Also another top 10 for Danica

Thread: Also another top 10 for Danica

Also another top 10 for Danica

Hey All,

The woman is a driver - smart and talented. Talent is absolutely not just being showy. Real talent is driving smart, controlling aggression, improving and taking care of your equipment and learning to be there at the end. That is what Pearson did, Johnson does, Kenseth does (and I'm not really a fan of his) and even Harvick does to an extent. Danica is learning well and is absolutely an open wheeler I would and do cheer for in NASCAR.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

I confess to getting initially caught up in "Danica-Mania" too....

UNTIL when I realized that there were other women racers who out performed Danica in the IndyCar feeder series & who are also arguably performing better than Danica in IndyCar in lesser-funded teams who just don't get all the PR that Danica does...

Lightbulb

I should caveat...
    EasyEd, one thing I do agree with you about Danica is that her approach to NASCAR is definitely correct & spot-on...

Hey All,

She does exactly the same thing in Indy Car - save the equipment and if the time is right it's go time. She can wheel a car around on track just like anybody else - she doesn't show it alot. Last year trying to get by TK who was blocking was one example I recall. I don't know how soon she'll go to NASCAR but she'll do fine when she does. Stewart Haas would be a good choice if she does. I've actually been really surprised at how well Eury Jr has been CCing her car. He is maybe better than I've given him credit for. Who knows in a year or two we may well see her do the double - Indy and Charlotte in one day 1100 miles.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

1) Yes I too agree, Stewart-Haas would definitely be a good choice for her...
    2) Unfortunately for Eury Jr., he bore the brunt of the blame for Dale Jr's performance, hence why quite a people have a negative view of him...

Members who have read this thread: 0