FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 255

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I picked this up (Virtavia model) in a flash sale at PCA.au while waiting unsuccessfully for the AH F3F to appear and am quite impressed given the age of the model..

Enroute Culdrose-Gibraltar..

The wind at FL310 got a bit iffy (63kts from 257) requiring the odd heading change but the Thud hung on well. I notice it porpoises in the cruise (a 4sec cycle) but this adds a reassuring realism.. nothing stays rock steady now does it! Fuel consumption is much better than expected. Reports I've read say pilots need to know where their tankers are but for this flight at least, it wasn't bad at all.

Just prior to parking up at Gib

Flight distance some 850nm as the crow flies. Cruise speed 300kias/M.79 at FL310 and closed down with 39% remaining. Any faster would have taken me above 98% N1 and risked the burner lighting. It's still on sale at PCA.au for $12 AUS and worth it IMHO
    ATB
    DaveB
    There's also an FDE update and cockpit modification available by former Thud drivers. Look for ThudMods and ThudHiVisCockpit.

Now if we could just get an F-105F to go with it, I'd be really happy.

Regards,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

To the un-trained eye, this screenshot could pass for real ... Well done YoYo !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    There's also an FDE update and cockpit modification available by former Thud drivers. Look for ThudMods and ThudHiVisCockpit.

Now if we could just get an F-105F to go with it, I'd be really happy.

Regards,

Ken
    Cheers Ken I'd seen that and was going to ask if anyone here used it. Will give it a go
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Its one of the Great Lakes Aircraft by Golden Age Simulations : http://www.goldenagesimulations.com/...t-biplane.html

Cheers,
    Huub
    thank you very much Huub..good stuff

..hey - whats that WACO doing in there....
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    CWDT Whirlwind for FS9. Works great in FSX.

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/tcwdt/
    But don't you have the VC blocked with a texture?

Cees

The incredible paintkit made by Martin "ICDP" Catney has made it possible to create almost every Bf109E ever built!

And is still hope that one day A2A will decide to create a new version of their beautiful Bf109E.....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Can I download this one somewhere?

Cees

Cees, I don't think I ever uploaded it. But when you want to have it I will mail it to you.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub!

Cees

No problem Cees, I actually did the repaint after reading an article about the Bf109s used in Spain. According to this article, the first BF109 which arrived in Spain were most likely bare metal. Instead of the often used (non-standard) light grey, its far more likely that the Bf109s were painted in RLM02 (which I did in this repaint.).
    According to the writer the last batch was most likely painted green, which had become the standard finish in Germany.

The confusion bout colours was caused by the poor quality of the films and pictures which still remain. After looking at many pictures I think the writer is right....

Cheers,
    Huub

No problem Cees, I actually did the repaint after reading an article about the Bf109s used in Spain. According to this article, the first BF109 which arrived in Spain were most likely bare metal. Instead of the often used (non-standard) light grey, its far more likely that the Bf109s were painted in RLM02 (which I did in this repaint.).
    According to the writer the last batch was most likely painted green, which had become the standard finish in Germany.

The confusion bout colours was caused by the poor quality of the films and pictures which still remain. After looking at many pictures I think the writer is right....

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,

Is there any chance you could mail me the repaint also? I have recently reacquainted myself with the A2A version after many years absence. The VC is still outstanding IMHO. I have also been reading some Squadron/Signal Publications books on the whole family of 109s. The A2A 109-E is still good by modern standards and the Flight Replicas 109-F/G/K very good. Now, if only someone would produce the A, B, C and D versions!

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Hi Huub,

Is there any chance you could mail me the repaint also? I have recently reacquainted myself with the A2A version after many years absence. The VC is still outstanding IMHO. I have also been reading some Squadron/Signal Publications books on the whole family of 109s. The A2A 109-E is still good by modern standards and the Flight Replicas 109-F/G/K very good. Now, if only someone would produce the A, B, C and D versions!

Regards,

Taff
    Of course, you should have them in your mail by now.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Hi Huub,

Regards,

Taff
    A real good D-1 version would be great!

Cees

For a long period I had some hope that A2A would update their Bf109 Emil and would include early version like they did with the Spitfire. Now I don't even expect an update from the Emil any more.

A sad Huub....

For a long period I had some hope that A2A would update their Bf109 Emil and would include early version like they did with the Spitfire. Now I don't even expect an update from the Emil any more.

A sad Huub....
    I still enjoy the A2A Emil a lot! okay, it is not to the current A2A standards, but it still is a lot better than a lot of current addons that we get!

Just MHO of course!

Johan

Brilliant shot Zsolt!!!

Here are some Emil shots! Nothing wrong with that model!

Johan

Love it! Is that Air Show setting a scenery that's available or something you put together yourself Zsolt?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

That is the ACG Duxford addon with the airshow.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    That is the ACG Duxford addon with the airshow.

D.
    Found it. Thanks!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Visitor at Loring AFB

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.