Clutch Cargo Andean Airways - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clutch Cargo Andean Airways

Nice snap of a beautiful DC-3 Al .... Good Luck!!
    salt_air

I would belatedly like to join up flying a MAAM Sim DC3.

DC3 Airways bare metal scheme.

Welcome simondix. Always room for one more!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

having trouble with the RTW. Keep getting red on the realism settings. My Crash is off and fuel is off. Any ideas. I have the latest update.

A bit late posting but I'll be taking part in the Calclassics C46 - Buffalo Airways offered me one of theirs but it wouldn't take the SA flight model. Luckily I managed to scrounge another one from Aerocondor!

Sorry to disappoint you Salt_Air, but payload counts in this event and this thing's got more than the DC3!
    Mick (G-ACFC)
    PPL(A)

Charter Member 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    having trouble with the RTW. Keep getting red on the realism settings. My Crash is off and fuel is off. Any ideas. I have the latest update.
    Hi Simon . The attachment shows the minimum requirements for the Aircraft realism settings . Some of us also have the P-factor , torque and gyro set to max right but is not necessary . If you use the settings as shown in the Attach then you should be goos to go Remember to restart FSX/fs9 after making these changes for the cfg to update

Hope this helps mate

ps make sure the sliders are "FULLY" to the right . Its easy to think its full but is only 99% there
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Have been back and forth across the Atlantic... 3 different Continents searching for something Miss Nell would approve of...

My mate at B.O.A.C. was interested in lending me a B-377 complete with a crew... "Too bloody big... Nell Richards would beat me about my head and shoulders if I dare ask."

Off to Greenland to find the Desert Rat (a converted B-17E) having worked as a C-108. Despite her engine troubles she did a great job working the Hump. Knuckleheads in supply did a poor job getting replacement parts for her and she ended up taking a bad rap.

For the love of Pete... it's back at Dow Field in Maine... and already sold for scrap and the owner won't part with it. Too little time to find another "E" and hire a crew from Patterson to make the conversion to fly now... leave this idea as a backup plan.

Finally! Success as my mate from B.O.A.C. met up with me in Rio (de Janeiro) to find one of his contacts in Peru. This "contact"... a general in the Fuerza Aérea del Perú turned "our" request into a weeklong celebration at his villa in Cuzco where it was non-stop eating and drinking... many cheers saying how we were going to make the most powerful Air Force south of the Rio Bravo. Singing arm in arm with promises of Hawker Hunters and F-86 Sabres... Hopefully he won't remember any of those things we promised... what a blur that week was...

A short jeep ride to the airport and we find a beautiful DC-3 idling on the runway right in front of the terminal. Well... off to Maracaibo "to get this show on the road."

Using MAAM-SIM DC-3 Cargo with a lovely Fuerza Aérea del Perú repaint by Daniel Nole (generously located by me mate Bry Rosier).

Well that is a first rate entrance!

Welcome aboard, Rob.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mickj300 View Post
    A bit late posting but I'll be taking part in the Calclassics C46 - Buffalo Airways offered me one of theirs but it wouldn't take the SA flight model. Luckily I managed to scrounge another one from Aerocondor!

Sorry to disappoint you Salt_Air, but payload counts in this event and this thing's got more than the DC3!

Just glad to "see" mate .... the C-46 is a handful even empty, should be a good time.

All the best !!
    salt_air

Request permission to fly north from Salta.

Just hanging around in Salta, and got an offer that's hard to refuse (and that I'm sure Mrs Nellie will appreciate).
    Guess it would also make sense to scout the route tor the company from that end.

Gunter

(... and will perfectly fit into an RTW flight that is a continuation of the McRobertson Trophy event. )

Ran down to see our chief of operations, Tex Winters. Luckily, he was at his office in the Cafe Habana, sitting with his boots on the table and staring into his glass in deep philosophical inquiry. Tex has been around a while and seen some sights. Fine pilot from the early days, by all accounts.

"Dadgummit!" (Or some such word.) "Can't these boys follow directions? ... Tell the fellow to show up for work at the right place and the right time. And sober, too."

For all his gruff manner, Tex is a good soul. But best to pay attention to what he says.

----

Gunter, the route is set up so that there is a strategic choice at the end. So please start from Maracaibo. Thanks.

(Perhaps your personal RTW counter would allow a "reverse segment.")

Best,
    Mike

BTW. We'd like to welcome back the champion of the 2009 Evita Challenge!
    -Mike

Just a quick thank you to all you who helped me with my RTW problem.

MM's MGW & EW

Hi Mike,

"Whilst perusing" the threads... I happened to noticed that your flights… you were close to MGW with not a great deal of fuel.

Then late last night when doing some panel setup / practice, I noticed with a light fuel load and 6000lbs payload (plus 340 for crew minus the oil) I was nowhere near MGW.

