SOUND QUESTION #2

Thread: SOUND QUESTION #2

SOUND QUESTION #2

I know, I am becoming a PIA with the sounds but I was wondering something.
    Is there any significant difference of CFS2 sounds over CFS3 sounds that would make CFS3 better ( more desireable) than 2? I am going through my "found" CFS3 Sounds folder and find some of the very named sound folders as I have in CFS2 folder. I know some have "squeaks and creaks" but they seem to be by the same guys (OBIO?, is that you over there?) I have converted some but my ears have had too many sudden loud noises and my years as a "ping jockey" in the old Navy are taking their revenge.
    If there is no difference other than header,that I can percieve, and since I don't have CFS3, I will delete the "found" ones if there is no appreciative difference or benefit.
    All I am doing is confusing my librarian (meaning me) with similar R-2800, etc files.
    So, anyone care to steer me ever which way? Bueller, Bueller....?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    All I am doing is confusing my librarian (meaning me)....?
    Fibber, this aircraft sound thing is a matter of personal preference. No one else can tell you what should sound better to you or not. Remember, the CFS3 sounds are only support sounds for those cases when you do decide to use a custom CFS3 package that comes along, which will invariably require some of the support sounds. If you've decided that you can and will use CFS3 soundpacks by converting all the support sounds to CFS2 support sounds, then yes, delete the CFS3 folder and move on. Otherwise, just back it up someplace for when you might want to use it later and get back to business as usual with the CFS2 sounds.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

bearcat

Thanks, was just doing a bored informal poll.

Copy that, but given that CFS3 is not that popular with most folks around here, you can expect a light response. :mixedsmi:

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

"....you can expect a light response."

that's for sure! The response is so deafening even the crickets have become bored with their own chirping, read all the newspapers and left the room!