FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 213

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Where did you get that SWEET RN Buccaneer?
    Flying Stations Buccaneer S.1 and S.2 - awesome payware models at a great price...

http://www.flyingstations.com/

Their ships are freeware, as are some of their aircraft (their Wyvern is to die for). Check out the 1960 refit Victorious - simply outstanding, and there's a mid-60s version coming soon. Their payware Hawker Sea Fury is also top notch.

At one point, ages ago, there was talk of an FGR/J/K Phantom model, taken over from another modeller, for future development. No idea where that's at though.

But their existing stuff is really good.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Flying Stations Buccaneer S.1 and S.2 - awesome payware models at a great price...

http://www.flyingstations.com/

Their ships are freeware, as are some of their aircraft (their Wyvern is to die for). Check out the 1960 refit Victorious - simply outstanding, and there's a mid-60s version coming soon. Their payware Hawker Sea Fury is also top notch.

At one point, ages ago, there was talk of an FGR/J/K Phantom model, taken over from another modeller, for future development. No idea where that's at though.

But their existing stuff is really good.

dl
    Thanks. Didnt know about this site. I d/led the Wyvern. Very interesting aircraft! Pilots notes say this thing will do ovre 400 kts, but I have yet to get it much above 300. I also find the reflective cockpit glass is too reflective. I'll have to see if I can monkey around with that. I prefer a clearer glass.

Thanks for this!

Eric

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Didnt know about this site. I d/led the Wyvern. Very interesting aircraft! Pilots notes say this thing will do ovre 400 kts, but I have yet to get it much above 300. I also find the reflective cockpit glass is too reflective. I'll have to see if I can monkey around with that. I prefer a clearer glass.

Thanks for this!

Eric
    Yes, I'd love a cockpit glass fix too - that's the only thing I find a bit annoying about the model. I always wondered if it was "just my PC".

While it's true with any aircraft, most especially so with this aircraft, esp when coming aboard a carrier, the fuel state is super critical. Too heavy, and the sink rate is unmanageable, too light, and the fwd-shifted centre of gravity leaves the elevators with very little authority. Compounded by that super long nose, hands down, at least for me, the hardest plane to land on a boat. Of course, it could very well be poor airmanship on my part ... . I also do curved & crabbed approaches, to maximize my view of the boat, again, likely a cheater/dummy way to do it, but I need every ounce of help.

Which makes it all the more satisfying when I am able to trap ...

... and since this is a screenshot thread, here's a couple (not mine - Fraser/Sketchy's, hope he doesn't mind ...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	12827

Believe it or not, this model, and the Vertigo Studios Panther, which came out at around the same time, are what pushed me over the edge to migrate from FS9 to FSX, around New Year, 2009 ... my how time flies ...

dl

Some nice De Havilland Tiger Moth shots. This is Ants bird.

Sorry for the size of this image. Just thought it looked better bigger.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Fokker lost in bad weather somewhere over France:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Nice Ferry, where did you download that one Something different than a green world and blue sky

Beautiful Moth by the way!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Awesome Bud Anderson Old Crow. Now...is that shopped from the sim, or is that artwork? Facial work on the pilot makes me think not FSX etc.? Great stuff in any case!!! beautiful. I'd add a little sepia tone, but otherwise schweet!

E

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Nice Ferry, where did you download that one Something different than a green world and blue sky

Beautiful Moth by the way!
    DutchCheese, you talking to me? Not sure. The Tiger moth was done by Ant and its in the SOH library. been there since 2009 but I just found it today somehow! its very well done as is all his stuff.

Eric

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Awesome Bud Anderson Old Crow. Now...is that shopped from the sim, or is that artwork? Facial work on the pilot makes me think not FSX etc.? Great stuff in any case!!! beautiful. I'd add a little sepia tone, but otherwise schweet!

E

Straight out of sim. Bomber12th does amazing texture work on his pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Straight out of sim. Bomber12th does amazing texture work on his pilots.
    Can you point me to this texture set? Awesome stuff.

Eric

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Eric,

I believe she is part of the standard P- 51 Flight Leader purchase.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant - Bring on that KC-97!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Nice Ferry, where did you download that one
    I seem to find a new one in my mail box every now and then.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Fall color flight, enjoying the colors while they still remain (before everything turns white!). Flight was around Lake Minnetonka (west of the Twin Cities).