Golden Age Simulations Lockheed 12 is up!

Thread: Golden Age Simulations Lockheed 12 is up!

Golden Age Simulations Lockheed 12 is up!

Go get it guys!
    www.goldenagesimulations.com

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:ernae:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    I'll have toi wait till the third, but i'm definately getting this one..
    Pam

I wish I could bite, but I'll have to wait until at least next week.. I have got some long distance flights planned in this baby, LOL..

Congrats on the release! :-)

Craig :-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Finally!! A Lockheed 12A. I have always loved the 12A, but it did not sell very well like the Lockheed 10A....but still this is a great contribution to the flightsim world. Now if I could convence Golden Age to create the Japanese L2A Tabby (DC3). It is very differant from the C47/DC3 the differance is it had very powerful engines.

Cheers

Casey

Congratulations on another great aircraft that is really fun to fly and great to look at. Priced less than dinner for two at the local burger place and loaded with all you expect from a quality FSX plane today.

I'd like to see some reviews and more screenshots, because this is just the sort of aircraft I like in FSX. The textures seem a bit flat and featureless, but other than that it looks very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I'd like to see some reviews and more screenshots, because this is just the sort of aircraft I like in FSX. The textures seem a bit flat and featureless, but other than that it looks very good indeed.
    Flat and Featureless? I beg your pardon. You can count the rivets on the skin. There are more details on our website. I suggest you look there. There is a video as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Flat and Featureless? I beg your pardon. You can count the rivets on the skin. There are more details on our website. I suggest you look there. There is a video as well.
    Yes, sorry, I should have been more exact. I'd already been to the website and watched the video before I posted. Rivets, yep, got those. But the fuselage skin itself seems a little too smooth and seamless, the bare metal one particularly so. Sheet metal riveted at intervals to a framework just isn't that perfectly flat, particularly when its 1930s vintage.

Good model though and definitely on my 'maybe' list. Just the sort of aircraft I wish there were more of in FSX

OMG...thought the rivit counters and nit pickers were banished....just apprieate others hard work and either buy and fly the plane or dont buy it...stop being a pita

Blog Entries
    Wellll, I think i got about half of TWVA headed your way, and i'll be there come the third.. I think its gorgeous, and i'm really glad to see her done..
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    OMG...thought the rivit counters and nit pickers were banished....just apprieate others hard work and either buy and fly the plane or dont buy it...stop being a pita
    I'm simply making an observation and commenting on one aspect of the model.

Spad54, I'd imagine that a different texture could add irregularities.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Wellll, I think i got about half of TWVA headed your way, and i'll be there come the third.. I think its gorgeous, and i'm really glad to see her done..
    Pam
    Okee Dookiee done.

And I tip my hat to GAS, wonderful model and creation of Art.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    They can be quite easily.
    Nice aeroplane, shame I can't fly her in GW3.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    They can be quite easily.
    Then please do.

This project took us 6 months to develop and with a team of 4 dedicated modelers and and texture artists.
    We are hobbyists keeping a small venture alive on a shoe string. We're in it for the airplanes, hence why the price point is kept low. It barely covers expenses.

Thanks for the support from forum members who spoke up and thanks for observations that we can always improve.

I believe at this point before anyone says or does anything they might regret that this thread be locked. Could an admin do that? I know that I did not start it, but lets move on and enjoy the model. Thanks all

Next for us is the Boeing 247...............starting production this fall.

Most enjoyable aircraft. Pleasure to fly. Thanks Spad. And the sound pack is really good.

yep it is a great bird bring on the 247...hope the Wacos get some FSX native love down the road too
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spad, just to re-emphasise what I was suggesting, here is an example of it - what the OzX team did with the default Goose

The texture's bumps and dents along the nose really add some character to the aircraft, and I think your model, being of similar vintage, would benefit too.

Smooth as a baby's "". lockheed was known for their fine metal work back in the day, not to sure about Grumman :salute:

hey PaulK?..i had a knee jerk reaction there,,i appologise...i do feel that there is no need to be a nitpicker..but seeing your follow up posts..its seems you werent being at pita..but were just making more of a request or "please tak a closer look",,( i cant talk for you)..but i do appologise for my outburst.....i musta been off my meds....yeah ill go with that

It is amazing when someone that does not develop planes or even owns the plane in question can intimidate a developer such as GAS. GAS is built on the same principals that Bill Lyons had when we were the Golden Eagle Squadron. Bill put out a quality product for very little money. I know because I was a member of that group back in the day.

As far as this mans intention I am perplexed. Does he want all the textures redone? As the texture artist in question I can assure you I will not redo all the textures for this plane. I took a close look at pictures such as I posted above and geared my results to mimic them. Lockheed had very good metal work and produced flat and even panels.

I hope this type of nibbling attack does not do in another fine developer that only has the interest of the Golden age flyer at heart.

Back when I was working the flight line at Santa Rosa, a Lockeed 12...and then a Grumman Mallard came and parked on our ramp. Both were exquisite airplanes. The 12 had a polish so fine on it that it was literally a flying mirror. The Grumman had a beautiful blue/grey scheme. Why is it the days you don't bring your camera to the airport all the super cool stuff flies in?:mixedsmi:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Spad, no problem.. Hate to lock it but since you requested it.. I'll do it..
    Pam