Too stubborn to die...

Thread: Too stubborn to die...

Too stubborn to die...

Took his engine and he still thinks he can take me ...Weird, huh?

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hehe, when he notices how quiet it got all of a sudden he'll figure it out!

That's because it's Adolf Galand flying that kite.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Nice screenshot
    Just set to desktop background.

His airlife is probably in his airfile. Didn't he have a part in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    That's because it's Adolf Galand flying that kite.
    I agree, that's Adolf for sure:salute:

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

This seems to be a thing with the AH_BF109E. In one QC session of many enemy respawns, i must have encountered this at least eight times in my own kills, maybe another four in watching the kills of my wingies. Looking at the dp i can see that the breakaway nose structure has a damage tolerance of only 167 and a fx_fatal_explosion_l entry built into its effects -- that's a devastating effect that should disable the viability of the entire flight envelope, beyond simply taking off the nose.

Oh well, looks like another trip to the tool box...always something to fix, right?

If you do fix it then send your fix my way please!!!

Sure Ian...i'll post it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    His airlife is probably in his airfile. Didn't he have a part in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"?
    LOL - "I've had worse - (No you haven't!) Have at you!"
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If Adolf Galland can do that in a 109 then what he could do in a 262 ?

my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Astill View Post
    If you do fix it then send your fix my way please!!!
    Ian, here ya go. Change the *.txt extension to *.dp and drop this into your AH_BF109 folders. Be sure to delete any current *.CDP files in those folders.

Thank you muchly!

Thanks Bearcat.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I always have to laugh when I see or hear of "fx_fatal_explosion_l" being in a Aircraft or Ship DP. fx_fatal_explosion_s,m and l are the FX used by CFS2 for when an Aircraft strikes the ground. I just love those floating Craters in the sky or on the water and the dirt spray..... Too Funny.
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen32Win View Post
    I always have to laugh when I see or hear of "fx_fatal_explosion_l" being in a Aircraft or Ship DP. fx_fatal_explosion_s,m and l are the FX used by CFS2 for when an Aircraft strikes the ground. I just love those floating Craters in the sky or on the water and the dirt spray..... Too Funny.
    Yeah, i know...

For the pleasure of colorful and spectacular crashes of my kills, i use "FireDOWN" FX package by LouieG, which contains a heavily modified version of fx_fatal_explosion_l. So you can imagine my surprise the first time i saw this model's nose explode away mid-air in a most colorful display, complete with a ground shock wave too, which is exactly why I don't use his companion MidAir Fire FX "SkyAFIRE" pack. It leaves way too much color spash and weirdness in the sky in an extreme takedown scenario. I don't mind it so much on the ground in a crash, but not in the sky. I think the use of this ground related fx_fatal_explosion_l call in mid air explosions may have confused the sim as well, resulting in kills still flying about long after they should have crashed.

The stock version of this FX has NO hit points at all and while it looks like it would really make a wreck of things it doesn't do squat. It has a Hit Point Range of 0.00, 0.00.

When I modified this FX for the original AF Arty Shell package is when it started blowing things up. That's how the whole thing works. The Arty Shell is nothing more than a very fast flying Inviso-Plane. The magic is in the FX.

Since then many others have made newer versions of it too. So you really have to open it up with Notepad to see if it's going to destroy anything.

BTW, I'm with you on the over the top FX, pretty but not very funtional in a busy mission. FPS in the Mud.
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Ian, here ya go. Change the *.txt extension to *.dp and drop this into your AH_BF109 folders. Be sure to delete any current *.CDP files in those folders.
    OK, i had to iron out a few more wrinkles in this DP. Seems that i had a few FX and damage threshold entries that were causing some CTD's when the model was hit hard. After more testing the bugs appear to have been eliminated. Overwrite the previous one and delete your CDP file. Can i please get an admin or moderator to delete my previous thread with the attachment?

Thanks

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Thank you for bringing this up!

Thank you BC!

If this isn't sincronicity........I had a dear friend of mine staying over at my house a month ago for a weekend and, since he works at Venezia airport and he has a private pilot licence sitting in his pocket, the least I could do is keep him in front of CFS2 since the wee hours in the morning.

You can imagine how I felt when, after praising forever CFS2 realism, which he promptly acknowledged as soon as he placed his hand on the joystick and his feet on the rudder pedals, we both tried for a long time to shoot down AH's Emil in QC with little success.

He said the only thing I need is placing a FF shacker in my pc chair to get the same "rear-end" feeling one gets in an aircraft, since everything else was so real. But I started thinking something was awry with this Emil dp, much like those killer rear gunners or old addon aircrafts that just would not go down.

In fact, when we challenged Akemi's Bf109E-7 or Giacomazzi's and IS4G's Bf109E-4 things went differently.

I wanted to bring this subject up ever since and now I have a new dp from "Bearcat241 Air Industries" to try out. Who could be happier?

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    ....I wanted to bring this subject up ever since and now I have a new dp from "Bearcat241 Air Industries" to try out. Who could be happier?
    "Bearcat241 Air Industries" ....thanks to you and Mort i now have a sign to hang ...~~

As a show of appreciation, here's something for your rear end:

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/

http://www.buttkickergear.com/product_p/bk-gr.htm

http://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-LFE.../dp/B000246U08

http://www.xoxide.com/big-bad-buttkicker-gamer.html

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Wink I can't believe it!

Oh, my!

The Buttkicker.......AH!AH!AH!AH!AH!AH! I can't believe such thing could REALLY exist! And its manufacturer is darn' serious about it, too! Just great!

As to your new trademark, Mort gave the input, I only repeated it because I couldn't agree more with him! :salute:

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart