Nimes Garons FSX Scenery coming soon!

Thread: Nimes Garons FSX Scenery coming soon!

Nimes Garons FSX Scenery coming soon!

Here's a few piccies of freeware scenery my buddy Guy Neild and I have been working on for the last few months. Nimes Garons 'LFTW' has quite a 'mix' of activity real world, including French Navy, French Marines, a Civil Terminal, Maintenance facility, and more.

We've tried to recreate this level of activity by including all major buildings, hangars, static aircraft, gate guards and AI traffic.

We're just in the final stages of testing, so we should be ready to release very soon. This is our first effort at 'real' scenery, but I must say we're both quite pleased with the result

I thought it'd be good to compare the real world base with our scenery - I'm pretty sure you'll guess which is which! I'll post a few more pic's and details as we get closer to release. :salute:

Attachment 37420
    Attachment 37421
    Attachment 37422
    Attachment 37423

Impressive work! Something to be very proud of. I'm envious of the modeling skills.

<--------------------- What happens when I even consider installing Gmax!

Excellent. Another BAN (Base Aeronautique Navale) to fly into. Can't have too many French military bases.
    :ernae:

Nice stuff!

Out of curiosity mainly, but is the hanger (front) overhang actually modeled, or is what I'm seeing on the front of the hangers, all an actual texture? Reason I ask, if the overhang is physically modeled, some, if not most of the shading below could be removed due to the real light creating the shadows.

Just thinking out loud

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Nice stuff!

Out of curiosity mainly, but is the hanger (front) overhang actually modeled, or is what I'm seeing on the front of the hangers, all an actual texture? Reason I ask, if the overhang is physically modeled, some, if not most of the shading below could be removed due to the real light creating the shadows.

Just thinking out loud
    Thanks for the comments! It's very encouraging and certainly helps us press on to get the scenery released - thank you :salute:

Oleboy, yes the overhang is modeled with a 'shaded' texture applied to the face of the hangar. I must admit I'm not a great fan of 'self shading' in the Sim. [I hope that's what you're referring to]. I prefer to let the textures do this work, although I do appreciate how poor the results can be when only using textures...

Here's a few more piccies. The Breguet Alize 1050 is my first attempt at modeling an aircraft, so please be gentle! The Garons C-47 gate guard is an existing AI model made by 'DC-3 Airways' and painted by me. Thanks to help from John Young and the team at 'Airfield Construction Group', I was able to make 'ground splash' lighting for the base.

Attachment 37563Attachment 37564
    Attachment 37565Attachment 37566
    Attachment 37567

Hi folks,

For anyone interested in taking a look - Garons Navy FSX is now available from Avsim and Flightsim.com. A few final pic's of the Tower, Tower View and AI Traffic [kindly contributed by the original modeler].

Attachment 37791Attachment 37792
    Attachment 37793Attachment 37794

It looks great with just the right amount of military presence. It was great fun to see the Super Etendard and Rafale parked and then to see them taxiing out and flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    It looks great with just the right amount of military presence. It was great fun to see the Super Etendard and Rafale parked and then to see them taxiing out and flying around.
    Agreed Frank, and a big thanks to you for helping with the permissions for these two excellent models and the beta testing you did! I think if I keep watching the Super Etendard AI it'll trap on the wire one day... in my dreams!

Here's one that did real world - not sure of the reason, perhaps some malfunction in the brakes?

Attachment 37839

Looks absolutely wonderful !~
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/