The flashing panals are back

Thread: The flashing panals are back

The flashing panals are back

Well the flashing panals on the stock ac as well as the D/L ac are back. I tried a fresh D/L and the same thing happened.I have never had this problem and didn`t have this problem untill I put this machine online. If I can`t figure this out I am going to stop flight simming all togeather.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Hi Bob
    I'm sure you can figure it out.
    Bob. I wish I could help you better. But I'm not sure what you mean
    I tried a fresh D/L
    Are you
    1, trying to download CFS2? That would not be wise
    or
    2, are you installing from original CD Rom?

or
    3, are we talking about a copied install that you have saved on a backup harddrive?

If you think there is some thing happening when Windows or some other program updates stuff. You are probably right on target.

I can't imagine someone would try to hack into your computer just to spoil your hobby, unless, maybe, someone close to you is trying to tell you something!

You will have to roll the system back to before the problem started.
    You've done that a few times now, it should be getting easier, you can do it again.

This time, be sure to disable automatic updates, Have the system ask you what updates you want to install. Only install security updates. look at the what the other updates actually are. If you deem them meaningful install them in small groups to try and pick off the one that is buggy.

Simon, i think he means that he reinstalled a fresh copy of the downloaded model for good measure.

Bob, i don't mean anything personal here, but with all the CFS2 problems you've encountered since using this old Vista 32bit operating system, you may be happier in CFS2 with something older, yet more manageable like XP. I know you said that you don't have an full XP disk, but don't you have any connections locally who still have an old XP install disk lying around someplace you can "borrow"?

Like i said before in your other SOS threads, for whatever reason, your system configuration is now permanently screwed up, beyond the scope of our ability to assist you remotely from this forum with mere suggestions. You need local help - someone who can literally put hands on your system and try several tweaks and such to get you back. I sense your frustration, but repeatedly threatening to leave the sim behind here at the forum won't change our ability to help -- we just don't have an easy answer for the deep problems affecting your computer. If rollbacks don't help, you need a local geek who can either purge your system with complicated, deep cleaning methods or just wipe the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and programs. That's the ONLY way to get you back to normal CFS2 gameplay.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hi Bob,

I think Bearcat is correct. Find another harddrive and install with XP.

I had the same problem with a system that has Vista on it and I fixed it with XP.

Regards,
    B24Guy

I really don't think it's a Vista thing at all. Been running CFS2 on Vista 32 bit for ages and haven't had any of those prob's.
    I'd go along with BC and get a tech guy to hook up some diagnostics on it....could even be a crook motherboard or ram.

Fellows thanks for the help you have given.I have to agree with you I do need some help but due to a small fixed income and having to take care of my 93 year old mother I can`t afford to pay for the help. I do have a viste home premium recovery disk 32 bit but it has been a very long time sence I did a full recovery and that was win98se.
    BOB EDWARDS

The only time I am lossing the Panal ,up to this point, is when is I tagal my tact display or hit shift Z.I have got to test the DC3 Panal I use and if that is all that happens, then I can live, for now, with that.
    BOB EDWARDS

Bob, I had some similar problems a long time ago. After a lot of help from my trusty Dell forum I was urged to check my computer with a free memory test program obtained from: http://www.memtest.org/. It took a long time to run, but I had a glitch in my RAM, which I replaced and have been happily flying since. Try it and good luck.

Bob try free flight with the sliders down. This should let you know if the problem is your cfs2 install or a computer problem. I use vista 64 bit and cfs2 works great. I am also using 4 gigs of ram and a 512 mb video card.