Devonport/ Plymouth

Thread: Devonport/ Plymouth

Devonport/ Plymouth

Hi all

feel a bit odd asking this on a flightsim fourm but does anybody know of any scenery for Plymouth / Devonport I found some cfs 2 scenery but it wont fit with the default Fs9 mesh. I'm experimenting with ship AI atm and fancied some naval traffic (destroyers and subs and such) for the Hunters / and phantoms to perform Simulated attacks on I've just tried adapting Collin Glendinning's C class to run in FS9 which looks great (still trying to get it to move though!) If there isn't one I've been trying to knock up a basic one using AFCAD but as I've already posted I'm having trouble getting Auto Gen to dissapear!

Regards

Hooky

Hooky -
    You might find something here: http://www.shepsshed.com/bits.htm
    Scroll right down to the bottom.
    The shipping can be a bit heavy on FPS on older machines.

MikeW

At shepshed (top of that page) is the wonderful 'South West Scenery' by Nick Ryall which contains Devonport Dockyard, the Torpoint Ferry, Tamar Bridges, Breakwater etc etc!!

Martin

Yes, Shep has lots of goodies there, I have most of the FS2004 ones; Most of it is meant for the GM/VF photoscenery and mesh, not the default.
    Hooky seemed to be looking for marine traffic, that's why I pointed him to Shep's Marinascene, but I am sure he will find other interesting stuff ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Yes, Shep has lots of goodies there, I have most of the FS2004 ones; Most of it is meant for the GM/VF photoscenery and mesh, not the default.
    Hooky seemed to be looking for marine traffic, that's why I pointed him to Shep's Marinascene, but I am sure he will find other interesting stuff ;-)
    Thanks for the heads up guys! Thats exactly what I was looking for thank you As I was saying I have been playing about with Collin Glendinning's C class Destroyers (50's / Early 60's) and his RFA tanker and now have them Shipping in and out of HMNB Devonport which is exactly what i was after.

Heres some screens
    HookyAttachment 37899Attachment 37900Attachment 37901

thanks again

Hooky:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up guys! Thats exactly what I was looking for thank you As I was saying I have been playing about with Collin Glendinning's C class Destroyers (50's / Early 60's) and his RFA tanker and now have them Shipping in and out of HMNB Devonport which is exactly what i was after.

Heres some screens

thanks again

A million questions, but the biggest two are, where can I get them and how on earth do I do that?

I've got my Portsmouth/Southsea/Thorney Island and Isle of Wight etc sorted out, but this would be the icing on the cake!

Kind regards

John

Never give up, never surrender.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, this scenery looks superb! Downloading a dollop now, and if this is the sort of level Hooky is going for, waiting for 'Yeovilton' is driving me bonkey!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Well John,

Like i said Its just an experiment at the moment. Firstly, In order to release the C-class and RFA as AI for fs9 I would need permission From the original authors (they were the Fox four Cfs2 ships originally before I tweaked them to work in fs9)so I cannot and will not release them without that. Secondly the "Flightplan" / AFCAD still needs work and there are alot more of CG's ships i have tried or would like to port over which will not show up! But providing I get permission and work out the bugs I shall go ahead and release both in due course. as for the Plymouth/ Devonport scenery if you look at the link to shepshed website there a link to it at the top of the page.

Regards Hooky

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Gentlemen, this scenery looks superb! Downloading a dollop now, and if this is the sort of level Hooky is going for, waiting for 'Yeovilton' is driving me bonkey!
    Patience my friend.........Patience.....I've finished RNAS Merryfield now and I'm just waiting for Ian to get back from Holiday and then after a few tweaks we'll be done

Devonport will probably be separate though as I said Its permission pending and I know Collin and the Fox Four team do have a policy on use of there models and where they are posted. But we shall see I still have some work to do first!

Hooky

Blog Entries
    Hooky, I'm absolutely drooling here. Seen enough of Daedelus, HMS Victory, Portsmouth, Lee-on-Solent, Cowes and cows, to last a lifetime. Can't find a drop of real 'scrumpy' anywhere either.
    Got to get the 'fury' back to Yeovilton before John Beattie realises I've swiped it!
    Things are becoming desparate...

...I'm sitting here gathering sounds like the plague for the Japanese Zero and no one has even made one yet!
    Seriously!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Patience my friend.........Patience.....I've finished RNAS Merryfield now and I'm just waiting for Ian to get back from Holiday and then after a few tweaks we'll be done

Hooky
    Phew! I'm nearly one of those mental patience...tweak, Hooky! TWEAK!
    And not twoweeks!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Anything that brings 'Guz' to life will be worth waiting for

Kind regards

John
    Never give up, never surrender.

Heres some screens

thanks again

Looks wonderful. I did have a play around once with Plymouth Naval AI and had a couple of Destroyers moving around, but sadly since a PC crash lost the files. What would be wonderful would be a landable Carrier sailing from Plymouth and down the Cornish coast.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Looks wonderful. I did have a play around once with Plymouth Naval AI and had a couple of Destroyers moving around, but sadly since a PC crash lost the files. What would be wonderful would be a landable Carrier sailing from Plymouth and down the Cornish coast.

Martin
    I Know but I think thats an experiment for FSX when i finally get Around to owning a rig fast enough to run it. On the plus side the Flying stations Ark Royal pack for FS9 does place the Ark off the Devonshire coast so i guess its not too far away.