Vertigo Studios F8F rudder pedals

Thread: Vertigo Studios F8F rudder pedals

Vertigo Studios F8F rudder pedals

I have flown the VS F8F Bearcat on another computer and am seriously considering adding it to my hangar. But I noticed a very strange anomaly in the cockpit. The rudder pedals appear to be almost fully left rudder with the controls neutral. The rudder itself is fine and the plane flies beautifully. It's just the rudder pedals don't look right. I know it doesn't seem like something that should keep me from owning the plane but I am a stickler for little details like that. Then tonight, I was browsing through the manual that I downloaded for the Bearcat and right there on page 19 is a picture that shows the rudder pedals and they appear that very same way; almost fully left rudder. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    My VS F8F Bearcat is dead on straight. No problems with the rudder deflection at all. I took some screenies, but it is time to head off to work. Will post them later, if you need to see them.

Well, the rudder itself is fine. No problems there and it flies great. It's just the rudder pedals themselves and like I said, I even saw it it some of the pictures in the manual that I downloaded.

Interesting! Do you have auto rudder checked? I have the plane and have not seen that anomally. Do the pedals move correctly when you activate the rudder via twistie stick or pedals? Does the external rudder move correctly?

Cheers: Tom

I just checked both Bearcat models in the sim. I see no problems with the rudder pedals on either model.

Charter Member 2012
    I think you have the initial release model in sim, try redownloading from the VS site, have a look in your aircraft.cfg and at the top the latest patch date should be

// VERTIGO STUDIOS
    // GRUMMAN F8F BEARCAT
    // VERSION 1.1.22102010
    // FSX
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

any problems, contact me on our support desk with license key and purchase details and I'll get the latest release out to you.

Bruce448

Does latest patch fix the landing light?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    any problems, contact me on our support desk with license key and purchase details and I'll get the latest release out to you.
    As I said, I don't own the Bearcat, yet. I do intend to purchase soon though. Just FYI, I was just looking on your website at the Bearcat and even the screenshots show the rudder pedals offset. So you're saying that if I buy now, the latest release doesn't have this issue?

Brett if in doubt, wait till we release patch 1.2

The rudder pedals are fine in the latest release version. Here's a capture of mine with the rudder neutral. (Lightened the shot a little as the pedals were down in the shadows.)
    Attachment 37339

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The rudder pedals are fine in the latest release version. Here's a capture of mine with the rudder neutral. (Lightened the shot a little as the pedals were down in the shadows.)
    Attachment 37339
    Great. I will be purchasing soon then...

I am also interested in the F9F Panther but have heard about a problem with the stick not moving correctly in the roll axis but there is supposedly a patch for this or some such thing. Would the latest version of this plane have that sorted out?