KSFO Replacement Carrier CVN68 BY Javier Fernandez

Thread: KSFO Replacement Carrier CVN68 BY Javier Fernandez

KSFO Replacement Carrier CVN68 BY Javier Fernandez

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: this addon replaces the Bad Looking Stock carrier near the golden Gate Bridge with the CVN68 Created By Javier Fernandez

Plus it has start points and helipads to start on aboard the ship enjoy i know i will

:salute:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KSFO Replacement Carrier CVN68 BY Javier Fernandez
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Carrier Missions and Crosshairs?

Hi, I'm not new to FSX, (4 years), but I can't explain why I never got around to joining SOH Forums. Anyway, I've had Javier’s Carrier package in a number of my builds including the latest one for which I added an SSD dedicated to the O/S and of the 2 additional HDDs I dedicated one to FSX. Having done this relatively recently, (4 months or so), I expected that I would finally get the T45C Goshawk Carrier mission/challenge to work but no cigar.

Every time I pick it as a mission to load, an error box opens and basically says that the plane is not found. Over the years I've tried this with the T45C v2.0, 2.01, 2.10, 2.2, and now the latest one which I think is 2.40. I've emailed them both, (Dino and Javier), and never got a reply and to this day, I can't seem to find any solution.

So, (I'm sure you see this coming), I came up on your post and thought that maybe you may know something about why that's happening, would you have any ideas? If not, have you ever heard of this happening to anyone else? I can't find anything that seems to describe this as an issue but then, I may not be recognizing what is posted if they're using a different name for it.

The other thing was the "Crosshair POV" that I always see in some of the Javier Carrier videos. I'm not Navy, and don't know the tech name for it at the moment, but it's that POV that shows an incoming aircraft approaching for a landing on the carrier. The operator who's watching this 'crosshair' display is instructing the pilot by telling him he's high/low/left or right. I have the latest Javier carrier package, (I'm talking about that basic package that's been out for years), and the USS Nimitz package that 'ed golander' put out, (I think it was him).

I'm sure you recognize it but this was the install instructions from that pack:
    "To Install, Simply run the Executable, this will place the T-45 Goshawk Carrier directory in the military folder in Missions directory. The rewards should be placed in the Rewards Directory. If the executable is a problem for you simply e-mail me and I will supply you a Zip File instead. I did the logic for the fellow T-45 and EH-101 to just loop every so often, continuously to get some activity going.

Default Mission starts off near Dusk Time Frame."

Anyway, if you have any idea as to how to get that "Crosshair display" POV or why that T45C mission would crash, (all were installed per instructions), please let me know, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks, Rich
    Windows 7 H.P. 64bit / FSX Deluxe Gold w/Accl Pack
    Corsair 780T case/ MSI z97 MPower MAX AC/ 16GB RipJaws RAM 8x2 (2400Mhz)/ Corsair 1000w PSU/ i7 4790K CPU (Dev Cnyn) Overclocked to 4.9 GHz*/ GTX 1070 8G/ Crucial MX200 500gb SSD OS Drive (two of these)/ Crucial MX100 500gb SSD/ Plextor 512GB SSD/ Plextor 256GB SSD/ Kingston 250GB SSD/ MomentusX 1TB SSHD External USB 3.0 / *CPU is Liquid-cooled Swiftech semi closed-loop system w/One 240mm x 120mm radiator and One 140mm x 140 mm radiator

No install instructions for the SFO Carrier replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: this addon replaces the Bad Looking Stock carrier near the golden Gate Bridge with the CVN68 Created By Javier Fernandez

Plus it has start points and helipads to start on aboard the ship enjoy i know i will

:salute:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KSFO Replacement Carrier CVN68 BY Javier Fernandez
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Package lacks install instructions. How to put this in please? Does this overwrite the existing carrier or do I need to treat it as I would any other external addon scenery?

Eric

Catapult question

Nimitz looks nice in this scenery, can trap on carrier but cannot use catapult....is there a way to make the catapult work or is there something I' prob doing wrong. Kinda hard to screw up the installation of two files I think....

Any help would be most appreciated....

Rob
    Rob Schreiber

Rob, I tried that KSFO Carrier scenery yesterday after reading your post and apparently Javier's Nimitz does not have a launch capability when used as a scenery .bgl item. I was able to trap aboard but could not engage the cat shuttles. I recommend you delete that scenery and get Javier's fully-capable Nimitz and Eisenhower package for FSX. It is compatible with Lamont Clark's AICarriers2 program which allows you to place a FSX carrier (or any AI ship or group of ships) 5 or 10 miles ahead of you wherever you're flying. Javier's CV's are uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip and AICarriers2 is aicarriers2.zip at Flightsim.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Rob, I tried that KSFO Carrier scenery yesterday after reading your post and apparently Javier's Nimitz does not have a launch capability when used as a scenery .bgl item. I was able to trap aboard but could not engage the cat shuttles. I recommend you delete that scenery and get Javier's fully-capable Nimitz and Eisenhower package for FSX. It is compatible with Lamont Clark's AICarriers2 program which allows you to place a FSX carrier (or any AI ship or group of ships) 5 or 10 miles ahead of you wherever you're flying. Javier's CV's are uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip and AICarriers2 is aicarriers2.zip at Flightsim.com.

TARPSBird Thanks for the reply, will do on the carrier pack, tho spawning on the carrier was nice!
    Rob Schreiber