Cruisin' somewhere over the Pacific..

Thread: Cruisin' somewhere over the Pacific..

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Cruisin' somewhere over the Pacific..

At 85,000 feet and Mach 3.2..

PC Aviator has a seven day deal on the Virtavia SR-71; 50% off! (Ends June 30th.)

Unlike the old freeware Alphasim model you'll really need to read the manual to fly this!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Nice! Love that afterburner!:salute:

Patrick

"PC Aviator has a seven day deal on the Virtavia SR-71; 50% off! (Ends June 30th.)"What a deal, a day left !!"Unlike the old freeware Alphasim model you'll really need to read the manual to fly this!"Yes, must read and stay to procedures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Is the vc clickable and how does if feel to fly. I have been checking it out, but don't know if it is something I should get. Just have so many planes.

Videre Vincere Est
    Nice screenies, Ferry

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I never got to fly it. I always killed myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhere48 View Post
    Is the vc clickable and how does if feel to fly.
    Don't really know about the VC yet, so far I've done a bit of high altitude flying using the 2D panels for the CG and the autopilot and a bit of touch and go's around Edwards.

It is a real beast to fly with very narrow margins. At lower altitudes the speed margin to safely fly in is somewhere from 250 kts up to 460 kts, with -0.2 and +2.5 G limits which is hard enough with those powerful engines, but you'll need to keep the AoA in mind too! More than 10 degrees and you risk losing one or bot hengines, exceed 14 degrees and you can enter an almost unrecoverable stall.
    Basically you'll need to fly it like a heavy airliner at lower speeds. (An airliner without flaps that is!)
    Once you go high and fast you'll need to follow procedures and use the autopilot to fly.
    This is one of the first aircraft I had to print a part of the manual to properly fly the aircraft.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ferry

Change the VC resolution in your cfg panel to

[Vcockpit01]
    pixel_size=2048,2048s

your VC will look even better but hits the FPS a bit

Other then this happy flame out

Roland