No 12 (air frame 6958) never existed in the real world, but is introduced in the comic "Au delas des nuages" (above the clouds) by Romain Hugault. It was flown by one of the main characters in the comic, Pierre Lucas-Ferron.

The model has a very well done VC.

There is a nice video (in French) which tells more or less the complete story of these aircraft, with very nice historic movies:

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    On my desktop now.

Great! Virtavia?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Cheers
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

No, F-111 of GKS.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No, F-111 of GKS.
    GKS great model,but I like the Virtavia Vark
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The hotshot forum inside the FSX forums was made on request. As nobody knew whether it would be more popular than the current thread, we could only test it by creating the forum.

I hope this sentence makes some sense......

Cheers,
    Huub
    Since my GPU went down 6 months ago and every time I save up the cash to replace it something more important empties my wallet (rusty, leaking brake lines on my S-10, timing belt and cam cover gasket on the wife's Kia, leaky house roof) my shots haven't been all that HOT not that they ever were Hot to begin with. I felt a little out of place posting non hot shots in the hot shots forum. But that's just me.