Today it dawned on me (no pun intended, Tstorms fwiw here) to check EWs: all my MAAM aircraft.cfg's have a listed Empty Weight of 16125.0 lbs. Checked your EW and saw "no wonder" your EW is 19021.0 lbs... you've been luggin' around almost 3k more lbs than what I will...

Do we up my EW?
    Give you bonus points?
    Declare you Honorary Loadmaster? :salute:

Anxious in Annapolis (indy-annapolis)

Rob, that is very interesting. Thanks for raising it.

We do have different Empty Weights. And your number looks closer to the numbers published elsewhere for the DC-3. I wonder if I have a very old version of the MAAM-SIM aircraft. (The aircraft.cfg files are from 2004 and 2005.)

Or perhaps Willy, PRB, Taco and Moses03 have put some concrete blocks under the cargo deck.

In any case, you should certainly use the numbers from the aircraft on your hard disk! It would be interesting to hear about others' MAAM-SIM DC-3 weights...

--Mike
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Or perhaps Willy, PRB, Taco and Moses03 have put some concrete blocks under the cargo deck.
    A refresher...

Flying to Merida

Tried to get to Merida in the early evening.Attachment 41045

... But best to pay attention to what he says.
    OkOk, I hear ya (and no problem).
    Fine pilot from the early days, you say? Dang, bureaucracy wears the best men down ...

Give me a day to head over to Maracaibo.

Gunter

Hold that thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by teson1 View Post
    Request permission to fly north from Salta.

Just hanging around in Salta, and got an offer that's hard to refuse (and that I'm sure Mrs Nellie will appreciate).
    Guess it would also make sense to scout the route tor the company from that end.

Gunter

(... and will perfectly fit into an RTW flight that is a continuation of the McRobertson Trophy event. )

Scary as usual with you .... I have a return adventure planned ... no details yet, but I'll have to get back to my around the world vehicle in Curacao ... Heard there was work in Argentina ... some going north ... sorta, kinda, eventually anyway.

You could do your continuation then ... and get paid as well!

May be a way yet disclosed to get 2 commissioned "paid while you fly" ferries out of my International Air Freight Broker .... don't like to tell names and tales, but his initials are Juan Trippe.

Looks like we could be teaming up again with sextants and compasses ... and pencils with erasers.

How does this keep happening? ... :mixedsmi:
    salt_air

Charter Member 2014
    It would be interesting to hear about others' MAAM-SIM DC-3 weights...

--Mike
    Hi Mike , I`m not using the Maam-Sim dc-3 ( although in hindsight I wish I was ) however I do have it from my fs9 days and is updated to FSX spec . My empty weight on all models "except the XC" is also 16125 lbs . Hope this helps
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

MAAM-SIM DC-3

Hey Mike ... Hey Bry,

My version 9 MAAM - SIM C-47A Cargo (for FS9) cfg file shows an empty weight of 19021 lbs.... not including the oil load out figure of 405 lbs.

Max Gross is 26900 lbs.

While all of the other models (including the XC - 47C) show an empty weight figure (without oil) of 16125 lbs. and the same Max Gross of 26900 lbs.

It appears as though MAAM - SIM has a mistakenly perhaps swapped the empty weights for the XC - 47C and the C- 47A Cargo aircraft.

Interesting ... deserves a "second" opinion from an accurate source.
    salt_air

the douglasdc3.com website quotes:
    Empty: 16,865 lbs
    Maximum Takeoff: 25,200 lbs
    but doesn't mention a specific version.

Buffalo's website says MTOW of 26900 but empty of 17500# (typical)

The MTOW was gradually raised from early versions so the 26900 seems sound, while "empty" would vary significantly with equipment and parts, but 16125 would make sense for something stripped down to essentials for work in the Andes (eg. bucket vs fancy flush toilet)

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Is there a posting?

Just wondering about the Clutch Cargo rally and how is it scored. Is there a place that shows the results of our flights or which flights we have done? Any comments, things like that?

Is the info from my RTW getting to where it is supposed to? Does flying at night get any more points?

I have read some interest about DC Airway. I've been flying with DC Airways for a number of years now. They are a great bunch of guys. We have multiplayer flights 2 to 3 time a week plus pick flights. Vatsim for some as well. Numerous flight to enjoy on your own. One of our guys, I think, is planning to use these flights this Fall for mulitplay.

I have enjoyed the challenge. Thanks
    Larry Bevis DCA 1484 (AKA Granpappy)

SOH-CM-2017
    Paul is keeping score for us here:

http://www.prbsystems.com/AirRacing/...cking_2.0.html

He will likely update it weekly or some such schedule.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Merida was down to 2 Miles Vis as we approached over the pass. Barely made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpappy View Post
    Tried to get to Merida in the early evening.Attachment 41045
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Flying to Bogota

Had really good weather today. Nice flight.

Attachment 41350