FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 364

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Lordie Joe.. that's one pretty Mustang

Likin' your RCAF paint too JensOle
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post

In the last shot , at lower centre , is the map fixed , or is it a moving map ?

It looks Fantastic !

If it's a moving map , do you need to download maps and install them for that instrument display ?
    Love to see more shots of the instrument .

Cheers
    Karol

Joe,

For KH765 you need to hand make the font. Many RAF Mustangs were painted with non standard fonts for the serials. You need to check pictures of the real aircraft in order to get it accurate.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    In the last shot , at lower centre , is the map fixed , or is it a moving map ?

It looks Fantastic !

If it's a moving map , do you need to download maps and install them for that instrument display ?
    Love to see more shots of the instrument .

Cheers
    Karol
    Hi Karol,

It is a moving map. It's the RPMD (Radar Projected Map Display). Included with the aircraft are terrain files (for the TFR) and maps (for the RPMD) which cover the UK, Italy and Germany. The RPMD and TFR are run with an external SSW program, which saves on FPS in the sim. The developers have also included a batch file which makes downloading more height files for the TFR very easy, and they also included links and tutorials on how to create more maps for the RPMD. I have already made and uploaded some on the Sim Skunk Works website covering France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and the Balearics Islands. Another user, David, has also added some maps for the Middle East and North Africa. To create the maps you just use a program called Mobile Atlas Creator; a handy little program which I'm sure has many uses. The maps use Open Street Map base layers and overlays (Airports, Navaids, Airspaces), although you can choose from a number of map sources with Mobile Atlas Creator.

Link to the Mobile Atlas Creator website: http://mobac.sourceforge.net/
    Link to the map sources files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb7wnfsrgw...urces.zip?dl=0

I will post up some more pics of the RPMD and TFR soon.

Cheers,

Scott

SSW Tornado RPMD (Moving Map Display) and TFR

Hi Scott

My sincere thanks for your nicely detailed reply and the extra shots .

That is totally awesome , I love it , it is a feature that is missing on quite a few aircraft .

With regards
    Karol

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Ahh.. RAF paint too Scott I actually bought this model for that very paint AND.. under the expectation there'd be some RN paints knocking around (which I'd be even more interested in). All too late.. I realised that the RN replacement for the Jetstream is much closer to the 350 than the 200 which explained why there were NO RN paints A MASSIVE D'OH!!
    ATB
    DaveB
    Too bad Dave. Still, I think it's a pretty nice model. I've always loved the King Air, especially since I lived near Essendon Airport where the Victorian Air Ambulance were (mostly) King Airs. To be honest I'm not sure which models they were/are exactly. I used to hear them several times every day (and night) as I lived almost directly under the final approach path. That was a great place to live just for that.

I'm sure you'll be looking at the Milviz King Air then, I think that is a 350.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott

My sincere thanks for your nicely detailed reply and the extra shots .

That is totally awesome , I love it , it is a feature that is missing on quite a few aircraft .

With regards
    Karol
    No probs Karol. I don't like to be a salesman, but it is a well detailed aircraft with some nice features.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott

Would like to get it , do you have a link to where it is available from .

I am particularly interested in the Maps for a Moving Map instrument .

I would love to create a NAV style moving map instrument for my F-111 panel to complement
    my Radar and Mission Adaptive Flight Planner Editor .
    Getting that to work in my panel would be beyond awesome .

I did have a moving map back in the FS9 days , might have to dig it out and do some work on it .
    Love creating these advanced instruments , such a buzz .

Cheers
    Karol

I wonder what it'll take to motivate Henk to convert the AlphaSim F-111 models used in the really neat SHRS F-111 package...

The Best of British

At the time of the Battle for France; Mk.1 Hurricane L1723 FT-N of 43Sqn., fitted with a two blade Watt propeller, was the first production Hurricane to enter service; flown by F/O Patrick 'Tiger' Folkes, it became the first aircraft to shoot down a Heinkel He111 over British soil!
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-18_21-2-1-217.jpg   2016-5-18_20-56-50-599.jpg   2016-5-18_20-57-58-451.jpg   2016-5-18_20-58-8-797.jpg  
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

In Her Element

Mk.IX Spitfire BF273 from RAF Northolt, was one of a pair of specially modified High Altitude Flight Spitfires; she was flown by F/O Emanuel Galzitine.
    He engaged a Ju86R over Southampton in 1942 at a height of 41,000ft; the ensuing fight took them up to 43,000ft; he scored just one hit before his cannons jammed, but this was sufficient to put off the Luftwaffe from pursuing further high altitude raids. This action was to be the highest air battle of WW2.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-30_8-46-0-450.jpg   2016-5-30_8-48-14-383.jpg   2016-5-30_8-53-3-999.jpg   2016-5-30_8-42-5-319.jpg  

Bulldog Breed

Bristol Bulldog IIa K-2222 of 32Sqn. seen performing over 'Glorious Goodwood'.
    It was in such an aircraft that Douglas Bader crashed, while doing aerobatics close to the ground, resulting in him losing both legs! The rest is History!
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-6-1_20-38-50-484.jpg   2016-6-1_20-44-41-307.jpg   2016-6-1_20-48-16-874.jpg   2016-6-1_20-49-56-702.jpg  

Hi Scott

Would like to get it , do you have a link to where it is available from .

I am particularly interested in the Maps for a Moving Map instrument .

I would love to create a NAV style moving map instrument for my F-111 panel to complement
    my Radar and Mission Adaptive Flight Planner Editor .
    Getting that to work in my panel would be beyond awesome .

I did have a moving map back in the FS9 days , might have to dig it out and do some work on it .
    Love creating these advanced instruments , such a buzz .

Cheers
    Karol
    Hi Karol.

The PA200 Tornado is from Sim Skunk Works.

http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/store/

I think you need to register to even look in the store - but it's worth it.

The Tornado is available separately for FSX, P3D V2.5, and P3D V3. When I bought it just after release you got the FSX version if you bought the P3D V2.5 version, but I'm not sure if that offer is still available. It may be worth asking the admin.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott

Thank you for that Link .

Cheers
    Karol

(Ladies) and Gentleman, today proudly (and virtually) presented, life from Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport, flown by Bruce Dickinson, Vocalist of Iron Maiden himself directly from Berlin to Luzern, Switzerland:

Best regards, Manfred.

To all Heavy Metalists who are interested:

It's the Project Open Sky Mega Package vol.5 with added "ED FORCE ONE" texture pack.... OH I LOVE IT.....

Ready to rock at Wacken Open Air Festival 2016....

Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    To all Heavy Metalists who are interested:

It's the Project Open Sky Mega Package vol.5 with added "ED FORCE ONE" texture pack.... OH I LOVE IT.....

Ready to rock at Wacken Open Air Festival 2016....

Thanks - I was looking for that repaint lately - I saw the plane recently in Santiago de Chile where a truck damaged two engines... ups.... probably the driver was distracted by the paint scheme

How about a FSX using 6 screens shot?

Phantom around Palermo and Catania

Milviz F-4S over freeware Italy Photoreal

Cheers,

Scotth6, I love your shots, so familiar to me, and so beautiful for sharpness and colours!

Thanks. It's beautiful scenery in real life and in the sim with the incredible Italy photoreal. I will put a link here in case anyone wants to download.

http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 289